Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Henjak's stellar performance v Samoa

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Optimist, Pessimist or Realist? Time will tell....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Hey Chiselhead, if this site is gay why dont you piss off back to your half baked site.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    I was cheering for him when he came off. Not because he had a good game; but because he just ran his guts out for 60mins for us in the heat. I'm sure he heard what I said because I was within a couple of rows from the bench. Watch him kick arse next week.
    Shaun, I so DESPERATELY want to see him kick some arse I hope the combination int the backline is looking like the whole team did last year. Last year they improved every game as they gotto know each other. I can see the elements of improved decision making and sharpness on Thursday, and, to be fair, the god of rugby who played in 12 didn't exactly light the world on fire.

I think Henna's problem is all about confidence, both in imself and in his felow players. I'll certainly be supporting him on the field, but my patience will have it's limits. He needs to step up to the rsponsibility level he has as a senior player and a leader in the team. He needs to prove that he is vice captain material, because he is the starting point of almost every play. Hopefully the fact that he's passing to the wunderkind will make the little darting runs he tries more succesful and frequent, hen he'll start putting some indecision into the minds of defences, that's when you'll see him shine. He'll also start taking the piss out of the opposition again, that's when we'll see him on song.

Let's compare him to Chrisso then!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giteau'sGunnaScoreTwenty
    I think Henna's problem is all about confidence, both in imself and in his felow players.
    actualy... i think he has an attitude/ego probelem... pull him back to earth, make him do some work, start form scratch and tell him to stop pretending to be the golden boy. i thought his work rate on thursday was average at best..

as an asside.. the bloke infront of me in the line for tickets with the force shirt on with a 9 and the word "Chook Wank" accros the shoulders made me laugh.

vCash
    How much longer will people to continue to defend Henjak on here for?

He put in yet another crap performance against Samoa and he needs to start delivering otherwise we will once again see O'Young replace him like we did last season

vCash
    I was at the game and thought that Henjak looked pretty rusty. He didn't look awful (except when he did last years trick of hanging on to the pill too long and running sideways before throwing the hospital pass).
    On the whole I thought there was some improvement there.
    I think he is trying to create too much himself rather than letting the wealth of talent outside him do the work.
    Having said that I think that O'Young has the better pass, but he hasn't had the best pre-season either, making several bad errors against the crusaders (including a box kick directly into the ruck resulting in a try for the opposition). So I think we should wait and see how they gel as a team this year
    Booing Henjak is not on, I don't mind people voicing their opinions here but support our boys at the game...
    Personally I think its put up or shut up time for Henjak, he could turn everyones opinion of him around with a few standout performances and I really hope thats what he does, but at the moment for mine O'Young looks the better half (Remembering that he did start last year as well and looked good every minute he was on the ground). Can't wait until friday!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I must have been at a different game.

I know at training yesterday he barely shut up whilst on the field.

If Nick want's to contribute to a worth while banner for the ground let us know.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Some of you guys need to put more effort into supporting the team rather than slagging off individuals. I thought Henjak did an OK job on Thursday night, he was no better or worse than many of the other players.

When Henjack came off I applauded his good effort and was not aware that people were cheering because he was coming off.

Some of you need to grow up and realise that we are lucky to have such a great team and great coach......you should appreciate this fact by supprting and cheering on the team.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    i wonder if henjak will read this thread?
    and if he does will it make a difference?

vCash
    Do you reckon he googles himself...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    I must have been at a different game.

I know at training yesterday he barely shut up whilst on the field.

If Nick want's to contribute to a worth while banner for the ground let us know.
    Gee, who'd have thought a Half would barely shut up while on the field?

...and Nick's banner, details in the opening post, would not really be considered worthwhile - unless we all jump on the "hang shit on Henjack" bandwagon. So I'll tell him I ain't sitting next to him if he brings the banner until we all agree to be passengers on said wagon

vCash
    burn the wagon and give him a fair go
    iv been watching the 2006 reruns and actually started to change my opinion of his slightly.
    Will have to extract the digit and stop winging to the ref before i praise him too high

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    good point Krusher....have a look at the ties video compilation thats is here and on youtube...and you will see Henjak is invoved in many instances of putting the player through the gap to score a try....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Totally agree Krusher and Gerry.
    Very rarely, unless booze fueled straight after a match at the pub, do I give an opinion on what I see live as you get carried away with the moment rather than actually observing what may or may not be the reason for a players performance.

I have watched last season’s matches several times in recent weeks and, with such focus on him, have paid special attention to Henjaks efforts.
    Many times when he has given up a clanger it was due to a quick shove by the opposition forwards in the ruck or maul, an illegal hand interfering or just generally on the back foot due to a scrum on roller skates.
    Add to this the general inexperience of the Inside Back combinations he was partnered with and the picture starts to clear up a little.

VERY few Scrum Halves around the world give consistent crisp ball straight to the Fly Half's waiting hands, there is lucky to be one per nation. What makes a #9 look good is a #10 that can read the pass that split second quicker to cover where it is going.

Briefly, let's consider the experience of each #10 Henjak had to pass to in the first match they played last season.
    Round 1 Scott Daruda 2 S12 Caps from the bench.
    Round 2 Brock James 3 S12 Caps from the bench (& not in the inaugural 22).
    Round 6 Jimmy Hilgendorf 5 S14 Caps but all at Fullback for the Force and that is it!
    Not exactly the most recognised names in World Rugby!

I agree with everyone who says that he MUST step up this year, we all know that and I'm pretty confident that he does too.
    But to continually ridicule him for everything from our first year is both misguided and unproven.
    Most tries for the Force came from within a couple of passes from Henjak.
    He did some excellent work in defence at the breakdown and put his body on the line far more than his hairstyle may suggest.
    And while missing a few, most of his kicks were no worse than the efforts from his #10 and generally made ground for the team.

The other favourite of Bar and chat site discussion is the Reserve is better than the Starter.
    First, it is human nature that we will observe a fresh Reserve to appear "quicker" and "sharper" than the person they replace on any losing team.
    The Starting player has just finished sixty odd minutes of hotter conditions, fresher defence and an opposition with the best fifteen players facing him.
    Our last memories of him will probably be an error as that is generally what the trigger will have been for the interchange.
    On comes "Joe Hero" against a tired defence and often partnered with a fresh #10 as well. Passes fly and gaps open up, "Joe Hero" looks great and we all question why he doesn't start.
    Ask Hennas, there were those who thought he was better than Gregan when he was in Canberra!

After our mass debates on the matter at the end of S14 06, I went through the last six matches of the season to compare O'Youngs match with the same amount of time at the end of Henjaks match (ie even either side of the interchange for both players).

In all six matches O'Young passed more for no greater outcome. There was no heroic change in the scoreline. O'Young had a similar amount of turnovers and errors. Henjak ran it more often and took more tackles. And the Forwards to my eye appeared to have less direction.
    I think O'Young is a good player and I am glad he is on our bench however he is where he belongs.

We have three Scrum Halves at the Force (not considering Giteau) and Henjak is the best of the three. The majority of Force supporters can see it, John Mitchell tells us so and players that I have contact with confirm it.

Personally, I find the whole matter tiresome as the matter is quite clear to all but a few so that's all I can be bothered discussing on the matter until there is more evidence at hand from this season.

So for at least the first four rounds (ie two home and two away for us all to see) it is time for you all to decide, are you a true Force Supporter or are you something else?

I'll join the Force Supporters who support their players rather than turning on their own like a pack of mongrels.

Yes we are here to discuss and debate on TWF, but the consistent attack on Henjak has been unwarranted in isolation to the other players and just plain over the top.

Go well Hennas, prove them all wrong mate

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well burgs
    that should silence a few (at least while they read it)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast