Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: SUPER RUGBY – WEEK 5: HIGHLANDERS V WESTERN FORCE

vCash
    On a lighter note I think Brynard Stander asked the ref if he could help so he could get some game time as with the way Big Mac is playing he could play any game by himself and still win.....MOM Benny Mac

MMM and Brynard should play the next game and let this Bull dog off the leash and see if he can match BIG MAC against them Bogan cow bell huggers.. Foley needs to play all the ugly players next week as we have the bye before heading to brisbane. We also need a good ref

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Probably that we are the Highlanders' hoodoo team and we should have expected to win, so why be so smug when they always roll over for us. Either that or they threw the game, that's why they wasted time taking scrums instead of quick-taps.

They were playing school boy rugby

vCash
    If any Force players are reading this forum - I am sorry for doubting you in the first two weeks. You have proved my fears unfounded and made me proud to be a Force fan again. It's been a tough time, but I won't almost give up again! Go the Force!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    They would have lost that in previous seasons. Massive tonks! Defending the line for 8 minutes with 13 players was enormous. DLuckily kiwis aren't the cleverest of cats. 5 of the 8 minutes were scrum resets. Tap and go bro. 15 v 13
    True, but they probably expected to shunt us for a pushover try or penalty try for repeated scrum failures (given we had two forwards in the bin).
    Massive game for Benny Mac (hope he doesn't do more time for the tackle). Angus was also very good again, his high workrate and physicality are great - how good was that cleanout! Sias seems to also have stepped up well - I felt he was scared of contact last year, but he is hitting the line pretty well in 2014.

After week 2 I had us as a wooden spoon cert, bloody great to see the turnaround

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Great effort today from the "stars" of the day, but also the grafters that gave their all.
    I'm afraid one good tackle by Cummins does not really convince me that he is performing that well. I have a few concerns about the Badger at the moment.
    Agreed. Love the Badger, but he's playing well below his potential. On the bright side, he can only go up and add more to the team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    Agreed. Love the Badger, but he's playing well below his potential. On the bright side, he can only go up and add more to the team.
    I reckon he is just not seeing enough ball atm and therefore not getting the opportunities he needs to stand out.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    What crap about the Force will he come up with this week?
    Weekly Force virtriol column:
    ... The latest whisper is that media training for the squad has begun, with players taught how to 'accentuate the positives'. Should be very interesting to hear what they say after a loss. The Force might think otherwise, but they have to suffer another loss some time. Probably as early as Saturday night. Link

Probably not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    ...Sias seems to also have stepped up well - I felt he was scared of contact last year, but he is hitting the line pretty well in 2014..
    Agree, he's found his mojo and is very confident and hungry. Still a lot of kicking but that's the game plan we'd expect, but some good off loads/try assists eg, set up Cheese's try.

vCash
    That game and last 8 minutes could be a season-defining moment. To hold out for 8 minutes down two men, holding on and winning a game where, let's face it, they didn't play that well but still managed to find a way to win - that builds confidence. Those are the games that they lost last year, and now they know that they can win them. As many others have said, take a bow Benny Mac. And Sias has been a revelation. His radar was spot-on and without that, we're looking at another "coulda, shoulda".

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Weekly Force virtriol column:
    ... The latest whisper is that media training for the squad has begun, with players taught how to 'accentuate the positives'. Should be very interesting to hear what they say after a loss. The Force might think otherwise, but they have to suffer another loss some time. Probably as early as Saturday night. Link

Probably not
    During the game Grumble Growden tweeted

"go force. medic"

I replied, " do you need a medic because you are vomiting?"

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    He's staying out on his wing and not coming in looking for the ball which he was doing during our first couple of games. I'm not sure if that wasn't the reason we leaked try's out wide. What ever our defence is certainly better than it was during those first games.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Interesting there's not even a mention of the Force game on GAGR site! How unusual! Other comments from trolls being that old whinge that the Force didn't win the game- the Landers just didn't play well! FFS!

vCash

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Interesting there's not even a mention of the Force game on GAGR site! How unusual! Other comments from trolls being that old whinge that the Force didn't win the game- the Landers just didn't play well! FFS!
    They have a separate section for Rugby Matches;

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/com...y-matches.120/

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast