Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: The game's almost up for Firepower

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Who's the biggest sponsor of NSW rugby (apart of course from the ARU who has kept them in the manner in which they have insisted on being accustomed for years)?
    HSBC isn't it? HQ is in the UK and they are going through a major credit crunch.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    HSBC isn't it? HQ is in the UK and they are going through a major credit crunch.
    i dont see how a team losing its principle sponsor is good for the sport at all in australia..

at least with Virgin Blue and Firepower they were only sleeve sponsors and not the main sponsors.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i dont see how a team losing its principle sponsor is good for the sport at all in australia..
    It'd probably just mean they will get even more handouts from the ARU....

vCash
    Do they have to hand in their sleeves when the sponsorship goes? That seems a shame. The jerseys will look a bit AFL then.

Why don't all the big mining groups get onboard and sponsor the teams sleeves? They are cashed up. Or some dudes from China?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Who's the biggest sponsor of NSW rugby (apart of course from the ARU who has kept them in the manner in which they have insisted on being accustomed for years)?
    Vodafone topped up Lote to make him the highest PAID Australian rugby player.

HSBC are the major sponsor, and while they maintain offices in London and Sydney I'm pretty sure they're based in Hong Kong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    some sort of bridge then?
    Woosh!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Do they have to hand in their sleeves when the sponsorship goes? That seems a shame. The jerseys will look a bit AFL then.
    They could make jerseys with brassards, then it would only take seconds to change sponsors

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Just to clear up a point regarding the insolvency of a company - if a company beomes insolvent their is a priority of creditors - secured creditors (banks if they have security over the assets) get the first call on funds, second is the tax office, third is unsecured creditors. Contractual obligations of a company rank as an unsecured creditor - they same as the phone bill.

So if Firepower was to go into liquidation - the payments due to the force payers would rank equally with the other unsecured creditors of the company - ie last

It should be noted howver that there has been no suggestion that Firepower is going under - in whihc case they will have to meet their current commitments, unless they agree a comprimise with those creditors.

Jasper

vCash
    Anyone see Andrew Symonds shirt get ripped in the WI during the test? They showed it on The Back Page on Tuesday. The current sponsor logo came off and last year's was underneath. Now that's cost cutting! Things must be tough at the ACB.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    haha thats gold

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Funny, when you succeed I imagine Queensland will want all their players back... and since they'd no longer qualify for the Wallabies
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Wasn't Queensland going to succeed with us?
    Actually no one will be succeeding...they secede...

Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    at least with Virgin Blue and Firepower they were only sleeve sponsors and not the main sponsors.
    I don't see how it's bad TOCC. It happens all time. It's part of the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Just to clear up a point regarding the insolvency of a company - if a company beomes insolvent their is a priority of creditors - secured creditors (banks if they have security over the assets) get the first call on funds, second is the tax office, third is unsecured creditors. Contractual obligations of a company rank as an unsecured creditor - they same as the phone bill.

So if Firepower was to go into liquidation - the payments due to the force payers would rank equally with the other unsecured creditors of the company - ie last

It should be noted howver that there has been no suggestion that Firepower is going under - in whihc case they will have to meet their current commitments, unless they agree a comprimise with those creditors.
    Very true to an extent Jasper except that contractual obligations can equate with secured creditors depending on the terms and conditions of the contracts. They aren't the same as a phone bill. Technically, a secured loan with the bank is also a contract for financial obligations so you're generalising quite a bit to equate all contractual oblications with your everyday phone bill.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its not my area of expertise - but I thought the first responsibility for a Company going in to Liquidation is the Australian Tax Office

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

vCash
    I love it when chicks know stuff, its kinda chookerotic

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Apprentice
    vCash

Apprentice
    vCash
    from the above article......

From the very neutral Michael Pascoe... Wake up Force!!

"Ditto the Western Force which has relied on millions of perhaps ill-gotten Firepower dollars to buy and keep its star players – players who now don’t seem to be getting their Firepower money.

If a company stinks and you willingly take their money and wear their logo, you stink too. That apparently didn’t concern the Western Force administration or, for that matter, the ARU, NBL, NRL and the many other recipients of the extraordinary amounts of sponsorship money being splashed around by Firepower boss Tim Johnston".

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast