Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hows your club looking for 2014?

Champion
    vCash
    What happened to Luggs hand and the other one will stop training about now cos he doesn't have the gut's to feel pain to get himself fit,good luck with him NTT because he is an absolute dick and you will soon find that out for yourself however good luck for the year and will catch up for a beer 3rd round

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 08-02-14 at 14:16. Reason: s
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Yes Westies, it's always been hard to fund raise in WA. There is only so much you can do, and so many people (usually the same ones ) that will do the hard yards in this area.
    Sponsorship is not easy to gain in this Footy State, as even the Western Force know.
    Meat raffles and sausage sizzles will not give Clubs the funds to make these player payments.
    I'm sorry, but there are only a handful of players that arrive in this State to play Club rugby, that would be worthy recipients of match payments.
    In my opinion, a lot of the payers that do come to join the WA Club scene, have tickets on themselves, and would struggle to get a high grade game in the Eastern States or their mother country.
    I can not see the local Clubs being in a position to make match payments for some considerable time unless the ARU decided to send a bit of cash this way, and that ain't gonna happen.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Niko and Dave K are still at Kala. TalI has been to a couple of trainings, the two from Wests are training though Luggs had broken his hand and is out 12 weeks. Few boys coming up from the 20s. Few over from NZ.
    Jordy has left, Rayza off to Melbourne, Gray has gone north to travel/work. Kane says he is retired but is training.
    Rumour is the lock from wests and new prop had a punch up one got broken hand and the other a black eye its on already!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Rumour is the lock from wests and new prop had a punch up one got broken hand and the other a black eye its on already!!!
    Haha heard that last week too. Also heard he threatened to stab someone for looking at his misses while work behind the bar. Haha Kalamunda the "Once Were Warriors" club of Perth.
    Enough of Kala, must be some other clubs in Perth making some noise?

vCash
    Luggs broke his hand in a punchup but not with junior.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Rookie
    vCash
    Luggs broke his hand in a punchup but not with junior.
    Haha! Kia Kaha Kalamunda!
    Name:  Choice.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  179.3 KB

vCash
    Tali has now officially left. Family issues in NZ. Lukas Birch is out with a shoulder reconstruction. Rayza is gone.
    Our strength from last year our back row has disappeared.
    Our backs look quite thin too. We seem to have lost the momentum we were building last year.

Kia Kaha bro.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Apprentice
    vCash
    the outer clubs will all do it tough this year NTT.

vCash
    Tali has now officially left. Family issues in NZ. Lukas Birch is out with a shoulder reconstruction. Rayza is gone.
    Our strength from last year our back row has disappeared.
    Our backs look quite thin too. We seem to have lost the momentum we were building last year.

Kia Kaha bro.
    That's a real shame NTT loosing your best forwards in Tali, Birchi & Anare and one of the comps best backs in Jordan Pereira and to cap it off young Kohanga is doing yr13 at Hamilton BHS. I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom at the Bulls mate, you've had a very strong U20s for the past few years, just hang on to the core, get through the youth rebuilding phase without being raped by the senior clubs with nil juniors and hopefully the Bulls will shine again.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Numbers critically low, poor turnouts at training, three quarters of last seasons players gone, no new signings.

Things are pretty grim at most clubs, not just Kala I'm afraid.

Nedlands colts will do well but, even if they'll be the only team in the competition.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Numbers critically low, poor turnouts at training, three quarters of last seasons players gone, no new signings.

Nedlands colts will do well but, even if they'll be the only team in the competition.
    Neddies have recruited well for their Colts team, with a few having transferred to them from other clubs which I presume didn't go down too well at their previous clubs. I see they have a fair few players in the State under 20's so they must be doing something right to attract the players. Probably do okay this year I would think.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Come on Fulvio heard you guys have about 90 odd at training also heard Neddies Soaks Cott and Uni are combining to make up a 17's.If we throw our 4 players in wonder if we can get a piece of the action

Last edited by westies man; 01-03-14 at 12:11. Reason: s
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    38 at Paly training tonight

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I counted 5 or 6 more than that, but it's still looking fairly grim.

But there's a few weeks to go before the season starts, and a few more should turn up. now the smell of liniment is in the air, so to speak.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    38 at Paly training tonight
    So; are you gonna cruise into 2nds or make a run for Premier Grade?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast