Thread: The Henjak/Sare Saga

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    didnt notice!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Congrats, BDGF.

No, I was referring to the much talked about title bout betwween Jehna the Giant and Anti the Annihilator, which I understood was scheduled for yesterday.

Don't tell me they both backed off? Pity. Many of us were looking foward to the cuppa and chat which was to follow.

vCash
    were they both at JB's?

(am i ruining the joke by asking questions?)

I made Happy sad...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    No, Jess, you and I are really asking the same question!
    Look at Antiussentiment's and Jehna's posts at14.33 on page 2 of this thread and you'll get the intended Joke.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I didn't catch that one either FS.

I was however in Jb's last night and didn't see any swinging handbags. Although Jehna being a bloke I guess it would have been swinging bum bags....apparently the latest bikie apparel too.

Just happy to be here

vCash

eeeek...

Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I was however in Jb's last night and didn't see any swinging handbags. Although Jehna being a bloke I guess it would have been swinging bum bags....apparently the latest bikie apparel too.
    and i do have a man bag too... **looks sheepish**

but no.. i ran away with my tail between my legs..

auss.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    oh I know those 2 have some beef but just wasn't sure if they'd faced off face to face or if I'd missed something.

I'd be careful if I were you aus! She/he kicked Force1's butt... she knows how to argue a point! Looks like she's in the right profession.

I made Happy sad...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Time for Henjack to find a new hairdresser perhaps.
    Maybe he'll join the army to learn some discipline hey Chook? The only hairdresser he'll need is the old number 1. Bzzzzzzzz.

vCash
    I hope im looking at this from a neutral view, but i somehow think that Henjak may be the scapegoat for this incident, made even easier with his bad track record. Logically, one would think that with his sights so firmly fixed on being in a wallabies jumper again, he would be keen to stick to the script and just be good. Maybe Haig Sare said something bad about Henjak's girlfriend or mum or something, (or maybe Sare did a Wayne Carey?!) and provoked Henjak. Though this doesn't justify him breaking Sare's jaw, i'm sure something must have got Henjak mad enough to break Sare's jaw. Maybe Sare just has a weak jaw in him, he needs to harden the eff up.

And i'm sure for most of you guys who have met Henjak before or chatted with him would vouch that he genuinely is a good bloke. I see him very often at Scarborough or at the OBH and he is always happy to chat with everyone and just mingle with the fans and supporters. I havent met Sare before, but i get the impression that he isnt that popular with the teammates as Henjak is.

I'm not saying henjak is an angel or not at fault, but i think the media has just been really unfair in portraying him as the main culprit and instigator, since Sare could use the whole sympathy vote of losing his spot on the touring team. I'm doing my last year of journalism studies and from a journalist's perspective, we'll milk the story to make it make headlines and turn heads, even though it may be totally opposite. If Henjak really is proven to be innocent, i'll be more than happy to do a Rudd and apologise for thinking otherwise.

But let's look on the brighter side, at least we had a good shwoing of a star in the making in Nick Cummins who prob was one of the best onfield for the Force. What a Step this lad has.
    And another brighter note, at least Henjak didnt hit Matt Giteau/Cam Shepherd or Drew Mitchell. fair choice in Haig Sare, but maybe should have got someone who is already injured so we dont lose out.

vCash
    yeah thats something i have been thinking about.
    what went on to put henjack in a situation where he was willing to jeporaise his wallabies selection, which i think was pretty much a guarentee provided he had a consistent season with what we were seeing last year.
    and last night he played a bloody awsome game.

as many of us have said all along. there is way more to this story than meets the eye.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gotheforce View Post
    If Henjak really is proven to be innocent, i'll be more than happy to do a Rudd and apologise for thinking otherwise.
    Finally someone who read my question and hopefully swung this thread back on topic

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    What I want to know is a definition of the word innocent in this context. Its almost 100% certain that Haig Sare's jaw was broken due to a punch from Henjak. Sare is not exactly a saint but he is certainly not exactly some crazed lunatic either. Regardless of who threw the first punches, Henjak should have known a lot better than let a bit of disagreement and push and shove go any further. I think the only way that this could possibly end with Henjak's reputation not completely in the toilet would be if it turned out that he said to Sare, "Haig, I am a changed man and I don't want to fight you I think we should both just cool off" and was attacked when his back was turned as he tried to leave and broke Sare's jaw in the act of trying to struggle free. Now what are the chances of that?

vCash
    Slim James, very slim...It's obvious that Henners is trying to be a reformed man but he has anger management issues (nobody can deny that he's been an angry little man in the past) but really, I think innocence might be a little easier for him to access than the difficult path you have asked him to walk. I reckon if a verbal stoush has begun, and Henners says Back off Haig, Followed by a couple of punches from Sare and one or two from Henners to fight him off, I'd call that innocence enough to keep him on the payroll....sure maybe on the bench for a couple of games, (particularly if drunk, they surely would have been under match preparation rules by Sunday) but not sacked!

C'mon the

vCash
    and forced to take classes, and perhaps community service.
    its already been said, but if we get rid of him, hes going to be picked up by another club and its going to bite us in the arse.

vCash
    Obviously there is an underlying issue and I hope that that's sorted out between the players and if they have issues of their own sort them out, or it could happen again!

Anda has anyone else thought how good of mates Henjak and Giteau are?? If Henjak goes...

Last edited by laura; 17-02-08 at 12:01.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast