Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MATT GITEAU COMMITTED TO THE EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Thank you front row and exile for your steadying influence and maturity on this site. This is a bit of fun.

We're just keep the natives entertained and clearly they're not taking the hint....I'm sure young Jenha will grow into this (the maturity) eventually.

As for your last comment Jehna, personally vouching for the mindset of Gits is a big call..... I think you're well and truly overestimating your source.

Hold on to your seats kids, the next few days are going to cause you a few heart flutters. And that wont be because you've just had a vision of Gits in his speedos.... though I believe the speedo's had 'brumbies' on them....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Force1; 22-08-07 at 21:05.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Force1
    . And that wont be because you've just had a vision of Gits in his speedos.... though I believe the steedo's had 'brumbies' on them....

spellcheck....should that be "Speedo's" ?

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 22-08-07 at 21:16.

vCash
    If it is just flutters we will get by, i just hope that the future will be relatively trouble free....Lets hope....

Steedos, could be a play on words...ie speedos, brumbies, steed -oes....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    trust a reliable front rower to pick this up! Well done. A prize is on the way to you - eventually.

I suspect things will blow over. But its a very, very unwarranted distraction for the WF at the moment. They have a great year or two ahead of them. They just need some decent leadership and honest adminstrators.

Anyone familiar with Carlton F.C and John Elliott?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    yeah...I bought some rice off him once..

vCash
    We're just keep the natives entertained and clearly they're not taking the hint....I'm sure young Jenha will grow into this (the maturity) eventually.

As for your last comment Jehna, personally vouching for the mindset of Gits is a big call..... I think you're well and truly overestimating your source.
    What you mean giteau himself? My apologies....i'll make sure i pass on your message to him. Perhaps as a divinationist you're more equipped to read his mind than he is...no wait...that would require skills in telepathy as well...shucks...i wish i was a skilled and mature as you force1

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Damn, Jehna, don't quote the troll. Got it on ignore for a reason! Sheesh.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Once again force1 has warned us to watch out in the next few days, but backs it up with nothing?? Either mrs macs are going to be releasing a new brand of pie, or he/she is just stirring the pot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic
    Damn, Jehna, don't quote the troll. Got it on ignore for a reason! Sheesh.
    Hahaha my apologies tragic

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Thank you front row and exile for your steadying influence and maturity on this site. This is a bit of fun.

Hold on to your seats kids, the next few days are going to cause you a few heart flutters. And that wont be because you've just had a vision of Gits in his speedos.... though I believe the speedo's had 'brumbies' on them....
    Force1 I am always happy to help, my steadying influence is known far and wide.

If I may offer some advice, your tongue and cheek comments to our younger members may not necessarily be seen as "a bit of fun", a gentle guiding hand is some times a better way of approaching things. One persons fun is another persons attack which is then viewed as requiring retaliation.

Also cryptic hints are also wonderful ways of having fun at other peoples expense, but not always a good way of winning friends and influencing people.

Force1 you have found your way on to a very passionate Western Force Supporters Site. In case you have not noticed our Team has been under continued attack by a major media outlet. A lot of people here are upset by this and feel the need to defend our Team.

Your views on this are welcome, but please understand that your posts are at times inflaming a situation. I am not in a position to tell you what to write or how to write on this Supporters Website, all I am trying to do is explain peoples reaction to your posts.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    goddammit.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash

priceless

Thanks Exile.

Its never easy to please an audience but always easy to rev people up.

We've revved them up - and, as I'm sure you and frontrow realise, its time for the Force supporters to get right behind their team. I've seen them all, and they're the best.

Jehna, you're a honey. You've inspired our work!

Bye for now. Go the Force!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile
    If I may offer some advice, your tongue and cheek comments to our younger members may not necessarily be seen as "a bit of fun", a gentle guiding hand is some times a better way of approaching things. One persons fun is another persons attack which is then viewed as requiring retaliation.
    Just to add to this, I totally respect the opinions of others on the issues we are discussing. I see healthy debate as an opportunity to expand my mind. What I don't respect is unwarranted personal attacks. This is not tongue and cheek. Tongue in cheek assumes that comments aren't really serious. You are deadly serious and its insulting and unnecessary, and more to the point, unlikely to earn you any respect or credibility which are exactly the qualities required by someone looking to educate others.

Jehna, you're a honey. You've inspired our work!
    Oh yes...your comments have made those feelings abundantly clear...

vCash
    woah, Force1 is a ****

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Gotta admire him for persistence in the face of adversity...

ARU, Force to hold talks over Giteau, secret payments

Greg Growden | August 22, 2007 - 10:33PM

THE possibility Matt Giteau will leave the Western Force and return to the Brumbies is expected to be discussed at a meeting of Australian Rugby Union and Force officials next week.

Despite denials from the Western Force, high-ranking sources confirmed to the Herald yesterday that Giteau had recently sought advice about his legal rights and been involved in private discussions about possibly returning to Canberra.

Several officials are also closely monitoring the situation, especially with further confirmation yesterday that several other Force players, including Wallabies representatives, have approached other Super 14 provinces about leaving Perth. (Least he's starting to narrow the field down a bit)

The Herald has been told officials (do they wear black suits and sunglasses...), who will have a bearing on Giteau's future, have or will shortly approach the Wallabies midfielder to discuss the issue.

Giteau last year agreed to a three-year deal, worth between $4.5 and $6 million, to move from the Brumbies, where he has played for four seasons, to Perth and the new Force franchise.

ARU chief executive John O'Neill and chairman Peter McGrath are scheduled to meet Force chairman Geoff Stooke and chief executive Peter O'Meara in Sydney next week.

The Force executives have been summoned to ARU headquarters at St Leonards to explain (alleged?) secret payments made to Wallabies players in their squad.

The ARU last week indicated it would consider an independent inquiry into revelations (sure they aren't allegations???) in the Herald that the Force made secret payments of more than $300,000 last year in breach of the governing body's protocols.

O'Neill said he and McGrath would meet Stooke and O'Meara, to "put to them the ARU's significant concerns".

"Subject to the outcome of that meeting, the ARU will consider referring the matter to an independent judicial committee," O'Neill said.

"The integrity of the contracting protocols is paramount."

In a statement yesterday, O'Meara said the Herald report that "Giteau and other senior players are looking to leave the Force are without foundation".

"It is not surprising that the on- and off-field success of the Western Force has stirred resentment from some quarters in the east," O'Meara's statement said.

"It's also not surprising that a Sydney-based newspaper seems happy to run a campaign against the 'upstarts' from the west."

It is also understood Giteau is eager to extend his ARU contract beyond the 2011 World Cup. However, the ARU's high-performance unit manager, Pat Howard told the Herald last night: "We are not in discussions with Matt Giteau regarding an [contract] extension."

(And the Brumbies are on the record saying they aren't either. So that's Gits, the Force, the Wallabies, the Brumbies and $4.5m saying there is no talks or negotiations, but we don't listen to that because the SMH has spoken )

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast