Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Other games this weekend

vCash
    When will QRU wake up to the fact that RG is not only stuffing up Q rugby but Au rugby as a whole!
    Get rid of him for the sake of Australian rugby now!
    He has proved his worth!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Please, please, please let him shift back overseas!!
    or be buried in a carpark.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    When will QRU wake up to the fact that RG is not only stuffing up Q rugby but Au rugby as a whole!
    Get rid of him for the sake of Australian rugby now!
    He has proved his worth!
    To a certain extent the QRU board deserve this, they have been underhanded and mercenary at every turn, it all started in the leadup to 2011 when they bought everybody they wanted, to hell with the cost and who else they stuffed around.

It has continued unabated to this day. The long list of players who have done the dirty on Aus rugby in some way but still thrive in Queensland is massive and continues to this day.

I say let 'em suffer!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    Is it wrong to smile at Qld's misfortune?
    In a World Cup year, yes

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Based upon performance Jono, they have few contenders for the Gold jersey.

O'Connor seems to be playing exactly as he did when he left, regardless of where he receives the ball, he runs it away from support into contact and puts pressure on his own team to clean out.
    Hunt won't have had enough rugby to prove himself worthy
    Their pack has just been bullied by the Lions, Horwill is finished, Simmons is a never was
    Quade did well last night, shit that boy has good hands, if it weren't for him i dont think the Reds would have scored at all.
    Turner was OK, but there are so many outside back options he'll be lost in the stampede.

Qld are weak generally and (whilst we want all Aussie teams to be strong to build a strong Wallabies) this year is too late.

I have similar concerns for the Force, but we are travelling slightly better. I expect a lot of Tahs and Brumbies in the team with some stand outs from the other three franchises.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    or be buried in a carpark.

King Richard 1V ?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    both of them have been dug up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    both of them have been dug up
    Maybe. But I'd bet London to a brick that only one will get a dignified farewell.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

I have similar concerns for the Force, but we are travelling slightly better.
    Yep. Was nice to see the knobs at Rugby HQ acknowledge that and do a short analysis about how the attacking dynamic is changed by playing Godwin in position. I had given up watching and was recording to skim thru all the sycophantiic bullshit a couple days later. Maybe I'll give them another chance now. Jo's e mail bombing might be getting some response.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quade did well last night, shit that boy has good hands, if it weren't for him i dont think the Reds would have scored at all.
    But, what was it with him trying decapitate every player he tried to tackle............I know he's tried his hand at boxing, but if he tries that too often, he's going to end up getting thumped.....!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    But, what was it with him trying decapitate every player he tried to tackle............I know he's tried his hand at boxing, but if he tries that too often, he's going to end up getting thumped.....!
    How did he get away with those high flinging tackles? Looked like dangerous play to me and he never got pulled up on it. Genia still runs 50m across field before he passes-looks like he still hasn't learnt. The muppets kept saying he didn't have any outside runners, but he cuts out 2 players before he eventually gets around to doing something, that and he's bloody box kicks (he should get together with Sias)

vCash
    To a certain extent the QRU board deserve this, they have been underhanded and mercenary at every turn, it all started in the leadup to 2011 when they bought everybody they wanted, to hell with the cost and who else they stuffed around.

It has continued unabated to this day. The long list of players who have done the dirty on Aus rugby in some way but still thrive in Queensland is massive and continues to this day.

I say let 'em suffer!
    Hang onto him at least until the Force game! Have also read news that Brad Thorn may be joining Reds in Player/coaching role. WTF!!?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hang onto him at least until the Force game! Have also read news that Brad Thorn may be joining Reds in Player/coaching role. WTF!!?
    Well he is a Briwi

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash

Kaplan slams Crusaders illegal scrum

by Brenden Nel 25 March 2015, 11:09

Prominent ex-Test referee Jonathan Kaplan has joined the chorus calling for scrutiny of the Crusaders scrumming action after their win over the Toyota Cheetahs last weekend.

The Crusaders scrum has dominated in their contests against both the Emirates Lions and Cheetahs in their two Vodacom Super Rugby games over the past fortnight, and in both cases it seems as if the scrum – and All Black prop Wyatt Crockett in particular – have gotten away with murder.

Crockett’s supposed dominance in the scrum has seen both Julian Redelinghuys and Coenie Oosthuizen, both Springbok props, being sin-binned during the game and a plethora of penalties given against their teams by referees who believe the tighthead can’t handle the pressure when the loosehead packs down.

But on a number of occasions – and ironically picked up by both former All Blacks Jeff Wilson and Justin Marshall – the scrum has never packed down straight.

The Crusaders tend to be using an old trick among props where the entire front row takes a step sideways, therefore negating the opposition scrum and stopping them from scrumming straight. The result is that the set scrum is never square and the tighthead has no option but to go inward.

vCash
    Crockett has never scrummed straight in his life

C'mon the

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast