Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

vCash
    Have emailed Greg Hunt Minister for Sport again - was also thinking of trying to get a letter through to John Howard - he's a devout Wallabies supporter. Am sure Twiggy would have some connection to get into his ear?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Chiraag there is no such thing as a cast iron contract. There is always some sneaky devious lying shit that will find some obscure meaning of a word and some idiot judge to make an incorrect decision. The thing is even if we had not sold the licence we would still be in the same predicament.

They were only ever going to bone us, nobody else. There is no "spreadsheet", the FUBARU not only knew about but facilitated the sale of Rebels. Every word spoken by that lying cheating thieving wanker Patsy Clone has been obfuscation

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Have emailed Greg Hunt Minister for Sport again - was also thinking of trying to get a letter through to John Howard - he's a devout Wallabies supporter. Am sure Twiggy would have some connection to get into his ear?
    E mail your mp and greg hunt. E mail contact can be found through google. A phone campaign to his office may be a good idea also.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Chiraag there is no such thing as a cast iron contract. There is always some sneaky devious lying shit that will find some obscure meaning of a word and some idiot judge to make an incorrect decision. The thing is even if we had not sold the licence we would still be in the same predicament.

They were only ever going to bone us, nobody else. There is no "spreadsheet", the FUBARU not only knew about but facilitated the sale of Rebels. Every word spoken by that lying cheating thieving wanker Patsy Clone has been obfuscation
    Yeah, fair point. Pretty hard to argue against a clause that guarantees we're in until 2020 though.
    You would think that the contract they should've been looking to get out of was the one giving the Rebels additional funding each year, but I guess that would only happen with less corrupt people in charge

vCash
    On another note, if we lose this appeal / right to appeal, is it possible to take our appeal to the High Court of Australia?
    You'd imagine that might be slightly less biased than a ruling from the NSW legal system.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    So who was the party from the Force / RugbyWA that actually signed off on the alliance agreement with clause that the Force was guaranteed a license until the end of the current broadcast agreement?
    Why would they not ensure this was left with no ambiguity and changed to December 31, 2020?

If it was Mark Sinderberry, then it seems a little suspicious that he is now in the running for the ARU CEO position (and if he doesn't get that will probably have some place in the ARU), and has been agreeing with the reduction to 4 teams throughout the process.
    Sorry if I'm completely wrong here and tarnishing a good man's name. Just saying what it looks like to me from the outside.
    I think that is pretty unfair on Sinderberry. As an outsider my observation has been that he has given his heart and soul to the Force. Always done the right thing. Appeared to me to have been the main driver behind appointing Wessels as coach (not the ARU as Kaifer claimed on K&C). You can't hold him responsible for the unethical and duplicitous actions of the ARU. Clone and Pulyer and the ARU board are responsible for this debacle and will be remembered as the most devisive and incompetent sporting administrators in the history of sport in Australia.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    I think the unfortunate reality is that Rugby WA has been blindsided by a bunch of sharp operators from Melbourne and Sydney.

I believe that what the EARU and their fellow travellers have done is indecent, inequitable, unconscionable and pretty damn selfish. But I rather doubt that anything which they have done is illegal - they are probably too sharp and too well advised for that.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    My lawyer knows something your lawyer doesn't! Whether it's a clause or where a particular skeleton may be buried maters not in that profession!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    E mail your mp and greg hunt. E mail contact can be found through google. A phone campaign to his office may be a good idea also.
    Emailed both of them today.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I don't think they were blindsided, remember it takes both parties to make a deal and a contract. They did all they could to make it work and keep us going. I suspect they also knew we were in the sights, but what the hell can you do when you are being aimed at. It's not as if we were in a position of power. Nobody knew at the time just how duplicitous those fuckers TRULY are. Nobody. Hmmmm. ....nobody..... another who is revealed as a tosser.

I think Sinderberry did everything he could for us, it's not fair to blame him. The organisation is far superior now than 2010-2013...when we DID have Graham parachuted in by the FUBARU, weasels like Judas, a shambles. Maybe Foley did improve the structures as was his remit. Not a coach as evidenced by his year at Tahrds and with us, but he was not hired for that role, he was meant to be Director of Rugby. He got thrust into coaching again when let down by all and sundry.

As to Wessels being "given" to us by the FUBARU, what a fucking laugh. He was hired by Foley as defence coach, and applied for this job. Nobody wanted him, a complete unknown, no experience and very young. Everyone on here was screaming out for an experienced known entity who could right the listing wessel. Luckily for all concerned Wessels was a godsend, a match made in heaven (after all it's the game played in heaven ) and the rest is history....the Force playing their best footy ever, the coach desired by the wankers over east who between 30 "pro" teams in Sodom and Brisvegas can't produce shit. Same goes for Rona Peni and Meekes. Two RL boys from Perth wanting to come back home, Billy anonymously playing his trade overseas and given a shot by Dave NOT by them fuckers. What a laugh.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I think the unfortunate reality is that Rugby WA has been blindsided by a bunch of sharp operators from Melbourne and Sydney.
    I wish that were true, but it isn't...they were blindsided by a bunch of nimrods treating the Force the way they have always treated the Force. It has been said before, but is baffling that anything at all in the history of the ARU'S relationship with the Force made them think we'd be anywhere but here when they handed over the license.

At best, they were irrationally misty eyed about all the "rugby family" bullshit. At worst, I really hope they don't get a call from the tax office about being arrested or an email from an African prince.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I would have thought if the Force Alliance Agreement hinged so importantly on the Broadcast deal and the KEY assurance was that the Force were guaranteed to remain in the competition until the end of that deal in 2020, then any variation to that broadcast deal would require the ARU to negotiate in good faith a variation to the Alliance Agreement with the Force. Not just cancel it.

The ARU have basically got a Ford Falcon, taken the badges off it, stuck a Mercedes logo on it and said, nah mate your wrong, fair dinkum this cars a Mercedes! It still looks like a Ford, drives like a Ford, the nuts and bolts are still a Ford, putting a new badge on it don't make it German!!

vCash
    ...short and sweet version:
    Polish a turd

vCash
    Moono, it aint exactly the way you say it

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    I would have thought if the Force Alliance Agreement hinged so importantly on the Broadcast deal and the KEY assurance was that the Force were guaranteed to remain in the competition until the end of that deal in 2020, then any variation to that broadcast deal would require the ARU to negotiate in good faith a variation to the Alliance Agreement with the Force. Not just cancel it.

The ARU have basically got a Ford Falcon, taken the badges off it, stuck a Mercedes logo on it and said, nah mate your wrong, fair dinkum this cars a Mercedes! It still looks like a Ford, drives like a Ford, the nuts and bolts are still a Ford, putting a new badge on it don't make it German!!
    The part which does my head in is that the force could not be cut unless there was a new broadcast deal, and that there was not a new broadcast deal unless the force were cut, which couldn't happen unless there was a new broadcast deal...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast