Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RugbyWA hit with $150,000 fine

vCash
    How many other teams have been caught out recently Jehna?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Is that a sincere question?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    You have to wonder what is Force1 purpose, what is his/her/we's motivation. Claims to be a Force fan but yet does nothing to show a love for the force - sure its fine to criticise, but its easy to criticise. But a wise person would suggest an alternative.

So what motivates a person, a flamer would be done by now.

What keeps someone going with a continuing diatribe of the cup is almost empty?

What did the Western Force or RugbyWA do to you Force1?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna
    Is that a sincere question?

Of course, why would you think it wasn't?

Bad Force, bad bad Force, don't do it again or you will get the rolled up newspaper!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Yes yes, naughty Force.. The ARU will spank.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seldom
    BLOODY GOWDEN!! MAYBE WE NEED A REPORTER HERE TO START LOOKING INTO THE AFFAIRS OF THE EASTERN STATE TEAM????
    NOT TO BAD A FINE, OVER THREE YEARS, STILL MIGHT BE ABLE TO POACH NEW TALENT.
    Hey that whole poaching thing ... oh wait a minute you mean the Force poaching players ... good on them

At least this isn't turning into the farce the NRL have running. Both Canterbury and the Warriors got shafted competition points in the past, and the result of this year's breaches ... nothing!

Well that's 50k wiped off the ARU loses for the year. O'Neill go check out the Queensland Reds, something underhand must be going on up there. I would fine them a couple of million just for existing, the public in NSW demand it.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Force1

It seems you are all very tolerant of management that waste RugbyWA's money. Thats $210,000 in fines now to date! Wouldnt that have been better spent with clubs and juniors?
    Better check your maths there Force1.....

$150,000 this offence
    55,000 Kanaar incident.... (was originally $110,000 and reduced to $55,000 on appeal)

=
    $205,000

We would hate to have to pay too much.....

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 02-09-07 at 23:00.

vCash
    I think we all need to chill, perhaps with a Matilda Bay Red Roof Larger or a Colonial Brewery Porter, or even with our lovely Dutch WC sponsor. Today's Oz (after the 3 pages on Joey) has an article suggesting Rugby WA copped it on the chin and will move on.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook
    Taking the question seriously, none as far as I am aware although I don't know that anyone is looking. From the Weekend Australian though, that may be about to change:

"In order to receive an annual $4.3m grant from the ARU for player payments, all state unions will provide the ARU with audit rights and access to their records and documentation relating to their internal structures and controls to ensure that they comply with the contracting protocols."

vCash
    I think "Force1" is Lote.
    Haven't we already had a thread on posting when drunk?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    I think "Force1" is Lote.
    Haven't we already had a thread on posting when drunk?
    Not even Lote is that dumb and at least he likes rugby.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Perhaps he is the alien that allegedly kidnapped Gits?

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    I had a feeling we would hear from Force1 again. Its unfortuante that this is the only topic he/she/they/it seems interested in.

I still am not convinced that RugbyWA has done something henous, that has never been done before by any other club/union/organisation. The ARU's Lote "exceptions" scream loud and clear "do as I say not as I do" attitude. The outcome seems, to me, like a "what do we do to close the file" approach rather than an outright admision of guilt. At least the ARU will tighten up on defining Protocols; Conventions; and Rules so that this will not happen again.

As for Auditing the books, I just assumed that the governing body already did that for member unions and franchises. Every rugby club I've every been involved with had to have a financial audit each year, and a copy was sent to the region union, or am I off the mark?

I, for one, would still rather trust Stooke and O'Meara than anyone running the east-coast unions to do the right thing in trying to get the best deals, and honour those deals. If the ARU find that Lote's "third party" deals fall over - will they "top up" his salary, or just say "Sorry Lote, nothing to do with us"... I think not.

vCash
    Yeah I'm with you Hopep. These are the last PM's i sent to Force1. I won't post what he said because i feel that's slightly disrespectful and I'm not that rude, but you should get the idea anyway

"I did reply to this but my computer froze and now I just can't be bothered to fight a pointless battle with you.

Suffice to say that I still don't believe the Tuqiri situation is any different, that you can't fault RugbyWA for taking advantage of loopholes in the system, they've done nothing that other clubs and the ARU haven't already done themselves, and this is all evidenced by the pathetic excuse for a fine they laid down on the Force.

As for such behaviour being unethical and frowned upon in business, that's complete crap. This is exactly what business is...it is all about how you play the game and there are no rules in successful business...."

and then this was the last one..

"Firstly, learn to spell Tuqiri's name right...what kind of an expert are you on union if you can't spell the name of one of the highest profile players in the world.

Secondly, the i haven't missed the point. If fact, you just reinforced my point. The ARU are completely hypocritical. They are happy to bend the rules or choose when protocols apply when it suits them - note the Tuqiri situation. It's pathetic, and indicative of why they weren't able to impose a heavier fine.

Finally, of course businesses have rules and laws...i'm quite sure i learned that somewhere in my 5 years of law...but just because they exist it doesn't mean they're accepted and followed. If all laws were followed I'd be out of job...and so probably would you given that you insist on reporting on all the bad things in life and never anything positive"

vCash
    well may we all hope that we have seen the last of force1 and his predictions of TOTAL ARMAGEDDON at perry lakes and get back to supporting the force and the spirit. na na na na, na na na na heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey goodbye.....................

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast