Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Mid season 1st grade review

vCash
    [QUOTE=sevenmile;381303]
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyRef View Post
    This report is absolutely disgraceful. And I am sure will be cited as abuse.

Have you read the criticism on this web site in relation to Nigel Owens and I bet he is not crying you sook
    You are not a protected species peoples opinions are there opinions just like your decisions are your decisions so when someone has an opinion you don't like it's the same as a decision you have made on the field the players live with it wrong or right

When clubs complain to rugby wa about refs they are told you are a separate entity and have no bearing or power to influence the refs or the association so now you want to hide behind them when it suits so suck it up and get on with it
    We need to pay refs more money to get
    Hi, Sevenmile. You might not be familiar with the forward section of the Law book. It contains the Playing Charter, which includes sections on the Principles of the Game, the Principles of the Laws and such esoteric topics as the Spirit of the Game. I thought I might highlight them for you and in particular draw your attention to the following useful picture from the Playing Charter.
    Attachment 3010
    By the way, not wishing to be an anonymous keyboard warrior, I am Brendan Fitzgerald and for my sins I am currently President of the Referees Association. I am on here to support my Referees, who all do their best with honest endeavour. We need more people to recognise that and live up to the IRB Playing Charter. I would be happy to meet and talk with anyone who has any issues with any of our Referees.

Cheers, Brendan.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If every journey begins with a single step, why does every signature begin with a statement of self-satisfied one-upmanship?
    George Bush disparaging the French: "The French don't even have a word for 'entrepeneur'!!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MLCrisis View Post
    I am on here to support my Referees, who all do their best with honest endeavour. We need more people to recognise that and live up to the IRB Playing Charter. I would be happy to meet and talk with anyone who has any issues with any of our Referees.
    Cheers, Brendan.
    I am also happy to support John for his dedication to rugby in WA for over 20 years as one of our top referees.

NTT, I am afraid your post is factually incorrect, at best, and slanderous at worst. Nothing is proven by "controversy" based on tittle tattle, with no objective observations. You can lambast people from behind the anonymity of your keyboard, but you need to have a read of the Playing Charter and consider your own role in the game. I hope the moderators delete your post, because it is shameful.

Cheers, Brendan.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    If every journey begins with a single step, why does every signature begin with a statement of self-satisfied one-upmanship?
    George Bush disparaging the French: "The French don't even have a word for 'entrepeneur'!!"

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    notice that PB have altered their match report-a wise move

Player
    vCash
    NTT your a dickhead. Its not a good look for the club how about you get removed from The Kalamunda club

Rookie
    vCash
    John Hill is John Hill , he has his good days and his bad just like everyone else in the rugby world . He keeps fronting up though and i know he puts time in with others to help them out

NTT you need to chill a bit and pull your head in having a crack like that doesn't do anything for anyone other than make you feel better

maybe you should consider changing your motif of the Kala LOGO . Talk about putting your club in the deep end with the refs association you just pissed off the President !

Red Carded
    vCash
    [QUOTE=MLCrisis;381343]
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post

Hi, Sevenmile. You might not be familiar with the forward section of the Law book. It contains the Playing Charter, which includes sections on the Principles of the Game, the Principles of the Laws and such esoteric topics as the Spirit of the Game. I thought I might highlight them for you and in particular draw your attention to the following useful picture from the Playing Charter.
    Attachment 3010
    By the way, not wishing to be an anonymous keyboard warrior, I am Brendan Fitzgerald and for my sins I am currently President of the Referees Association. I am on here to support my Referees, who all do their best with honest endeavour. We need more people to recognise that and live up to the IRB Playing Charter. I would be happy to meet and talk with anyone who has any issues with any of our Referees.

Cheers, Brendan.
    Good on you Brendan
    I don't know what these prem clubs are complaining about they should see what you send to championship division each week
    That's if they show up at all
    Have to hide behind my keyboard as you lot can be very vindictive
    Good to see you come out from behind your keyboard just like Lyndon bray came out and he would have no problem demoting rubbish to where they belong

vCash
    Hmmm

Pretty sure Brendan is not coming out like Lyndon did

...or are you?

vCash
    what website have I clicked onto?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    No probs. A couple of comments though:
    I had the cards out of my pocket on 5 occasions before that "last" minute. I then had them out again during that bit. I'd have thought 1 red and 5 yellows in one game (or 4 yellows up until the dying moments) would be considered too many by a lot of people.
    This is something that interests me (and only me, I think). Apart from your judgement is there a number of cards that is/are too many, unless there is some sort of forfeit/danger provision. I'm confused (add comments), did you stop carding because Baysie wanted to play on, and you wanted them to have the advantage, or because you felt you had given out too many cards?.

vCash
    Attachment 3015

I love you NTT - Your friend John.

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NTT View Post
    Get rid of John Hill, problem solved. He has refereed Kalamunda twice this year and has shown through his refereeing and handling of these games to 1: have zero man management skills
    2: zero control over his personal feelings to the kalamunda club and
    3: zero control over his own ego.
    Even the ARU stated he needed to be removed from refereeing altogether (this is not the first time the ARU has stated this either) due to his incredibly poor handling of numerous games. To see him named to referee cott v baysie after thw controversy caused by this egotistical man was incredibly sad and a dark day for Rugby in WA. This has been proven by the controversy surrounding the result.

Anyone who has been involved in WA rugby for more than 5 years will have multiple stories of this man dragging the game into a disreputable state over and over again. The people who allow this man to continue this behaviour (The referee association) should be rightfully ashamed.
    Hope you read Brendon's code of conduct before you wrote this NTT
    I'm sure it says you have written what everyone's thinking good onya

vCash
    Geez Westies,what have you started here?

Champion
    vCash
    I think the personal attacks on a man who has put countless man hours in over the years is a fucken disgrace.John Hill has refereed me personally more than the rest of you guys put together and actually sent me off in a final years ago for referee abuse.
    I'm not whinging because I deserved it, I haven't always been this mellow likeable laidback type.
    There seems to be a real anti John Hill thing from one or two guy's that should know better because I've witnessed first hand the huge amount of work you put into local rugby NTT and would have thought you would show some respect to a fellow rugby man who does the same.
    John doesn't always get it right but I think he has really come on in the last 5 or 6 seasons and I would put him in the top 3 or 4 refs.
    We have had a ref this season who I think has cost us 9 comp points but I tell them what I think after the game and wouldn't bag a ref out in a public forum.
    The difference between a ref having a good game and a shocker is totally reliant on who win's and which team you support.
    Local metro rugby has taken a big enough hit as it is this season and all those involved need to work bloody hard together to get it back on track and post's like yours NTT aren't helping the big picture.
    Snazzy bow tie in your Avatar Brendan
    PS I thought some of your previous posts were quite funny Seven Mile ,how bout you keep it like that

Last edited by westies man; 09-06-14 at 20:09.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    This is something that interests me (and only me, I think). Apart from your judgement is there a number of cards that is/are too many, unless there is some sort of forfeit/danger provision. I'm confused (add comments), did you stop carding because Baysie wanted to play on, and you wanted them to have the advantage, or because you felt you had given out too many cards?.
    Maybe you should quote in entirety.

I didn't say I stopped carding because I thought there had been too many already. I didn't stop carding as it happened. You will recall there was one last yellow card in the last minute of the game.

Surely you'd agree that some people would think that 6 cards in the one match is too many?

vCash
    Ecky, six cards in a match is too many, but who is the cause of the issue?

I accept that it MIGHT have been you....dunno, maybe someone shit in your cornflakes and you came to the game in a bad mood. Threw a card at the first poor sucker who pissed you off and set a standard that was hard to match, but really, even if you were a complete ass in the management of the game, the teams getting carded would surely have SOME responsibility to change their behaviour AT LEAST enough to stop grumpy Ecky sending them to the naughty chair.

That is (of course) assuming you were consistently applying a standard. But surely that is the only thing any genuine rugby player or fan demands of a ref. if you were completely inconsistent and players didn't have a clue what they were going to get hammered for, or if you binned one team for stuff you were letting the other team off for, then the responsibility probably would fall pretty much on your shoulders, but how many refs who commit such a ridiculous offense actually line up the next week?

C'mon the

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast