Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Giteau to weigh up $10m French offer

vCash
    shasta read a little more and you can answer some of these questions yourself...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    We the supporters and the players moved on at that 80th minute on the 15th May 2008.

We moved onto the bowling club while some others stayed at Subi.

Apparently its you who keeps bringing it up and cant move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    shasta read a little more and you can answer some of these questions yourself...
    I thought you'd say something along those lines. You made the statements. Substantiate them.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    that said statdium is apparently going to be a state of the art training facility, as far as I know South Sydney will continue to play out of ANZ, as their attendances will not keep the $$$ comming. I have read many things about it. I do like to keep up with the news from my home town.

You are still attempting to pass your "opinions" off as fact mudcrab. You have nothing to back them up and when confronted about it you either contradict yourself or repeat yourself. The above "read a little more and you will answer some of those questions yourself" reeks of a dickheads smug attitude. Although i dont know you personally, I would have no problem repeating this to your face.

For someone who wants the Force to do well, you certainly hang alot of shit on the management of RugbyWA for getting mixed up with Firepower.

I have no particular opinion when it comes to Matt Giteau staying or going, that will be his choice and I will not fault for it. I will fault him if ge walks out on a signed contract with the ARU (which I find highly doubtfull. But when some knob just rocks up thinking he has ALL the answers, I think a few of us have the right to get riled up, given your stand offish attitude when anyone else voices their "opinion"

Perhaps you could actually move on from the past, or did Tim Johnston steal your mums retirement pension?

If I appear to be being a bully, I don't care and I believe a bucket of concrete will be in order
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by jargan83; 01-12-08 at 21:59.

vCash
    About the Rabbitohs stadium, there is a push to get back to the heartland of the club. Supporters aren't traveling to the huge Homebush stadium. Last year the West Tigers played some games back at Leichhart and they proved to be very popular, sellouts in fact. The Rabbitohs may still have some contract with Homebush but it’s only a matter of time before they play again in their local area.

For the record I lost no money or did my family in the firepower scam.

I'm asked why I think something and I answer the question. Yes it is my opinion and speculation on what may happen. Many here see, hear no speak on evil...Its just denial.

Ok… I will answer one of Shasta question about Peter Holmes a Court . The Force board member Perry who also lost money to firepower was a personal assistant to his father Robert Holmes a Court.

http://www.rugbyheaven.com.au/news/n...770925320.html

Extract from…21 June 2008, Jacqueline Magnay and Gerard Ryle
    Perry said his interest in Firepower was declared to the Force board as soon as he took it up as part of a self-managed personal superannuation fund.
    "The board's procedures are very clear in declaring such interests as part of the agenda of every meeting and have been adhered to," Perry said. " The procedures are designed to guarantee no conflict of interest occurs."

Perry said he was unaware of any other board members being shareholders of Firepower. He was also unaware of any other board members or officials having been promised shares in the company. Perry has strong business links in the West, being a former media adviser to the Burke government, a manager of corporate services of Alan Bond's company Bond Media, a former member of the Australian Broadcasting Tribunal and a personal assistant to the late Robert Holmes a Court. Holmes a Court's son, Peter, was also linked to Firepower through the company's major sponsorship of the South Sydney Rabbitohs - owned by Peter Holmes a Court and Russell Crowe - for a year.

Perry said his Firepower investment had been a disappointment.
    "In the relatively small share portfolio in our super fund, some investments are doing better than others, and some are not - sometimes you have to take a long view and hope," he said.

The Firepower company that was paying the Force players, Firepower Operations, is being wound up in the Federal Court following a petition by former Firepower lawyers Johnson Winter & Slattery, who are owed nearly $70,000.
    Force coach John Mitchell was also paid by Firepower, but he terminated the $100,000 sponsorship last August. Perry said it was a focus of the board to replace the third-party player deals.

The Force needs to clean house and put this behind them... Rip up the contracts linked to the firepower scam and start fresh. Cameron Shepherd was happy to resign why would others not?

If the players stay, brilliant, if they go then may be clubs can't be built on deception...CEO O'Meara screwed the force culture big time..

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    maybe O'Meara sacked you then sometime in the past????

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Coach…I agree context is important but not everything. The Force players rallied without John Mitchell's help that day, it solely a player win.

The fact stands Mitchell walked out on the team, your team doesn't that piss you guys off... why defend him? move on, I'm sure he wont do it again...
    You are fond of telling us what you write is simply a statement of opinion. If this is simply an opinion, why do you feel the need to continue re-stating it?

If we are getting into a debate, then I guess your post could be classed as a rebuttal, however a rebuttal requires evidence, which you are sorely lacking.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Hi Coach… I’m hand holding those who cannot separate fact form opinion and speculation...and those who put it all down as media fantasy…I can stop writing it I guess. I restate some points when asked to respond by others. No other reason. I realise not all media is 100% fact most is opinion also, that’s the media.

Example what I said about Mitchell is fact, he got cashed out form firepower when others didn’t. He walked out on his team at half time, as I understand it that’s a fact. If it is not fact please tell me the facts not just a one line denial. I’m sure others are interested also.

Why at this site do the supporters not want to address the key issues which concern the future of this club?

Is it because they see it as disloyal or don’t really want to know?

I have supplied evidence on many occasions; as I have also entered my opinion. Few here respond with facts just an arbitrary denial of whats gone on…or worse childish insults...

Coach...You're questioning my opinion and when I've already posted why I have come to that view. Coach are you policing content in this web-site?

vCash
    About the Rabbitohs stadium, there is a push to get back to the heartland of the club. Supporters aren't traveling to the huge Homebush stadium. Last year the West Tigers played some games back at Leichhart and they proved to be very popular, sellouts in fact. The Rabbitohs may still have some contract with Homebush but it’s only a matter of time before they play again in their local area.
    where do you get you info from??

West Tigers have signed a new contract to play out of SFS in 2009, quite a large distance away from there heartland. On top of that, the Rabbitohs signed a deal until 2017 to play out of ANZ Stadium which was only re-signed at the beginning of this year....

The so called stadium in the Rabbitohs heartland, im assuming you are talking about Redfern Oval, which is definetly not up to NRL requirements. It is used as the Rabbitohs training and admin base. They play some exhibition/trial matches there but the crowd capacity is only 5'000.

why are we talking about this shit in the Giteau thread anyway?

vCash
    TOCC...Someone asked about it. I was of the understanding that tigers wanted to play some games at Leichhardt not all. Crowe is keen to get some games out of ANZ back to the local district; I understand some clubs have long range contracts with ANZ stadium. Many people and journos in Sydney feel the game needs to get back to the people. THats the talk about town. Perhaps they will up grade Redfern oval to 10,000 for local matches.

I'm a not an expert on league, I just made an earlier comment that the Rabbitohs built a modern new facility…locally

vCash
    mudskipper, many clubs talk about reconnecting with the heartland, much of the time its just PR bullshit to make the fans think the club actually cares. At the end of the day, the $$ figure is what actually matters.

There is next to no chance that Redfern oval will be upgraded significantly to host NRL matches, you would want at least 20'000 capacity for the benefits to really flow through. The NSW Govt is broke, the Rabbitohs dont have the money to build it themself and the Council definetly dont have the money to support it either.

I remember Crowe and his entourage talking last year and the year before about reconnecting to the community and being based out of Redfern, but then they go and sign a new 10 year contract with ANZ Stadium. It reaks hypocrisy and i think you just need to see through the bullshit.

Last edited by TOCC; 02-12-08 at 09:14.

vCash
    Coach...You're questioning my opinion and when I've already posted why I have come to that view.
    I think you'll find I did not suggest your opinion was invalid nor did I question it - I simply stated my own opinion. You then questioned my opinion implying that it was incorrect but failing to back this up with evidence or sources of having any more information that the rest of us.

Coach are you policing content in this web-site?
    It is my website and I can do as I see fit with it. You are here at my pleasure.

vCash
    Coach, Thanks for your site, you've done a great job... Is this site independent from the Western Force club administration? I hope I please you then...so you're saying you do edit content?

Why did you smote your self?

vCash
    Seeing as Tocc has addressed the Redfern stadium stuff I will not drag that out further in a thread that it is not warranted in

Why at this site do the supporters not want to address the key issues which concern the future of this club?

Is it because they see it as disloyal or don’t really want to know?
    How does Firepower concern the future of the Force though? They have been replaced as a sponsor by Volvo, RugbyWA were given permission to help those players who had 3rd party deals through Firepower find other deals. The only one holding out as far as I know is Gits.

We do not see it as disloyal, the club has moved on and so have we

I'm a not an expert on league, I just made an earlier comment that the Rabbitohs built a modern new facility…locally
    Your showing that your not an expert on anything. Actually ducking questions that are fired your way and just restating something that you have already posted earlier. You dont back your views up, even if it is your opinion you pass them off as they are informed views and that we are wrong as seen by your "correcting" everyone with a differing opinion to you

Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    It reaks hypocrisy and i think you just need to see through the bullshit.
    Hypocrisy pays the bills though

vCash
    Yes, TWF is entirely owned and operated by me totally independent from Western Force and RugbyWA.

I often edit posts - usually when I'm in a particularly pedantic mood I may correct spelling/grammar or layout of a post/incorrect use of formatting codes.

I often delete new threads if they are a duplicate of an existing thread. I don't modify content of other peoples posts, but on rare occasions I have deleted posts/threads outright for content which I do not wish to have on TWF - obscene/offensive/unsolicited commercial content. Once or twice (out of over 170,000 posts) I have deleted a post just because it pissed me off.

I smote myself because saying "It is my website and I can do as I see fit with it. You are here at my pleasure." is a really dicky thing to say (which is why I allow people to praise/smite themselves)...

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast