Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Counting the cost

vCash
    Yeah, but then we have Chrisso at 9..........don't get me wrong, Chrisso's a great bloke at 60 minutes, but we want better defence on the fringes.....Shetty was a rock last night!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    "Ref Steve Walsh back behind the whistle, great"

I disagree - I thought he was a joke - a lop-sided penalty count demonstrated that every time the Force was in attack in the Brumbies' half they slowed the ball down. I thought the new laws favoured the attacking team?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stejwill View Post
    "Ref Steve Walsh back behind the whistle, great"

I disagree - I thought he was a joke - a lop-sided penalty count demonstrated that every time the Force was in attack in the Brumbies' half they slowed the ball down. I thought the new laws favoured the attacking team?
    No, no. Its "the refs favour the traditional teams". Be interesting to see how they go against melb next year onwards.

I vote we all bring white sticks along for the remaining games this year. Put them on the playing side of the fence.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Apprentice
    vCash
    If it's not the coach, then you tell me why hardy, whalley, takairi, McIsaac, holmes, castle, Pusey, Horua, oconnor, valentine, gits, junior, daruda, mitchell, and staniforth all left at the end of last season. Out of the 15 that left, at least 11 were offered contracts to stay or had options to stay but refused to take them up.

I'm sure Mitch has a great knowledge of the game, but i have serious doubts if he has the communication and coaching ability to take us into the finals. its a cut throat environment but he's had 4 years without sufficient results. I hope i'm wrong, i'd love nothing more than to make ME a fortress when away wins are unheard of!!!!!

---------- Post added at 01:18 ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sure it was scrappy, you get that when key players are ripped out of the team at the last minute, you also get that first game of the season. George Smith dropped the ball like 6 times last night, nobody seems to be calling for his head!
    nobody is calling for smith's head because they won. waratahs were lucky with their win but they still won. in a competition that only has 13 games, wins and bonus points are too important to miss just because its the first game of the season. winners have parties and losers have meetings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skid_box View Post
    Out of the 15 that left, at least 11 were offered contracts to stay or had options to stay but refused to take them up.
    Do you know that as a fact or did you hear it from somebody who was told by someone else...... I'm not trying to be a smartarse. I just want to know because it's the first time I've heard that and, if it's factual, I'd agree it's cause for concern.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Apprentice
    vCash
    hardy, whalley, takiari, mcisaac, horua, valentine, gits, junior, mitchell and staniforth all refused either new contracts or opted out of their final year. holmes, oconnor and Pusey were not offered deals for this season, castle was always only going to stay for one year as he had already signed in wales before he arrived, not sure about daruda. he's back in perth anyway so maybe they should throw him a bone if they need a cheap 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skid_box View Post
    hardy, whalley, takiari, mcisaac, horua, valentine, gits, junior, mitchell and staniforth all refused either new contracts or opted out of their final year. holmes, oconnor and Pusey were not offered deals for this season, castle was always only going to stay for one year as he had already signed in wales before he arrived, not sure about daruda. he's back in perth anyway so maybe they should throw him a bone if they need a cheap 10.
    Add the coaching support staff for a full list...

vCash
    The coach is fine
    The backline needs replacing instead, and the people who signed them
    Mitchell has turned a lot of kids with "potential" into wallabies. A lot of these kids would have been playing club rugby due to lack of opportunity.
    Mitchell didn't tell Harris to kick out on the full 6 times, drop it and miss tackles all night

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Have found the answer:

1 Dunning
    2 Cowan
    3 Fairbrother
    4 Hockings
    5 Sharpe
    6 Wykes
    7 McCalman
    8 Stanford

9 Sheehan
    10 Hunt
    11 Cross
    12 Pocock
    13 Hodgson
    14 Inman
    15 O'Connor

16 Whittaker
    17 Henderson
    18 Jones
    19 Manu
    20 Longbottom
    21 O'Young
    22 Haylett-Petty

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Burgs u may have enjoyed putting that team togther but I tend to agree with u, well done on thinking out of the square this is Plan c we have searching for..... I would like to see OY first instead of Sheehan

vCash
    i was going to suggest Pocock at 12.. man he would be devistating against Nonu!!! dunno about Hodgo though itd keep him in the front to provide some mongrel.. unfair to leave Sare out i felt he had a good game.. especially defensively so Cross back to 13 and Sare to 11

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I would have put Brown in the Backline too if he was available Zim, was more aiming at getting an all Forward XV

Will put up my "grand plan" directly

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    get a 10 and get one quick or 6th,7th,8th is where the force will be yet again...

---------- Post added at 13:32 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

get a 10 and get one quick or 6th,7th,8th is where the force will be yet again...

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:32 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bunter View Post
    Righto - lets crank this forum up.
    Pieter, sorry mate , disagree majorly.
    This was probably the most crap game of rugby I have seen for a long time.
    Players giving 100%, bullshit.
    No coaching panel trains players to drop the ball, shovel shit in the pass or generally play like a bunch of Perth 3rd grade players.
    On the field it is up to the players.
    The skill level was shocking with missed tackles, crap passes, kicks out on the full and crooked line out throws.
    There was elation at the great depth we now have in the front row.
    Blues v Hurricanes match - one reset scrum. Force v Brumbies, a bloody debarkle in the scrums.
    The Brumbies were not good, but the Force were worse.
    I am sick of people blowing smoke up these guys arses telling them how great they are going to perform this season.
    After years of mediocre results, I mistakenly thought this year might be better.
    Mitchel must be pulling his stubble out wondering how long before his head rolls, because of poor player performance.
    Wake up players, start playing like you deserve to be in this competition or accept that the Force is assembled from all the wannabe's of Super 14 who think this is an easy ride into the comp.
    Seemed like a lot of empty seats there tonight and if this is the standard of rugby we can expect in Perth, there will be many more empty seats, and the future of S14 rugby in this State is under threat.
    Community Rugby has accepted players from their clubs not being available for Club matches, and injuries to Club players ruling them out of games when they are supposed to be coached and trained under the guidance of a professional organisation.
    What the hell is going on????
    I have never seen so many injuries to players under the Force's control.
    Come on guys - get ya hair out of your eyes, leave the hair gell and lady shavers at home, and harden up to the level required in this competition, if you want to avoid the wooden spoon, and the embarrassment of being the players who started the decline of top level rugby in Perth.
    That's my 10 cent's worth, now go for it.
    ur right,there is alot to be worried about concerning our professional setup here in perth - there's only 4/5 major things to get right in any rugby - run, catch, pass, tackle and contact skills. why can't our guys get at least 3 of them right - they surely cannot expect us to keep watching this stuff and turn MES into a cauldron. look at crusaders, chiefs and the waratahs - they all found a way to win.Nothing else matters

Quote:" Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing."
    Vince Lombardi.

Champion
    vCash
    Date of birth October 22, 1981 (1981-10-22) (age 28)
    Place of birth Victoria, Australia
    Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)
    Weight 82 kg (12 st 13 lb)
    Rugby union career
    Playing career
    Position Fly-half
    Clubs played for
    Years Club / team Caps Points
    Professional / senior clubs
    2002-2003
    2003-2004
    2005-2006
    2006- Taranaki
    Queensland Reds
    Western Force
    ASM Clermont Auvergne

James are u available ????

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:45 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Date of birth October 22, 1981 (1981-10-22) (age 28)
    Place of birth Victoria, Australia
    Height 1.79 m (5 ft 10+1⁄2 in)
    Weight 82 kg (12 st 13 lb)
    Rugby union career
    Playing career
    Position Fly-half
    Clubs played for
    Years Club / team Caps Points
    Professional / senior clubs
    2002-2003
    2003-2004
    2005-2006
    2006- Taranaki
    Queensland Reds
    Western Force
    ASM Clermont Auvergne

James are u available ????
    google : EUROPEAN CLUB RUGBY PLAYER PROFILE

Interesting reading for all who are concerned about the Force and there recruitment requirements ie Brock James

vCash
    Sammy Harris is not and never will be a S14 10, too much was asked of him tonight, but who would you use.
    It was obvious that he was out of his depth by the end of the first half. Do you ruin his self confidence by leaving out there? Or ruin it by pulling him off? Do you give someone a go to step up or let the game go downhill?

An earlier article said that Hunt was pulled into the reserves. There was no harm in giving him a go in the last 20 of the game.

We didn't have the cattle, not our fault!
    Whose fault is it then? 'Cause they deserve to be sacked. Pretorious is notorious for getting injured as is Sheps. Who were they planning on replacing Pretorius with next year? Barty is already in his 30's and Stephano is a little young to be first starter. How is that building for the future? Recruitment has been poor at best and really needs to be looked at.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast