Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bummer

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    And why aren't more people upset at the Force developing this habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory ?
    We are - but I think we all believe John Mitchell and the team are on track to be competitive by their 3rd year. Once they get there, the Force will live up to their name for years to come (and hopefully beyond)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peterss
    I couldnt beliebe it when Gits went for the drop goal at the end there....We had possesion of the ball and were slowly but surely getting up the ground more...Should have kept going and gone for the try or force a penalty.
    totally disagree on that one - he had too!!! Their defence was excellent, no way were we going to break through.

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Prospect
    vCash
    Absolute crap that's what I have to say about the Force's performance. They need to harden the F*** up & play some rugby or change code's & there name to the Dockers, Saturday's effort was nothing short of school boy crap.Maybe they need to take some lessons from some of the local comps because even though they don't have the skill of the Force ( not that we saw any of this on Sat ) they show a hell of a lot more heart & passion than the Force. Pull your bloody heads in boy's & give us something to be proud of because the way your going not to many people we be proud to say their a Force member I know I shore as hell wasn't on Saturday.
    As for coments on John Mitchell don't any of you supporters put the blame on him he can't help it if the 22 sellected decide they only feel like playing half the game. He has done bloody well to get a squad together with as many top line player's as we do concidering this is only their second season. But just a hint John maybe you need to kick everyone of your player in the arse.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    If the Bulls are a pale shadow because they only just managed to beat the Chiefs, I guess the same goes for the Brumbies and Blues - they also coughed up a bonus point to the Chiefs. Regardless, there is still a big difference between merely playing out a game and pulling it out of the fire. If the team didn't care, why would they bother?

As you say Ice, the team is more composed away than at home but to me that implies they care too much rather than not enough. I can certainly understand your frustration, and I'm sure everyone here feels a measure of it, but I think most are just gritting their teeth and hoping it will pass soon.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess
    WHS???
    what he said

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    totally disagree on that one - he had too!!! Their defence was excellent, no way were we going to break through.
    Perhaps, but kicking the possession away is an all-or-nothing gamble. Personally, I'd have said retain it and all it needs is one defensive lapse, one mini break and you can draw the penalty if not make the try. If you cough it up, then you've earned the loss.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah sorry Happy, tend to agree with Andy on this one.
    If it had gone over then sure Gits would have been the hero, can already see the headlines.
    But it was a hugely low percentage gamble.
    They just needed to play simple possession Rugby for a few more phases and the penalty would have come.
    As a left footer he was on the wrong side of the goals to maximise his chances as well.
    Anyway, what's done is done and I'm sure they have all learnt from it.
    I'm told that Gits and Hennas took it especially hard and went into lock down through Sunday.
    It will do them good to get out of town and focus on the Tahs.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    its fine while you have possession, given the penalties we had racked up against us to that point, it was only a matter of time before we got another one. we were not in the ref's good books !!

vCash
    Well there are a lot of very disappointed people out there and there sounds to me like a lot of knee jerk reactions...

The Coach I think has done a brilliant job, do you know your team is the highest placed Australian S14 team on the ladder? The style of play and the direction in the first half was great the team looked very dangerous and were putting points on the board!

Just because we all (the team as well) want a home win there are very few easy points in Super rugby. That said it was a game that they gave away.

Henjack and Gits I thought played a great game of Rugby constantly looking to get over the advantage line, the whole team looked to desperate in the 2nd half - like they wanted to protect their lead to notch up there 1st home win rather than play attacking Rugby it let them down.

They were harshly treated at scrum time and the offside rule seemed to be thrown out the window, but you have to play to the whistle don’t cry about it but get on with it.

The worst player I saw out there was Fava, the loose forward combo that won us the two games in the Republic should have been retained I don’t think I have ever seen someone make so many basic errors in professional rugby.

I think Stanniers is far more useful and dangerous in the Centres and Sheps had an off night perhaps we'll see him at full back soon...

The Force rolling the Highlanders is probably a very high expectation - you have to realise the quality of your opposition, the Reds is the likely 1st home win but they should bring home the bacon with the cheetahs and the chiefs.

This is there 2nd ever year if they pull off four or five wins that is a success, of course we all want our team to win every game but lets have some reasonable expectations.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Just because we all (the team as well) want a home win there are very few easy points in Super rugby. That said it was a game that they gave away....
    Probably the truest point of all. There is no doubt the Force could have won the game, but that is more often than not true of any losing side in the S14. The Lions were just as keen for a win, and saying they only won based on a choke devalues the fact that they put on a very good defensive display, managed to apply pressure in the second half and were definitely the more composed at the end. Frankly, they earned it.

Prospect
    vCash

Dunno.....

I thinks it's kind of a shame that this is my first post, not because the force lost by a point (again), but because I wanted to bring up the subject of fan abuse and wondered where you guys stand with regards to it.

I went to every game last year and will go to every game this year and it has become a tradition to wait for the team to leave and clap as they leave regardless of how they performed. I copped abuse for it on saturday night, a gentleman (and I use the term very loosly) decided that the fact that I and my friend were clapping was inappropriate and gave us and earfull.

Stupidly I retorted and a short verbal confrontation ensued. My problem was and is really, I support my team the way I want too, don't tell me otherwise.

What do you think?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I applaud you for clapping the team off - I do the same at all games I head to

As for the dull witted individuals having a go - show them some pity for them being born so stupid...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    If you want to clap 'em off to show your appreciation of the teams efforsts win or lose mate that's your call and show's you probably have a better attitude then the other guy.

Although I was puzzled by the amount of people making a racket including the "Blue Army" when Sheps was trying to kick yelling otu when your guy is about to kick really doesn't help... I was a little confused by that.

True supports are there for the team win or lose, it's easy to stand by a winning team its very much harder when they have lost especially the tight ones. Good on ya. I was too disapointed to clap them off but I couldn't imagine abusing some one who did.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Svein

What do you think?
    100% behind you! There are always some idiots who have no idea, I generally label them "Scum" and leave it at that.

You sound like the type of supporters that the Force want and I'm sure if they could choose then people like the idiot you came across would not be accepted. People have to realise that the team has a set of rules that they have to abide by and as suppoters we should abide by rules based on common decency and manners. That is the rugby way and let us keep it that way.

Keep the faith mate.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    I applaud you for clapping the team off - I do the same at all games I head to
    Jess and I were standing on our seats after the highlanders game clapping the players off. Many of them clapped back and obviously appreciated it.

So let them know you support them!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast