Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bummer

Champion
    vCash
    if his IQ was below 50 he wouldnt be worther over 1million dollars 'allsaints' . ur cant call urself a true force fan nor can the people behind me who i swear next time they bag henjack i will snap. half the time its not even henjack and they still blam him but getting back to the topic. if you bag a player or coach of the force you deserve the 'full force' of the true force fans. much like kim hagdorn did. and did anyone read his article today. wot a joke !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yeah I noticed that Pruc....looked like he opened his mouth again only to change feet

Rookie
    vCash
    TWF have played close to their potential for one half in three games. I don't think any blame can be placed on the pack . Injury forced changes in the backline after game one and they haven't really clicked as a unit for a full 80mins since. Matt is a better than average flyhalf and scrumhalf but he is a more dangerous option at inside centre. Players running of him when he's got space to run will play to their ability and expectations as well.I hope TWF is doing whats best for themselves and not the Wallabies as far as player positions are concerned. Have faith ,they're not far off a blinder!

Champion
    vCash
    agreed. last night they showed glispes with props scoring and flankers making breakaways! our tactic is obvious forwards out wide to help secure the ball . it seems to be working

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I have to say that the drop goal was a poor option. Statistically the conversion rate is poor, never mind the pressure of the moment on that particular effort. The Lions showed enormous composure to resist giving away the penalty, but the Force would have been better just keeping the pressure on. This round saw two games decided by tries after the siren, and it might have been three. I only wish we had been down by four rather than one.

Still, I'm pleased to see that most feel as I do - disappointed for rather than in the team. This is a talented group and they easily had the beating of the Lions if they had just stuck with the play in the first half and lifted into the second half. But the hoodoo is real, and it is in the collective heads of the players. It is just like the yips at golf, where the player/s start focussing on the significance of the action rather than the simple mechanics. The media attention and our expectations probably don't help, but they just have to relax, focus on what they are doing and forget about what it means - the results will sort themselves out. Clear that mental hurdle, and they're away. In the end it may be luck, a poor performance by an opposition team or a mental effort by our team, but it will come (hopefully soon). Take it from someone who has had his fair share of the yips. In the meantime, all we can do is send positive thoughts.

As for sacking the coach, LMAOROTF. I don't think we could have got a better person to get a franchise up and running. Maybe he should take it as a compliment, as it wouldn't be an issue if he hadn't so quickly put together a team that has demonstrated the ability to compete and now has people expecting a win every time out. He has got the players there, and it is now up to them.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Good call, AndyS "disappointed for, rather than in the team"

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Expect to see more brainsnaps like that, not less.

This is a soulless manufactured team with no heart and no spirit. You need warriors who have pride in the jersey. Instead what you have is millionaires who have no reason to put their body on the line and do whatever it takes to get the win.

To the extreme !

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Ice

This is a soulless manufactured team with no heart and no spirit. You need warriors who have pride in the jersey. Instead what you have is millionaires who have no reason to put their body on the line and do whatever it takes to get the win.
    This will be the last time I reply to any of your posts and I suggest that others do the same as it's nonsense like this that will discourage real supporters and rugby fans from joining this site.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    This will be the last time I reply to any of your posts and I suggest that others do the same as it's nonsense like this that will discourage real supporters and rugby fans from joining this site.
    What are you talking about ? This is a discussion forum not a cheerleading squad.

Gee, I hope other people aren't as in denial as you are. To fix a problem, first you have to recognise it exists. The Force badly need some team bonding to find some team spirit because it seems representing Perth means nothing to them.

To the extreme !

vCash

Your a Knob !!!!!!!!!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Vanilla Ice,

Stick to what you know and this appears not to be rugby.

If you have spoken to any of the Team members you would soon realise that they are a tight unit and bonding happens on a regular basis. To win two games on the road in SA and come from behind playing the Bulls shows more spirit then some of you have baked fans (you know who i mean).

Yes the team needs to learn how to keep calm in front of the home crowd and not push a pass when the points will be on offer in the next couple of phases. But the signs are there for a great win at Subi.

And one last point, are the Brumbies also soulless because they were manufactured.

Clearly you have no idea fool.

Rugby is like Church many people go but few understand

vCash
    Players went to the Brumbies for the opportunity, not the money. ACT already had a rep side and a history to them. The Brumbies just took that one step further with admission to Super rugby. The organisation realised the importance of intangibles and put as much work into that as they did the onfield stuff. Having players from Canberra like Gregan, Larkham and Roff helped no end.

I'm amazed at the hostility for pointing out the Force's glaring mental deficiencies. Sure, I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong. But I want the side to do well. Why is everyone else so keen to ignore this glaring weakness ? Real fans care.

To the extreme !

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Never thought I would have ever said this but, on this occasion, listen to The Devil for he speaks the truth!
    You are talking out your fundamental orifice VI, I'm with TEF.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Interesting point of view, but to have any credibility you'd need to explain away the performances in South Africa and especially the match against the Bulls - what prompted a "soulless manufactured team" to haul itself back from 18-6 down in front of a rabid Pretoria crowd when surely piking would have been the easier option?

vCash
    The Bulls are a shadow of the team they were last year, as clearly demonstrated by them barely edging out the hopeless Chiefs outfit. Do the Force deserve much praise for simply being capable of playing 80 minutes ? The fitness of the Bulls was a disgrace.

But following your logic, how can a team come from behind in an away match yet not be composed enough to beat much weaker teams at home ?

And why aren't more people upset at the Force developing this habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Never thought I would have ever said this but, on this occasion, listen to The Devil for he speaks the truth!
    You are talking out your fundamental orifice VI, I'm with TEF.
    What a stunning level of debate on display.

Last edited by Vanilla Ice; 26-02-07 at 09:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    To the extreme !

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast