Thread: GREAT NEWS!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Rugby WA and the CRAC only talk about following rules when it suits

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Coach - I am told even Dave Ball at Pally did not use the EWF players with Wests as an excuse.
    It's not an excuse. You play the fielded opposition team under the appointed referee on the day. But that doesn't make it right.

It's not just about playing with in the laws of the game, but with-in the spirit of those laws. By extension I imagine the same would apply to the RugbyWA competition rules?

I'm not going to comment on the way people have protested or rebutted - but something obviously isn't right and it should be fixed so the same doesn't happen yet again next year...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Rookie
    vCash
    Well said coach unfortunately I doubt anything will be done or any major changes are on the cards. rugbywa only need to acheive their kpi's of keeping a few of the old farts of the inner city clubs happy and the moment someone kick against it then he becomes the bad guy in the story and then those old farts will do everything in their power to make sure they put him in a bad light no matter what
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by phantom; 02-09-13 at 20:12.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I have said in past posts that - what Cott did was not good and a use of the rule that had not even been considered. Clearly the rule on EWF players will be tightened to stop that kinda stuff,

but I will not walk away from the decision to allow EWF players to play in our competition. .
    In a roundabout way what you say above is maybe what most agree with - the rub is that:
    Setting registration guidelines/rules - which are later dispensed with, and then replaced with another loophole is childish.
    Force players should be allowed to play, but, ignoring/changing rules to suit, and parachuting them in from overseas is pathetic.
    To say, "they didn't win", ignores the fact that since Richard Brown all those years ago - nothings changed.

Champion
    vCash
    Ralto - why not put it the vote. let's start by asking all Premiergrade and Resrve Grade players, then the coaches and managers, then committees and hopefully cover the stakeholders at the coalface.

vCash
    If Brett Sheehan has not played for Cott all season then he's a bona fide (sic) ringer and that's against Comp Rules. Cott deserve what they got, but if rules are in place for EWF players, then stick by it.
    They must be on a signed team sheet having taken the field of play in two league games preceding finals rugby & demonstrate evidence of participating in two training sessions, either as player or coach. Then they can play finals ...
    That way they get into clubland, get more exposure to the public in regular Saturdays and qualify according to EWF Players and Comp Rules.
    Players are happy, coaches are almost happy but the RWA Community public get happier ... get some rules, get some buy in and stick by it.

Good to see Gus Martyn took some Rocky spirit to Neddies this season to overcome the favourites !

Champion
    vCash
    Bang on the money Kev - Gus has done a great job.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Gus is the Prems coach for 2014

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4