Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Furious Western Force players wanted Richard Graham sacked

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    The disappointing thing is that RG's words have made the Force and WA look like a second rate temporary job.
    The part that pisses me off is that RG's actions also make the the Force and WA look like a second rate temporary job opportunity.

Either bring in an international coach or elevate a sandgroper into the job. We need someone who has wanted to smash the East into the dust since birth in charge.
    Ben Cousins?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Ben Cousins?
    Stick with making sour posts, tic. You suck at comedy.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Senior Player
    vCash
    Someone wake me up, please! This is all a bit surreal.

It pains me that the team I love so much is backed by such a crappy organisation.

We have incompetence admixed with betrayal and vaulting ambition.

A coach is meant to lead a team, to give players self belief. Not to shock them into anger, powerlessness and a lack of direction.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Jeez BeeJay, you'll have to narrow it down a lot more than that...you obviously support the Wallabies, but all the other Aussie teams as well?

vCash
    This anger may motivate them all to go out and smash the Stormers next week.

Just puttin it out there!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Force players will decide if Graham goes now

Nick Taylor, The West AustralianApril 18, 2012, 6: am

Western Force players will have a big say in the short-term future of departing coach Richard Graham, who has resigned to take charge of Super Rugby champions the Queensland Reds.Graham is expected to finish the year in Perth but some players have privately expressed disquiet and believe he should sever his ties before their season restarts in 10 days against the Stormers.
    The squad will meet tomorrow before training to discuss the situation.Most players were shocked when Graham fronted them personally or told them by phone on Monday that he had decided to return to his native Queensland. Some senior players like captain David Pocock had been made aware of his decision a week earlier.Pocock said the squad would have "a good chat" at the meeting.

"Until we speak with all the guys we won't know fully what's happening but we just have to keep driving through," he said.If the players want Graham to leave, the Force board could not ignore their concerns, would likely let him go early and put one of his assistant coaches, Phil Blake or Nick Stiles, in charge for the last eight games.

If players are happy for him to stay but the club finds a replacement who can start before the end of the season they would also likely part ways.The board is prepared for either scenario after lengthy discussions about the situation at their Monday night meeting.They desperately want to appoint a replacement to get involved in contract negotiations with current players like Pocock and to continue talks with other targeted players, including two internationals.

But chief executive Vern Reid said he would be surprised if they were able to name a new coach before the end of the season.Reid said Pocock would be taking an increased role in player recruitment in the next two months and he and other senior players would have a say on the new coach.He was confident Graham would continue in a professional manner."I have every confidence," Reid said. "I would imagine the players would rise to the occasion once they've got through the situation."We need to rely on the professionalism of all the staff and the players and the whole system to see us through an incident like this."

"Until we speak with all the guys we won't know fully what's happening but we just have to keep driving through." "Force captain *David Pocock *

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...aham-goes-now/

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 18-04-12 at 07:35.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Batto View Post
    On meet the players day, we met RG and my Mrs said as we walked away 'he's a dickhead', I thought it was a bit harsh and she's generally a good judge of character.
    Looks like she was right !!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    let that be a lesson to you Batto..the Missus is always right!
    As seen on a t shirt recently

"I don't need Google, my wife already knows everything!"

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf1 View Post
    This anger may motivate them all to go out and smash the Stormers next week.

Just puttin it out there!
    My feeling is, if the Force still have RG as there coach after the team meeting tommorrow AM, that they will get absolutely flogged, so then there is no other option to show RG the door with performances... 1 game wont break the season but could break the back of RG in charge against (who ever we play) after the stormers... (dont have the fixture book handy whiles writing this)

Adding to this 2 things.Not sure if you read yesterdays West Australian. but there was talk that Graham Henry & (cant remember the 2nd coach) who the EWF are flying over to show the sites of perth and attempt them to come and coach... is this just WIND UP OUR ASS or do we believe its true.

Plus in todays Paper. it says that Pocock has verbally agreed to sign on an extension and Reid & Hardy have given more responsibility for the hiring and firing of new players to the captain Pocock. I wouldn't of thought this was a 'standard' procedure for captains ??!!

thoughts and ideas....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Ben Cousins?
    You crack me up tic!

vCash
    As for RG- it's in his contract, he's not doing anything that breaches his contract and if he wants to leave then so bit it.
    Could have done without the patronising comments alluding to going to a rugby state etc . A quandry exists here- I am bent out of shape by the timing of it all. However, logic says the WF need time to look for a new coach, so keeping it all hush hush on the QT serves no purpose.

I'm puzzled as to why the Reds want RG. Perhaps they are so happy with their backline and it's attacking flair that what seems to be a shortfall on RG's part is brushed under the proverbial carpet.....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    You crack me up tic!
    Cousins cracks himself up...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    My feeling is, if the Force still have RG as there coach after the team meeting tommorrow AM, that they will get absolutely flogged
    Ok, I'll have a crack. Mate we're gunna get flogged against the Stormers anyway. I've become quite a realist when it comes to this season. We're a bottom of the table side, with few genuine options at ten and twelve and a coach who won't experiment. We'll struggle to beat the Cheetahs and the Lions. I personally think the stink of Graham will hang around until a new head coach is appointed, and I don't think one of his assistants will cut the mustard....we can't afford stilesey to stop what he's doing with the forwards and Blake hasn't exactly set the planet alight as defensive coach......one of them might grow into the role.........we can't afford to get somebody who needs to grow into it, we don't have the time.
    Not sure if you read yesterdays West Australian. but there was talk that Graham Henry & (cant remember the 2nd coach) who the EWF are flying over to show the sites of perth and attempt them to come and coach... is this just WIND UP OUR ASS or do we believe its true.
    they'd bloody better be talking to coaches of that calibre. For the record, I don't rate Graham Henry as an Internatinal coach, I think the Blicks won the cup in spite of him, rather than because of him.....(they also had the assistance of a favorable ref and a stadium, nay a country, full of bogan supporters promising death if he called a penalty against them). But look at what Jake White is doing at the Brumbies, I don't rate him either and he's doing another Link with another bunch of nobodies.....maybe a poor international coach is exactly what we need!
    Reid & Hardy have given more responsibility for the hiring and firing of new players to the captain Pocock. I wouldn't of thought this was a 'standard' procedure for captains ??!
    it might not be standard procedure in every province, but Dave's not an ordinary captain. I guarantee they do it at the Brumbies. The heartening thing is that you wouldn't do that with a bloke who is in limbo. He's obviously committed and just waiting for the ink to dry, he will also have a player's perspective on the coach, since this will have a huge impact on the retention and contracting of players, it's important to get a respected coach, rather than somebody who nobody knows.

C'mon the

vCash
    ..Not sure if you read yesterdays West Australian. but there was talk that Graham Henry & (cant remember the 2nd coach) who the EWF are flying over to show the sites of perth and attempt them to come and coach... is this just WIND UP OUR ASS or do we believe its true.
    Henry's just starting a one year role within Argentina's RU, mentoring their top coaches and as an assistant with the Pumas.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ok, I'll have a crack. Mate we're gunna get flogged against the Stormers anyway. I've become quite a realist when it comes to this season.
    I dunno. Maybe we can get the players to all imagine the Stormers are RG running towards them...!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The fact the Pocock before may be why had a poor game last week. Must have hung heavy on him.

Just happy to be here

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast