Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheika says no to Force

vCash
    So yesterday I sent Rugby WA an email simply asking "WTF IS GOING ON!".

To my surprise last night at about 7pm I received a phone call from someone in the membership office. He said he was spending the night making contact to members who has emailed or rang in yesterday and just wanted to have a chat about any concerns we may have.

He just wanted to let me know that everything that was written in the media is all here say and nothing has come out of the Force offices. He said that they had hoped to have an announcement when the players got back but that has been pushed back a little bit.

He assured me that they are still in talks with coaching candidates but couldnt say who they where.( he did slip up a bit and mentioned Cheikas name a few times) He said that at present they where 1 day behind were they wanted to be eg naming a coach (now 2 days I guess) but they should be in a position very very soon.

He did say that their hands are tied a bit with what they can say because of restrictions placed on them from the ARU. He brought up what happened with Genia and how it was announced before everything had been completed and how in fact the reds had been made to explain themselves to the ARU but because the issue was a he said she said nothing could be done in way of sanctions or fines, but strongly denied any leak or announcement from any Force officials.

It was frustrating that he couldn’t say much and you can understand why, but what was good was getting a perspective from the force (maybe just this one guy but it’s a start) that they care about us the supporters so much so that he was staying back to make contact with some of us. This makes me feel a little better that there are actually people at RWA that care about the future of the force.

So I guess nothing new learnt but a bit of hope gained from my behalf.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by GAFFA; 17-07-12 at 10:09.
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Good effort. Certainly more productive than some of the hysteria around for the past couple of days. Only worry about things you can control is good advice. Hope the skipper is patient too.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good effort. Certainly more productive than some of the hysteria around for the past couple of days. Only worry about things you can control is good advice. Hope the skipper is patient too.
    Well he did say that David is fully aware of what is going on and is supportive of it all. Also that David is a very smart Buisness man and that will play a bit part on his decision.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    It's a shame the Force (or RWA) can't put out a statement such as: "The SMH, etc, articles are not correct - negotiations are ongoing and awaiting ARU sanction." I know a non-story doesn't catch the public's imagination like a nice juicy crisis story, but the Eastern states papers have had repeated days of Force bashing with not a peep out of the Force PR. At the very least, the West could print the statement and the wiser heads out East might take note.

Player
    vCash
    Absolutely agree with Sheikh. RWA is always getting sand kicked in their face. A simple statement that they are aware of the media speculation but negotiations are ongoing would suffice. Having silence in the face of the rumours indicates they are trying hard to salvage a bad situation.

vCash
    They just have to use a bit of sense. As you guys have just said.
    By doing and saying nothing they are feeding the fire.
    My doubts about the management of RWA has not improved with their handling of this.
    I have serious doubts about their abilities.

May the FORCE be with you!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    They just have to use a bit of sense. As you guys have just said.
    By doing and saying nothing they are feeding the fire.
    My doubts about the management of RWA has not improved with their handling of this.
    I have serious doubts about their abilities.
    Snob - Can you just stop and think for a moment that the only flame they are feeding is yours.

The journalists of both coasts are doing what journalists do - selling newspapers - or selling adspace on websites by encouraging people to read their journalistic endeavours.

At no time in the last week has RugbyWA put out a press release or had their CEO, Rugby Manager, Media Relations Manager or the tea lady have sat in the same room as a journalist to give them a quote for their stories.

RugbyWA has said that they will make an announcement once they have finalised their process and someone signs a contract.

Anything else written by someone else is speculation and should be treated with contempt.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    My hearty congratulations to RugbyWA on another clusterfuck. Any danger we could actually resemble a professional sporting organisation. I'm surprised my membership card actually arrives safely in the mail.
    Sometimes that can take awhile...

.I am just waiting to see when the Awards Night tickets get sent out ...last year they arrived the day of the Awards...thank goodness it was a Friday...this year it's Saturday night, and there's no post on a Saturday...they have our money in stacks of time..so let's hope..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Snob - Can you just stop and think for a moment that the only flame they are feeding is yours.
    Exile, there are times when a well placed, carefully worded email or a press release would have shut up both the press and me.
    After announcing a statement would be made last week and then saying and doing nothing when the time has passed just hasn't helped.
    Even the ARU couldn't do any thing if RWA had said "Negotiations are continuing".

vCash
    While I agree that RWA can't release a statement every time an Eastern states paper writes a derogatory article about the Force, considering they have announced that there would be an announcement, if negotiations have stalled, or they are waiting for the ARU, or whatever, they should have released a statement along the lines of: "Sorry, announcement will be delayed due to ... We will let you know when anything changes."

That would be sufficient, I suspect, to keep most of us happy that Growden, etc, are enunciating bovine excrement.

Rookie
    vCash
    Exile, there are times when a well placed, carefully worded email or a press release would have shut up both the press and me.
    After announcing a statement would be made last week and then saying and doing nothing when the time has passed just hasn't helped.
    Even the ARU couldn't do any thing if RWA had said "Negotiations are continuing".
    As long as pocock has been kept in the loop who gives a rats. It's not like we're going to decide not to renew before the renewal packs come out. If you're stressing out (understandably) give the club a call or email and have a chat. Doesn't look like there's much news yet though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It's a shame the Force (or RWA) can't put out a statement such as: "The SMH, etc, articles are not correct - negotiations are ongoing and awaiting ARU sanction." I know a non-story doesn't catch the public's imagination like a nice juicy crisis story, but the Eastern states papers have had repeated days of Force bashing with not a peep out of the Force PR. At the very least, the West could print the statement and the wiser heads out East might take note.
    Well said Sheikh! That is exactly what I was trying to get them to do yesterday when messaging them on Twitter!

I am really pleased with what Giggs has said about them phoning members who have contacted them. I think it's great that they have done that.

Maybe a standard, reassuring email to every member would also be a good idea! That would definitely show they do care about their members. It may also cut down on the number of us contacting them for news!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
    As long as pocock has been kept in the loop who gives a rats. It's not like we're going to decide not to renew before the renewal packs come out. If you're stressing out (understandably) give the club a call or email and have a chat. Doesn't look like there's much news yet though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Don't worry I will be renewing anyway whatever happens.
    I'll never learn!

vCash
    Don't worry I will be renewing anyway whatever happens.
    I'll never learn!
    I'd have to seriously question renewing if they appoint Foley.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Once they make a decision, all the bullsh1t is yesterdays fish and chip paper

People like certainty

make a decision and move forward

Procrastination is the rocket fuel for discontent

dead set

Controversy corner

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast