Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sydnet Fleet -v- Perth Spirit LIVE

vCash
    Cya bails, good we could help you out mate, pity about the results though

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    given we seem to get bigger crows in perth... even in the rain.. abc could at least put in on here!! even delayed..

and we have top stop roasting the ref. we should be able to win badly reffed games...

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    The ref was shite but we should of never let the Fleet back into the game.
    We had them on toast and really missed nailing them early on.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment

and we have top stop roasting the ref. we should be able to win badly reffed games...
    True but we have to give credit to the boys because they did give it there all in a game where nothing went our way.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well, my take on things for what they are worth.
    The first quarter of the match the Spirit were on fire and if we had kept 15 men on the field I doubt the Fleet could have gotten back in the game.
    I think the Ref actually had a pretty decent match in all aspects other than the penalties.
    The forward passes were forward, the knock ons were knock ons (except for one I can think of) and the calls from touch were generally correct.
    HOWEVER!!!
    Hilgers was admittedly late but it was totally milked by De Bartolo and both players knew it. Certainly a Penalty, hardly a YC.
    Browns first YC was borderline at best, he was a part of the tackle. His second was an absolute joke, getting called for a punch with an open hand.
    Brownie was in disbelief when he reached the sideline.
    The Cummins YC was a total disgrace, Cummins was totally committed to the ball and from a perfect front on replay you can see that not even his eyes drop on contact.
    Hennas had a blinder despite being crueled by the Ref all day at the scrum base.
    The fact that the Spirit got as close as they did with 13-14 men for most of the match is quite remarkable.
    Added to that the Tilse try was VERY suss, not just for probably short but also for his continued wriggling which to me was double movement territory.
    In the first half the Spirit's skills were quite remarkable and it didn't really drop off too much into the second half.
    The knowledge and resultant game plan from the Fleet from many having already played the ELV's was quite noticeable with some excellent continuity from passing in the tackle.
    There was some great signs across the team for Perth but we really have to tighten up on the discipline, and that's not re the YC's, if we are to pull ourselves out of the basement.
    Any more and I think I will start to swear

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment
    Badly Reffed, yes.
    Reffed out by having less players, no.
    15 players v 13-14 players for 30-40 minutes is a bridge too far for any team in elite Rugby.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    thats very dissapointing i dont think i will watch it on sunday.. will be too frustrating!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Well, my take on things for what they are worth.
    The first quarter of the match the Spirit were on fire and if we had kept 15 men on the field I doubt the Fleet could have gotten back in the game.
    I think the Ref actually had a pretty decent match in all aspects other than the penalties.
    The forward passes were forward, the knock ons were knock ons (except for one I can think of) and the calls from touch were generally correct.
    HOWEVER!!!
    Hilgers was admittedly late but it was totally milked by De Bartolo and both players knew it. Certainly a Penalty, hardly a YC.
    Browns first YC was borderline at best, he was a part of the tackle. His second was an absolute joke, getting called for a punch with an open hand.
    Brownie was in disbelief when he reached the sideline.
    The Cummins YC was a total disgrace, Cummins was totally committed to the ball and from a perfect front on replay you can see that not even his eyes drop on contact.
    Hennas had a blinder despite being crueled by the Ref all day at the scrum base.
    The fact that the Spirit got as close as they did with 13-14 men for most of the match is quite remarkable.
    Added to that the Tilse try was VERY suss, not just for probably short but also for his continued wriggling which to me was double movement territory.
    In the first half the Spirit's skills were quite remarkable and it didn't really drop off too much into the second half.
    The knowledge and resultant game plan from the Fleet from many having already played the ELV's was quite noticeable with some excellent continuity from passing in the tackle.
    There was some great signs across the team for Perth but we really have to tighten up on the discipline, and that's not re the YC's, if we are to pull ourselves out of the basement.
    Any more and I think I will start to swear
    IF WE THE SPIRIT DON'T HAVE AN APPEAL AVENUE FOR A REMATCH (BASED ON UNFAIR CARDS) - THEN THIS CHAMPIONSHIP IS "IN SERIOUS TROUBLE"

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    is the raplay worth watching???

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Depends on your supporter type jargan.
    If you are going to get too pissed off at the Ref to see the good stuff they did then don't bother
    I reckon there was some great work by the Spirit and you probably should watch the first half at least.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    bugger...

I cant watch the live streaming from the ABC...

Let the force go in 2009

vCash
    I know they say the ref can't decide a game, you should be able to win a badly reffed game, that goes out the window when you send people off on at least 4 occasions for NOTHING... The only thing card worthy was a late hit but it was marginal at best.

The Spirit were freaking on fire early with two quick tries right in front of us (Junior's try being credited to Sheps for the duration for some reason). Sheps missed a few kicks which would have been vital down the stretch and it's always unfortunate to let in a try on half time. As burgs said, going so many minutes without 15 players (and down to 13 at one stage), you're not gonna have much of a chance.

As I said, the WORST display of reffing I've ever seen, not even close to kidding.

P.S. I was so impressed with Henjak, I know I give him crap sometimes but he's been leading the team very well and he always seems to be willing to put his body on the line.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice stuff Sage
    Word c/o Gerry was that after the match the Spirit did themselves proud.
    While the Fleet players pretty much disappeared straight after the formalities, the Spirit showed great character in staying out to talk with the crowd who stayed behind.
    I'm told that to a man they all apologised for the loss.
    They were most impressed with those who continue to travel around the globe to watch our two teams and are starting to recognise a few.
    Sage's second last sentence above is a pretty fair summation on their opinion of the days Ref, though far be it for me to put words in their mouths
    Hope that covers it all Gerry?
    I'm sure you'll update us further when you get home.
    Also plenty of photo's taken I'm told so look forward to that.
    Fantastic to hear that "our boys" are being great ambassadors for Rugby and Western Australia, even in the face of a hard defeat

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash

vCash
    X has the good pics, but above and below are two of mine. Basically showing off the joys of being t the rugby.

P.S. Yes they are bummblebee ears.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast