Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Extinction? The West at its best...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    History is history, we are going to end up where we end up and many are going to disagree with what I am about to say (which is why it is here rather than "Ruffles Feathers") but I think it is piss weak from anyone considering themselves a "true blue" supporter to use Subiaco as an excuse not to attend while the teams income withers on the vine.
    I can stomach perhaps dropping down a membership level maybe or barely handle dropping off all together but buying weekly seats, but to stop attending using the stadium as a crutch is pathetic and you don't deserve a team to support in the first place.
    There, I said it, that feels sooo much better.
    That is fair enough to a die hards rugby fan.
    When starting a professional sport in a relatively unfamiliar environment with the hope of attracting new supporters and supporters from other codes, it is essential to at least make sure the new fans can see the game The first year attracted many new people unfamiliar with rugby. The rules are confusing enough but having a terrible view wrote the script for them not to return ever. A missed opportunity.
    Making the trek from the country seems all the more worthwhile if you have a decent view as well. Just reality. I'm with you on putting up with anything for the pleasure of having super rugby in Perth but we are in the minority.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rex Messup; 27-04-09 at 13:01.
    Controversy corner

vCash

Thumbs down

[quote=benny;207308]I like it... 1stly the government must have some excess dollars after knocking back the approval for skub-iaco oval go ahead.

Maybe the WA government has woken up and thought GAYFL is only played in one country. Rugby, Rugby League, and soccer is played in most of the world / all of the world.

I received some GAYVL "supporter" manners recently in Darwin...I booked the only screen in the hotel that showed Super14 for the WF v Lions a week in advance...A GAYFL supporter took humbrance, and officially complained to the hotel management, and thought he'd get his own back and booked it from 5pm onwwards the following evening...and didn't even turn up !!!...So unfortunately I was unable to see any other games...The Plonker could have watched the GAYAFL in his room on Fox 1 & 2 .....which he probably did.....

Yeh! we need more of that in WA....NOT!!!

Last edited by hertryk; 27-04-09 at 14:45. Reason: typo

vCash
    Maybe if were patient for a year, sell out every home game at MES next year they'll have to take notice.

With the crowd spread out at Subi and the drop in numbers it doesn't put forward a good image to the Govt about us.

Next year will be sweet, there will be a whole new buzz about the Force and the fans will return in numbers.

Every rugby fan I know personally has taken action with their feet and can't wait till next year.

A real home, some signature signings over summer and it'll be a great 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Maybe if were patient for a year, sell out every home game at MES next year they'll have to take notice.

With the crowd spread out at Subi and the drop in numbers it doesn't put forward a good image to the Govt about us.

Next year will be sweet, there will be a whole new buzz about the Force and the fans will return in numbers.

Every rugby fan I know personally has taken action with their feet and can't wait till next year.

A real home, some signature signings over summer and it'll be a great 2010.
    That's how it works old boy. Fill the place to capacity and interview the 1000's of people that can't get a ticket and splash it all over the papers and weekly television news. Make it an election issue. The power of the press needs to be harnessed comrades

I see an opportunity to print counterfeit tickets. Who wants a piece of it?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    That's how it works old boy. Fill the place to capacity and interview the 1000's of people that can't get a ticket and splash it all over the papers and weekly television news. Make it an election issue. The power of the press needs to be harnessed comrades

Didn't you get your season ticket yet?

vCash
    I have buyers.
    How many can you get me?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Bad taste of picture Rex.

vCash
    Originally Posted by Rex Messup

I got ripped off with a counterfeit a ticket once. Got me into a counterfeit game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    [B][I] . Got me into a counterfeit game
    Who were the Tahs playing?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

C'mon the

vCash
    I like Colin Barnett's reply that a real rugby stadium was higher on the list of "to do" than redevelopment/replacement of Subiaco Oval that afl wants.

Prospect
    vCash
    Let’s all just hope that the force can get through this tough period and fight on for many years to come. We all need to continue our support so that we and generations to come can continue to support the force.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
    Oh yes i'm jealous of spending my nights out at the Paramount...I love paying huge amounts for shit coffee and food. I'm jealous of all the fat stupid girls in hickville. more to life than going to some beach or taking a bikeride in kings park.

Get over yourself....Perth is a dump of the Highest order and I'm from the GT

More insightful information I do have a mate at the force who tells me the players hardly train and most people aren't interested in renewing membership because of Subiaco.
    And London is a great place to live with cheap coffee and slim, smart chicks? Hahaha

Champion
    vCash
    I reckon there will be some good news in the budget coming for RWA and MES keep u posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big I View Post
    I like Colin Barnett's reply that a real rugby stadium was higher on the list of "to do" than redevelopment/replacement of Subiaco Oval that afl wants.
    Have you got a link to that statement? I've got to see that

Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    I reckon there will be some good news in the budget coming for RWA and MES keep u posted.
    Cheers

Lets hope so. Labor = "Multipurpose" stadium, so the Liberals have to = a "Dedicated Rectangular" stadium shouldn't they?

Go The Force!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast