Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Why was the ARC canned?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Can you tell us why the NSWRU shouldn't be blamed.

You are not bringing anything to the table if you need us to make points for you to disagree with.

Come on WJ I thought you were pathetic, I never realized just how pathetic.

Put something up to show why we have got it so wrong.
    BLACK, POT, KETTLE

fiddle with the order and adhere to your own advice could you?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Can you tell us why the NSWRU shouldn't be blamed.

You are not bringing anything to the table if you need us to make points for you to disagree with.

Come on WJ I thought you were pathetic, I never realized just how pathetic.

Put something up to show why we have got it so wrong.
    alright,

NSWRU is not to blame for the downfall of the ARC because it was set up, both financially and in structure by the ARU which is the national body for those playing along at home, they are the ones that allocated the funding, grants etc and they are also the ones that decided to end the competition.

to complain how NSWRU spent the money they were allocated by the ARU as a reason for the downfall of a competition is not even an argument, no NSW team went bankrupt or asked for more money!

then to say that the Spirit somehow made money when you have stated by your own admission that rugbyWA put in 2 million of there own money plus got 5 million from the ARU for a grand total of 7 million! congrats on recruiting some NSWRU accountants! for the spirit to make a profit that would mean they turned over more than 7 million dollars, how many people turned up to watch them, cos thats a hell of alot of revenue! every team lost money, as the ARU stated it was an unacceptable financial risk to continue to go forward!

in summary, the ARU is responsable for the downfall of the ARC, politics played a part, money played a part and every state rugby union contributed to that! (even WA and NSW)

if a local team in perth can turn over more than 7 million playing a handfull of home matches then having a team in the super 14 should be able to provide you with enough money to build at least one corner shouldnt it?

vCash
    They made $7m selling Jersey's to Westralians with Bumblebee fetishes.

vCash
    the fleet must have made billions from the boating set then!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    the fleet must have made billions from the boating set then!
    this boating set?

vCash
    thats the one!
    man i miss the fleet!
    i wish that rugbyWA hadnt killed the ARC by taking an oversized grant from the ARU! bastards!

vCash
    It's all RugbyWA's fault that the ARC is gone. If they hadn't been so far away the competition would have been cheaper. Maybe we can revive the ARC and base the Spirit in Bundaberg. If only there was a local sponsor who could identify with the idea of a spirit in Bundaberg...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by waratahjesus View Post
    thats the one!
    man i miss the fleet!
    i wish that rugbyWA hadnt killed the ARC by taking an oversized grant from the ARU! bastards!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    It's all RugbyWA's fault that the ARC is gone. If they hadn't been so far away the competition would have been cheaper. Maybe we can revive the ARC and base the Spirit in Bundaberg. If only there was a local sponsor who could identify with the idea of a spirit in Bundaberg...

Good to see you guys are going out of your way to constructively contribute to the topic.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Moses, as a good Jewish boy from Brooklyn once said, enough already.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    as reading your opinions and lack of reasoning adds zero value to my twf experience.

Quote:

Moses im disappointed, while Hey Suss, you are a genuine 100% knob. If TWF is doing your head in, stay on the GTT site and enjoy that experience.We will stuggle on.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    if you guys cant take it you should tell you fellow force people not to dish it out!

thanks for the vote of confidence hydrangea, its nice to know that since you cant contribute you need to resort to personal insults! i will put you on the list with gerry!

i like it here, i think i might stay for ever!

vCash
    Now that you boys have let off some of that built up steam for the day

The arguement was that WA got $5million but the Sydney based clubs only got ~$3million each...how far is that you have to travel to play the interstate games? How often is it that you need to fly cross-country? Sure all our travel expenses wouldn't quite add up to $2million but wouldn't be too far off, when you add up the food, accomodation, flights, transport to & from events etc

vCash
    Remember as well our costs would have been largely inflated by the need to import many NSW/QLD players to fill gaping holes in our team.

vCash
    yep, you had to import players from the nsw clubs, the largest catchment in the country!

i made this point in response to nsw being hassled about getting a development grant, if the nsw clubs wernt compensated they wernt going to release the players to play for the spirit or any other team, therefore the grant was neccesary for everyones benifit!

as for travel costs, you did need the extra money, were arguing that you cant say the NWRU was at fault and blah blah the ARU payed em this much when your team was payed for in exactly the same way!

that was the cost of running the whole competition, the teams (not even the spirit which as i pointed out earlier with the 2 million from the rugbyWA cost 7 million dollars to run) weren't self sufficient and needed to be propped up by the national body which under new management refused to continue with the exercise!

complaining about grants that were decided on by the organisation that was running the competition in the first place doesnt actually allow for blame to be placed on any state rugby body does it?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ohh... I made a List .

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast