Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals locations

Champion
    vCash
    No, Local players are not subjected to drug testing BUT we cannot play any player that is under suspension in another union.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Thanks for your question RM. I can't answer it I'm afraid. I have no idea about that issue at all. I would have to make some enquiries and that won't happen until I am at the rugby next weekend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is that a politically correct response or a BS one? What are you afraid of? Rumour has it you are on the Rugby Wa Board.

Does anyone know who the Cott 9 is and if he's the same person as referred to by Ecky? If he is then questions need to be asked.

I smell a few rats!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I just noticed that Tetera Faulkner played the shute shield for grand final for Southern Districts. He seems to have played lots of games for Wanneroo so not sure what qualification system they have over in Sydney?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I just noticed that Tetera Faulkner played the shute shield for grand final for Southern Districts. He seems to have played lots of games for Wanneroo so not sure what qualification system they have over in Sydney?
    Same as Cotts

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Is that a politically correct response or a BS one? What are you afraid of? Rumour has it you are on the Rugby Wa Board.

Does anyone know who the Cott 9 is and if he's the same person as referred to by Ecky? If he is then questions need to be asked.

I smell a few rats!
    According to the team sheets from the game on the weekend the scrum half was RYAN LOUWRENS the same as Ecky has pointed out. He started at 9 and scored a try for cott.

http://www.westernforce.com.au/Premi...esResults.aspx

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    8/12/09
    "SA Rugby on Tuesday announced that two players had been suspended for two years for the use of anabolic steroids and a third for three months for the use of a “recreational” drug after failing scheduled doping tests.

SA Rugby reiterated that the use of prohibited substances will not be tolerated.

The three players – all of them under 22 years of age – were tested during age grade competitions.

Ryan Louwrens, 18, of the Valke Rugby Union and Sonwabile Ntezo, 21, of the Eastern Province Rugby Football Union were both suspended for two years for the use of anabolic steroids."

Is this the same guy? Can't be. The Force wouldn't pick up a guy with that in his background.

Political BS; you seem to know the truth - can you confirm that this isn't the guy in the Force Academy and playing for Cott. I come back to the original question: Who is the guy playing 9 for Cott? Bit of a mystery man.

I think we're getting our players mixed up here. Maybe they've bought back Swimming Pool in disguise!
    What's wrong with a guy playing rugby who was banned for drug use for 2 years, 3 years ago? He's done his time. Would you rather drug use get life bans? It's a valid position, but not the one which rugby works under.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Any guy who takes performance enhancing substances (other than those little blue pills that Rex and Fulvio take) should be banned for life.

Set the bar high. There's plenty more rugby players in the world.

Sends a terrible message to parents of junior players and also to the broader community. Rugby should be seen as having a zero tolerance on drug cheats.

They tarnish the brand and the memories of players past.

Last edited by RumourMonger; 18-09-12 at 13:37.

vCash
    Any guy who takes performance enhancing substances (other than those little blue pills that Rex and Fulvio take) should be banned for life.

Sends a terrible message to parents of junior players and also to the broader community. Rugby should be seen as having a zero tolerance on drug cheats.

And as I said, that's a valid point of view, but it's not the one which rugby works under.

Player
    vCash
    "Is that a politically correct response or a BS one? What are you afraid of? Rumour has it you are on the Rugby Wa Board."

As to the response neither. I simply don't know anything about that matter. Thanks for the rumoured promotion to the Board. I don't have time for Rugby administration anymore and I am over it (done my time). I do keep myself well informed though.... One of the joys of being an old fart.

vCash

Yeah, that's a good approach, no possibility of redemption for a kid who has made a mistake when he's 18.

I get the deterrent side of that argument RM, but I am always prepared to give a bloke the opportunity to turn his life around. Otherwise I, as an ex-smoker would (I guess) be banned from entering restaurants and pubs

C'mon the

vCash

I smell a few rats!
    Ecksters correct, it's Lourens. I've seen two guys play at half for Cott this season. A bulky fair haired guy (looked more like a prop), the other guy, at first I thought it was Antini Brown ...(OK I'd had a few beers), that's Lourens.

Senior Player
    vCash
    If you are right and it is him I wonder what the parents of Cottesloe juniors would think knowing that they have a convicted drug cheat playing in their senior team?

My observation is most of these guys traditionally go off and play League where the culture is a bit more lenient.

If rugby is to maintain its clean image it must be seen to have no tolerance for this type of behaviour. Justice should be swift and decisive.

If it is the same guy then why the hell would the Force sign him up? Did they know about his track record? Due diligence? Anyone selected for the Force Academy should be seen as potentially a future Force player, have an impeccable character and not there just to pump weights and provide training cannon fodder.

Taking drugs / steroids is not "a mistake", its a deliberate act to beat the system.

vCash
    If you are right and it is him I wonder what the parents of Cottesloe juniors would think knowing that they have a convicted drug cheat playing in their senior team?

My observation is most of these guys traditionally go off and play League where the culture is a bit more lenient.

If rugby is to maintain its clean image it must be seen to have no tolerance for this type of behaviour. Justice should be swift and decisive.

If it is the same guy then why the hell would the Force sign him up? Did they know about his track record? Due diligence? Anyone selected for the Force Academy should be seen as potentially a future Force player, have an impeccable character and not there just to pump weights and provide training cannon fodder.

Taking drugs / steroids is not "a mistake", its a deliberate act to beat the system.
    Tell that to this lady.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-s...uk-coach-claim

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash

The guy was at school in SA whe r there is a systemic issue with steroids. He has served his time and its over. He has never hidden it as it is public knowledge. If u are ranting about banning all cheats then anyone who gets a rd card for repeated foul play is a cheat. Richie should be banned for about 1000 years at this rate.... Do the time for the crime and try again.... Is that not what our legal system and christian doctrine says... Forgive once repentant..... BTW all level 1academy players have to undergo random drug tests. Give the guy a break. You got another rant wrong with illinformed speculation. I know that you are trying to live up to your alias but please..... Facts do help.....

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast