Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Digby Ioane quits after fallout at Reds

vCash
    Don't really follow your point, but I have to run now (bloody work).

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Yep. I am prepared to concede now that the story obviously has legs. It annoys me though that Digby's situation has been sensationalised as being "Reds in contract crisis with Horwill" when Horwill has said the story is untrue.
    Hey Tic, not trying to be a dick here, but a couple of days ago you slandered Bret Harris as fabricating the whole thing, now you have been forced to concede that The Digby component of the story is true. Are you sure there's no possibility that the Horwill comment isn't true as well?

My point is that Digby no longer has anything to lose from the Reds, Horwill has PLENTY to lose. I'm not saying the Horwill thing is a definite, but I allow the possibility that Horwill is playing nice to see how his dispute goes.

If you don't allow for that possibility, you are as one eyed as I am and deserve all the shit you get for being an apologist for all things Queensland.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

If you don't allow for that possibility, you are as one eyed as I am
    Unlike the clauses in various contracts (and who is responsible for organising them), I doubt that proposition is in dispute - for either of you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    You have to wonder how inflated Digby's ego is to turn up at a restaurant bare-chested, I wonder if he uttered that famous line "Do you know who I am?".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    You have to wonder how inflated Digby's ego is to turn up at a restaurant bare-chested, I wonder if he uttered that famous line "Do you know who I am?".
    on twitter he claims he had a singlet on and they wouldnt let him in because of it.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Veteran
    vCash
    i said before, Digs probably had a contract in place where he could leave the reds a year early, but if he did, he wasn't allowed to play for another australian franchise. I would think that this is a typical inclusion into a star players contract. gives them opportunity to stay at the club if they feel up to it, and able to earn a pension if they feel they need that.

To me, it is a GREAT clause in a contract between two parties which are enjoying themselves, nobody loses. Diggers has a get out of jail free card, and the reds won't end up playing against him.

what is wrong with that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    what is wrong with that?
    Nothing, on the face of it. I must admit, though, that I'd like to see a bit more light shed on the supposed reason behind this. Whether it was because third party deals have not been met and whether the Reds management used them as inducements to help sign players. After all it was this that the Force were slammed for. Contrary to TOCC's assertion that that is OK; AFAIK it's not so.

Of course it's also possible that Digby is just not as moved by the Reds' team song as some other players.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    yes, the question of where he should play is fine, as you say.

It is really the 3rd party payments which are the real issue. PErhaps it was a fuel pill, or magnetic bracelet company.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    yes, the question of where he should play is fine, as you say.

It is really the 3rd party payments which are the real issue. PErhaps it was a fuel pill, or magnetic bracelet company.
    Or a tattoo shop
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    no, its the comment that he can leave if he gives up his ARU top up that should be setting the alarm bells ringing.

Total corruption.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hey Tic, not trying to be a dick here, but a couple of days ago you slandered Bret Harris as fabricating the whole thing, now you have been forced to concede that The Digby component of the story is true. Are you sure there's no possibility that the Horwill comment isn't true as well?

My point is that Digby no longer has anything to lose from the Reds, Horwill has PLENTY to lose. I'm not saying the Horwill thing is a definite, but I allow the possibility that Horwill is playing nice to see how his dispute goes.

If you don't allow for that possibility, you are as one eyed as I am and deserve all the shit you get for being an apologist for all things Queensland.
    I can really only go on Big Kev's public comments. He was pretty strong in saying that the report was crap in relation to him. That's good enough for me.

If Nathan Sharpe had denied a similar rumour, I'm sure you'd also be saying that was good enough for you. Would that make you an apologist for all things Western Australian?

vCash
    Not really, if the Reds are saying it as part of their contracting protocol, that's different from the ARU saying it as part of the top up conditions.

ARU saying it is nepotism at it's worst, QLD saying it is a province playing hardball at the negotiating table.

Long run, diggers has proven the leopard-spots theory and is more up himself that when he was at the force, because now he's a virtual automatic inclusion to the Wallabies.

I don't think I'd want him even if he did sign with the Force.....too much baggage.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    no, its the comment that he can leave if he gives up his ARU top up that should be setting the alarm bells ringing.

Total corruption.
    That is not how I'm reading what was said. My interpretation is that if he refuses the ARU offer, that negates his ARU contract, which makes him ineligible for the Wallabies, which means he can't play SR, so then he can leave to go overseas. But if he has a contract with the ARU, then his contract with the Reds stands and it is their call.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    That is not how I'm reading what was said. My interpretation is that if he refuses the ARU offer, that negates his ARU contract, which makes him ineligible for the Wallabies, which means he can't play SR, so then he can leave to go overseas. But if he has a contract with the ARU, then his contract with the Reds stands and it is their call.
    Andy. How I understand it is that he has an ARU contract in place. And the Reds are saying that is in place only IF he's playing for the Reds. Which doesn't sound right. I can't see why as long as he's playing here in Au that there is a problem.
    I must say this whole ARU top up business seems to have a lot of problems.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I think ARU top-up’s should be pay for play! Don't play no pay. Gets rid of all the side issues.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast