Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER HEARTACHE.

vCash
    Neither Wanneroo or Baysie looked particularly good. Wanneroo won in grades 2, 3 & 4 so I think Baysie will struggle this year, especially when they get a few injuries. That said with the way we played today, I can't see us doing any better than we did last year in 1st grade. Highlight of the game was the Baysie 12 attempting a penalty from 65m (no I'm not exaggerating!) - he slipped and the ball traveled 12m

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Perth bayswaters injury list is already quite high so I think in the coming weeks they will only improve as they get some more experienced players back on the field
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Wanneroo's new winger who's wife left him for Jonah Lomu
    Word is he played at Soaks who offered him $5000. I hear there may be a big problem though as he signed a contract with Wanneroo. Trouble brewing on the horizon?

vCash
    Jarek Goebel - yes he signed a contract with Wanneroo, but left when a certain Wanneroo player - who frequents this forum - stole his missus. History repeating itself!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    like sands through the hour glass

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Jarek Goebel - yes he signed a contract with Wanneroo, but left when a certain Wanneroo player - who frequents this forum - stole his missus. History repeating itself!
    Jonah Lomu plays for Wanneroo, or was he the bloke who stole her of Jonah after he stole her from him? - Gotta love a little local league incest (sorry I meant intrigue).

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wests v Palmyra was a great game. Hayward from Wests chopped off Palmyra's most dangerous back, but he in turn was closed out of the game by Palmyra's no 7 Shaun Stapleton.

Selesi played well for Paly, but his replacement Connor Higgins was equally as effective.

Pally was robbed of a dead set penalty try when the referree chose to ignore two off the side infringements, but made up for it by awarding Paly a penalty at the death knock from a seemingly impossible position from which their no.10 Sam Jurisich kicked the winning points on the death knock.

On the strength of the Force performance this week, I don't think any side will have Force contracted players next weekend, which will only stuff Cottesloe.

Champion
    vCash
    Gotta love a little local league incest
    Switched codes as well as wives ?

Champion
    vCash
    At the risk of sidetracking things here did anyone take note of some of these results.

Under 20's: Associates 83 bt Nedlands 5, Cottesloe 27 bt UWA 12, Wanneroo 57 bt Perth Bayswater 11.
    Under 18's: Mandurah 34 bt UWA 13, Palmyra 44 bt Wests Scarborough 12, Perth Bayswater 25 bt Wanneroo 24, Kalamunda 25 bt Rockingham 0, Joondalup 34 bt Southern Lions 15.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Selesi played well for Paly, but his replacement Connor Higgins was equally as effective.
    The game changed when he came on,only aged 23 and played 2 seasons for Ireland 20's very good scrummager. not even in force A.What do the selectors look at when picking these teams because in my opinion he is twice the player Selesi is

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Yes, I noted that, Wholetruth.

So, according to competition rules, only Wanneroo, Perth, Associates, Nedlands, Cottesloe, UWA and Palmyra, who had the official bye, were eligble to play in this weeks fixtures?

vCash
    Kala v Rocky.

Kala controlled a lot of the first half of the game but kept missing penalty kicks early and got a case of the greedies in attack costing at least two more first half tries. Rocky put their two best players from the trial game 2 weeks ago in new positions (10 to 15 and 12 to 14) which robbed their backline of any of the dynamic it had in the trial. Rockys main plan was then to try and pick and drive everything which in such heat was just sapping themselves of energy which killed their attack. Two strange tactics by Rocky which backfired. Halftime score was 15 - 0 Kala.
    Second half was much the same with Kala holding good territory and possession but lacking match sharpness to put a bigger score on the board. Rockys try was a carbon copy of the Cheetahs toe ahead try. Kala were able to add 3 second half tries to earn the bonus point with one a very generous penalty try awarded when Razor was tripped by a Rocky player 25m out chasing a toe ahead he set up with a decisive 30m run.

There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The game changed when he came on,only aged 23 and played 2 seasons for Ireland 20's very good scrummager. not even in force A.What do the selectors look at when picking these teams because in my opinion he is twice the player Selesi is
    So little time so much to say,yes 23is an ok scrumager, but you are comparing different body shapes and the Coaching they have received
    Australia rugby looks for different things in front rowers than nz sa uk, etc, westieman from your days in Dunedin and nz rugby prop do your jobs scrum lift hit and clean.
    23 dose one of those,selesie two of those very well. 23 because of poor ball carry and clean led to 6 of the 19 points yes after several phases but still review back to the his actions. And Yes after 3 or phase from his scrum with a Line out in there led to the penitle to win the game.
    Selesie adds more to the game fixe his scrum tech not to hard to fix I might add and he will be a weapon.
    If I was pally I would be disappoint with the structal dominates they had and did not execution the kill and end the game.
    If I was west I would be concerned about the size they have added but still relied on broken field play unable to impose a game plan on a smaller team.
    But only early for both clubs, the worry is cott.
    On a side note the big question was where is pierre Roberts for west, word on the street fishing in shark bay considering and offer to go back to Perth bays water
    Just a broke down front rowers point of view.
    One more side note, WA rugby don't pay anyone players coaches make them earn it before they get payed saw more passion in club land today than I've seen in the force for the last three years"......

Last edited by SBW; 07-04-13 at 23:30.

Apprentice
    vCash
    And on another side go baysie well done.
    But still going to be a long long year.
    In the top four yeah

Champion
    vCash
    So, according to competition rules, only Wanneroo, Perth, Associates, Nedlands, Cottesloe, UWA and Palmyra, who had the official bye, were eligble to play in this weeks fixtures?
    That wasn't actually what I was thinking Fulvio but yes you are correct I believe.
    I was actually trying to highlight which sides seem to be bringing good juniors through the ranks.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast