Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Under 16's bound for National Championships

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Dear NGO,
    I think you need to be more on top of your facts here. One of the coaches is the RWA Development Manager which means that amongst other things he runs much of RWA's coaching development program. The other has considerable club coaching experience at various clubs in Perthat a senior level over the last 10 years. Australia's best coach of recetn years Rod MacQueen never played much more than club rugby. Arguably Sir Graham Henry's playing career was nothing to write home about.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Prospect
    vCash
    Just on that comment and a few others about coaches is it always and or only the development officer or employees of rugby wa that are qualified or given the job of coaching
    The state teams or can a leveled rugby coach apply for the coaching position for these particular teams? Very curious
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    One would think that a state coach would be an employee of rugbyWA.

One would also expect rugbyWA to be the major employer of rugby coaches in the state.

I don't know if there is any policy excluding a leveled coach who isn't part of the rugbyWA set up from being awarded the position, but given my two opinions expressed above I wouldn't be surprised if it appeared that way!

C'mon the

vCash
    How does a level 2 coach get the experience to gain his level 3 accreditation? Part of the pre requisite is to have coached state and or senior teams. There is always huge chat about developing players, as there should be. Where are the next generation of level 3 elite coaches going to come from? What is there pathway to higher honours? RWA do seem to hold down all state coaching appointments. We must also look to develop local coaches. Club coaches (mainly juniors) are given an opportunity to coach at the regional level through ages U14’s to U16’s but it seems to stop there. I could be wrong here but from memory WA had 3 coaches gain their L3, in early 2011. 2 from RWA and the other was incharge of Wanneroo 1st grade, worked with Perth Gold and was Head Coach of the State Schoolboys team this year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4