Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: New stadium to be built in Kitchener Park

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    unnamed sauces told me on the weekend that $125m would have brought M.E. stadium up to scratch for both members and corporates

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash

MES Source?

Well if your source is correct, or even if the figure is twice that amount, I think it would be quite possible for rugby/football/league franchises to get together and somehow get that sort of money together!! If we said that the cost to bring MES stadium up to scratch for at least 30000-40000 was 250mil then I would say that would be our best bet. The only thing I guess is that you would need the council to approve this, get the government to improve public transport there and maybe have some parking included somewhere. All of these can be done with a little money on the sly to the right people (that is how governments work isn't it??!!). Maybe I am making this all a little to simple and I don't realise all the fact; which is very likely. I would love to see a true fesability study done on this, would be a great move! Maybe the WF along with the ARU, and maybe football and rugby could at least get that done. Just another idea! Cheers

vCash
    We all need to come to grips with the fact that until Geoff Stooke gets off his rotund pimply one, we're just shooting hot air. Has anybody got an email address we can start forwarding the ideas/complaints to direct so that he can gain an impression of how upset the rugby watching public of WA actually are?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Page 4 of the Sunday Times says that they still have to buy some of the houses. The Homes West houses shouldn't be a problem but the private ones could create a real stink. The Tunday Simes referred to the movie "The Castle"

"Tell 'im he's dreamin"
    Did you also read that legislation will be passed to give the Subiaco Redevelopment Authority the rights to the existing Subi Oval and Kitchener Park precinct??

This will mean they can "resume" those house...no negotiation....resumption, you the owner, don't get a say!

Look at what ius going on with Lords at the moment, it will go eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    unnamed sauces told me on the weekend that $125m would have brought M.E. stadium up to scratch for both members and corporates
    Even if that was $250 million it is easily possible with a united fight from rugby, soccer, league and concert promoters to give us a MES we want.

Now where are thise two Mums that got us a Super 14 franchise???

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash

The dreamer

Well now that it seems the idea of getting rugby/football/league to band together and get MES upgraded is a mutual feeling between WF supporters. I do agree with previous posts that we should forward these ideas to a someone who could do something about this issue, and get the ball rolling.

I have heard very recently that the WF management is still looking into the MES option. The main reason for this is that the new "eye sore" will require a whole stadium of subiaco to be demolished during its construction phase. This being the case I think WF are pushing to get the go ahead to upgrade MES to about 24000 seating and 4000 standing, with corporate updgrade included. I hear that this would be temporary, mainly for the period during the construction phase of the "eye sore".

It is hard to believe that if this temporary upgrade does get the go ahead in the next season or two, that it isn't possible to do a complete upgrade.

Again we should probably try and get this issue raised in a more public areana, and get some people in management of the WF very focused on this obviously very important issue.

I do think the WF is very lucky to have such a fan base that keeps coming back, even though they don't have a real stadium to go and watch their team in.

Cheers. Has a petition been done on this issue at a game in Perth before??

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    Just on the retractable seating....does anyone know exactly how it works? GIGS also said it somewhere but my thoughts have always been that any sort of seating that is placed on the field has got to damage the ground. What happens on a weekend where we have a Force game on Friday and an AFL game on a Sat or Sun?
    Glad you asked - here is the details from the ANZ Stadium website.

To cut a long story short - the 2 Sides of the Stadium are built on a railway track system that allows the lower level of the stand to move forward or back by about 20 metres. This movement takes 15 minutes, but the actual reconfiguration including takes about 8 hours, including laying of turf fitting of walkways etc.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    a point made yesterday.. the AFL will soon let you know if the retractable seating stuffs the turf up, we might find they'll complain about it and stop it happening during the AFL season !!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    What sports can now be played at ANZ Stadium?
    ANZ Stadium can accommodate Rugby Union, Rugby League, Soccer, Australian Football and Cricket. The capacity for Rugby Union, Rugby League and Soccer is 83,500, while Australia Football and Cricket capacities are 82,000.
    Dunno if it a typo but they can fit more in the rectangle than the oval.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
    Excuse me? I don't think this is suitable language for this site!!!!
    Mm well i don't think your appropriate for this site either but you know...it is all about compromise these days Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    To cut a long story short - the 2 Sides of the Stadium are built on a railway track system that allows the lower level of the stand to move forward or back by about 20 metres. This movement takes 15 minutes, but the actual reconfiguration including takes about 8 hours, including laying of turf fitting of walkways etc.
    Mm practical..

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    After watching some of the cricket from Jade Stadium the other day, I realised that it isn't a rectangular stadium. For the benefit of those who occupy seats in the bottom tier of the stand, they are a couple of metres above the playing surface. They are probably no more than 30m from the sideline and with the added height, makes it much better for viewing.

If the retractable seating at Kitchener had this, it could make the viewing better. This won't happen though, as the AFL prefers for you to sit on the boundary line so you can only see half of the ground!

Maybe someone who has been to Jade might be able to comment.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    the retractable seating....does anyone know exactly how it works?
    http://www.majorstadiataskforce.com....3&ObjectID=215

I like the bit about how it both slides and swivels...

vCash
    I have a mate who lives on Roberts Rd directly opposite subi and he's been approached. He told them that until the government checked out playschool and realised the square didn't fit in the circle they could get stuffed

Just on the retractable seating....does anyone know exactly how it works? GIGS also said it somewhere but my thoughts have always been that any sort of seating that is placed on the field has got to damage the ground. What happens on a weekend where we have a Force game on Friday and an AFL game on a Sat or Sun? Surely the practicalities of moving all that seating/the impact on the ground makes this new stadium concept inappropriate if nothing else? Is it possible to construct the seating in such a manner that it doesn't damage the ground? One of my AFL buddies was saying this but i can't see how's it is feasible...
    its not. and as long as the AFL is given priority use to it, i really doubt it will be used apart from at internationals..

its bullshit that they are getting priority use when they aren't paying a cent.
    i think rugby should offer to input money to get it changed to benifit them.
    or even offer to help pay to redevelop subi or mes

vCash
    Posted this to the wrong thread about two hours ago and just noticed it....Sorry!
    Quote Originally Posted by ME!
    Sure as hell hope they've got some corporate types that don't actually want to watch any rugby (Note the view from the second tier when the seats are extended!)

I'm making sure I get in VERY EARLY with a request for seating in the lowest tier (where I'll have to walk about 5 miles for a beer, and take a raincoat to wet matches)

This pipedream looks OK, shame it'll never get used on a weekly basis!

C'mon the

vCash
    Alan Carpenter on the radio about 10 mins ago attempting to sell his stadium. He said how it will be a great thing for footy, footy fans. Crapped on about the dockers, Didnt mention any other sports that might use the stadium

vCash
    No other sport WILL use the stadium Jargs!

C'mon the

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast