Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Committee Finds No Mistreatment Of Quokkas

vCash
    That's what I thought, but let's face it, the guy's still got a job and it's his third alcohol-fueled event not that the other two were quite so bad, but still. I'd think if there was any doubt that he'd been anything other than clumsy, his contract would have to be grass to save the force from looking like the eagles!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    i think a 100+ kilo bloke who lifts weights as part of his job slamming a plastic box over a quokka whilst drunk would cause some major damage so i think we can ignore that one. paper this morning suggests one was thrown between 2 and 5 meters which isnt to far so i guess could be a clumsy release/partial throw. it also suggested on the back page of the paper that the quokkas were 'inappropriately handled'... ewww
    theres def a big diff between drunken screwing around and actually trying to hurt the things, whilst both are still bad lets hope it was the first one

vCash
    Having read the back page of the West today, it's definitely time for the to MAKE THIS GO AWAY! It's not helping the brand, it's not helping the code.

Is there a good news story that can be thrown about, the West listed the SMH mantra on it's back page today.

Possibly Scotty could be suspended until the alcohol counseling has reached a certain point. He would then be able to train as if injured and keep fit, but not participate in games until he's clean. It answers the 'tough on booze' question, but leaves a door open for him to redeem himself.

The other point that was only mentioned in passing is the statement by Geoff Stooke that the players got the maximum allowable punishment under the CBA and he will be requesting a review of this. Is it true that a player cannot lose his contract for drunkenness in public and commission of a criminal offense?
    If so, that message needs to be stated loudly!

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GiteauIsGunnaScoreTwenty View Post
    The other point that was only mentioned in passing is the statement by Geoff Stooke that the players got the maximum allowable punishment under the CBA and he will be requesting a review of this. Is it true that a player cannot lose his contract for drunkenness in public and commission of a criminal offense?
    If so, that message needs to be stated loudly!
    i believe they received the maximum possible 'fine' rather than 'punishment'.

vCash
    I'm back from a week in South Oz, and heard snippets of this over there. VERY disappointed The excuse of alcohol is no excuse at all. Quokkas are harmless, trusting, iconic little things. The idea of anyone even thinking of teasing or abusing them is repellent.

Plus, aren't quokkas supposed to carry hepatitis? Picking them up isn't something I'd ever think of doing.

I hope lessons have been learned, and that the community service involves animal rescue in some way.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    I really don't know how to take this post sloppy, are you being sarcastic or are you as demented as this tripe makes you sound?

C'mon the

vCash
    Hahaha i hate melbourne! Lol no rugby news awww and not to mention i went to a bar and they didn't have pints and only had the beers on tap! Sad face!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5