Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cheetahs edge past Force

vCash
    Cheetahs may now face a charge of eyegouging on Naps by Brussow that apparently (shock horror) went unnoticed by refs. Also Hodgson was concussed after a dangerous tackle by Ferreira who should've been red carded. (yep guess again-no ref saw it!) SANZAR are reviewing the game and also the try that was disallowed - maybe hopefully it'll be reinstated so that they get awarded the game!! Force deserve some luck of the gods to go their way by now for christs sake.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    There is NO WAY the result will be reversed.

SANZAR will find no case to answer for either offence.

They will probably even give him the whistle for the Sharks game to keep some consistancy?

You heard it here first as always

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    ????? reversing the result.....

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Cheetahs lock Ferrierra has been cited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Cheetahs may now face a charge of eyegouging on Naps by Brussow that apparently (shock horror) went unnoticed by refs. Also Hodgson was concussed after a dangerous tackle by Ferreira who should've been red carded. (yep guess again-no ref saw it!) SANZAR are reviewing the game and also the try that was disallowed - maybe hopefully it'll be reinstated so that they get awarded the game!! Force deserve some luck of the gods to go their way by now for christs sake.

Like TIF said there is no way the result of the game will be changed.

It would be opening a huge can of worms, where would it stop?

Result of test matches not known until a week later?..... it just won't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    In which game would you have "blooded" a new ref if you were in charge of appointing refs?

It seems generally accepted protocal to "blood" a new ref (there were two last weekend, by the way - how did you think the other guy went?) in a fixture where two teams are either ranked low on the ladder or where there is a chasm between the two teams (eg 1st v last)

Is that what happened in this match? It was solely the refereeing that decided the outcome? It wasn't the inability of a team to adapt to the refereeing? Or, perish the thought, the inability of a team to attack constantly and score more points than the other? The team made no mistakes (ball handling or choice of tactic)?

NOTE: I have not seen the match - it was on way too late for me, and the replay was on at an inconvenient time
    I'm with you on this point Ecky, and I would have to say that, to a large extent, the Force were the agents of their own demise on Saturday night. I am convinced, however, that since the margin was less than 5, and the offense that had apparently had a major impact on the scoring of the try was committed in a ruck against a player on the ground (thus officially having no part in the contest) that yes....at least one poor call had a bearing on the outcome......at the time (and still today) I cannot place any fault for that on the match referee, he did everything he could to ensure the AR didn't call the try back (I think he asked twice whether it had an impact on the play) and therefore, I thought he managed the situation as well as can be expected...but it was a shockingly bad call, and a more experienced ref might have been more levelheaded, since he would have been looking at that ruck, virtually nobody was on their feet, and the ball was well clear early.

As for other calls, I would think the jury will sit the fence, and we'll not get a reversal of result, but this match is one of the few where the result WAS decided by the adjudicating team.
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    You have to expect that occasionally if you submit a well structured, considered and objective analysis, rather than a vitriolic tirade. (though the latter is usually more entertaining, dead set)
    I guess if you fire enough shots, eventually one will hit!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Like TIF said there is no way the result of the game will be changed.

It would be opening a huge can of worms, where would it stop?

Result of test matches not known until a week later?..... it just won't happen.
    We have bonus points lets have negative points... deduct a point for each white card or seroius conduct. That will penalise the whole team not just an indivdual. It will be gone overnite.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    We have bonus points lets have negative points....
    That is an idea that would definitely be worth consideration.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    This is how the refereeing can influence a resut:

If the try had been awarded just prior to half time, the score would have been 11-9 or 13-9 depending on conversion. Go into half time talk on a high and in front, get a positive pep talk and look at how to get more tries. Then the actual try is scored just after half time, and the score becomes say 20-9. The Force are on a high, the Cheetahs are deflated, they have to score two tries to win and holes open up. The ref sees the Force are well in front and playing well, and stops pinging them as much.

What actually happened was the reverse, deflated going into half time, get a different type of pep talk, second guess themselves, blame the ref and go looking for more perceived injustices and lose the plot a bit. They are never in front enough to deflate the Cheetahs or influence the ref.

So its not just the 5 or 7 points for the try, it effects the entire performance of BOTH teams AND the ref.

vCash
    Even if SANZAR admit that the AR was at fault for blowing up at Ma'afu and denying Wara a try, the result cannot be changed. You can't adjust the score post-match, because every decision made on the field after that incident could have been different if the score had been different.

The very best outcome which the Force could get from the review would be an acknowledgement of the error and bonus points added equal to a win, but I won't hold my breath for that, as it opens a huge can of worms for teams to challenge results post match. The best realistic outcome would be that we get a neutral ref for the next game.

But from Nick Taylor's article: "SANZAR has been using "home" referees this season as a cost- cutting measure, a move that has attracted criticism ...". If SANZAR have been using home refs to cut costs, why did we have Jayco Pepper for the Stormers match? If Australia doesn't have enough home-grown refs to ref in Perth, why didn't we blood one of our own? The only other game being played in Australia that wekend was Tahs vs Crusaders, and that got reffed by Kaplan (SA), so was there no Australian ref available?

Actually, looking at the SANZAR referee panel, are there any Australian refs at all? Walsh is Kiwi by birth.

[Edit: also see what Bison said above!]

vCash
    Recorded the game but haven't had the guts to watch it after reading plenty of the post game analysis (including all comments on this thread).

Fear and dread - this is what it has come to when watching the Force.

Maybe they'll win this weekend and all will be fine and dandy..

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KenyaQuin View Post

Maybe they'll win this weekend and all will be fine and dandy..

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Harvey was a headless chook at times. I can't believe that has been resigned.
    That try should have been allowed IMO. I thought neck locks were part of the game these days!
    I may be one eyed but I thought the ref in the 1st half was terrible. Missed forward passes, knock ons and penalizing the Force and ignoring Cheeatas.
    But yet again we lost the game they didn't win it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Ashley Johnson thought so, the one he applied seems to have gone unnoticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post

Just watched Reds Saders game. Penalty count, 7 Saders to 17 Reds.
    And who was the ref? Bryce Lawrence no less. Shouldn't be allowed to ref under 9's

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    A LEARNER ref who's a South African, the Force had no chance..

Neutral refs should be the norm.....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast