Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to................. Someone who cares,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    If you look at the "horsepower" on the board, I again say at some point you need to have some confidence and faith that we are seeking the absolute best outcome. We will live and die by our decisions and right now, I have absolute confidence that we will live. I am sorry you feel you've been unfairly kept in the dark and mistreated. I believe in the weeks and months ahead you'll understand why we did what we have done. The price we paying right now for this atmosphere of doubt and discontent, I pray will be worth it soon.
    Hi Hansie, after both of us being on here for a while and various PMs discussing ruby more deeply, Ifeel that you "get" where I'm coming from, my question of you, which I'd like as a yes/no, so you don't have to break any confidentiality, is

Do you think I'll be happy enough with the new direction that is being planned to stick my hand in my pocket and throw 800 bucks of my hard earned at a pair of gold memberships for next year?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    then how the hell was JK allowed to coach the Blues?
    True

Champion
    vCash
    Yes Gigs20.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jo thanks for taking the ball up and throwing some of the hard questions that needed to be asked. Hansie i personally would like to know that if this is the board that are the messiahs and doing the hard yards and decisions then how in the hell did they allow it to get to this stage anyway when an awful lot of members here could see the writing on the wall quite a while back?

vCash
    Yes Gigs20.
    That's good enough for me to hold comment and see whether you REALLY know my requirements

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Do you think I'll be happy enough with the new direction that is being planned to stick my hand in my pocket and throw 800 bucks of my hard earned at a pair of gold memberships for next year?
    I think 800 smackers for a pair of Golds in 2017 may be optimistic.
    The 2016 renewals were $940 for 2 Gold's, and if you have selected the automatic renewal option, then you are guaranteed to be charged the same price for 2 Golds in 2017.

Rugby WA made a big thing of "freezing" the membership prices for 2016.
    However, in 2016, the number of home games was dropped from 8 to 7. In 2017, it goes back to 8.
    Given the invitation to commit to an auto-renewal in 2017 and get a frozen price in 2017, the fact that there will be an "extra" home match in 2017 and Rugby WA's present financial "crisis", I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of a single Gold membership raised in 2017, probably to somewhere north of $500.

Setting the price-point for memberships in 2017 will be one of Rugby WA's (and the ARU's?) major challenges later this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I think 800 smackers for a pair of Golds in 2017 may be optimistic.
    The 2016 renewals were $940 for 2 Gold's, and if you have selected the automatic renewal option, then you are guaranteed to be charged the same price for 2 Golds in 2017.

Rugby WA made a big thing of "freezing" the membership prices for 2016.
    However, in 2016, the number of home games was dropped from 8 to 7. In 2017, it goes back to 8.
    Given the invitation to commit to an auto-renewal in 2017 and get a frozen price in 2017, the fact that there will be an "extra" home match in 2017 and Rugby WA's present financial "crisis", I wouldn't be surprised to see the price of a single Gold membership raised in 2017, probably to somewhere north of $500.

Setting the price-point for memberships in 2017 will be one of Rugby WA's (and the ARU's?) major challenges later this year.
    AFAIK I thought the number of home games rotated, and wasn't in fact "dropped" this year?

vCash
    I dropped from Gold to bronze this year, it was a prelude to giving up entirely. I'm still open to spending my entire entertainment budget on the force, but they'd want to be a he'll of a lot more fun to watch than this year

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    The Article in the Weekend Australia covers some of the issues we have to work with and canvasses some ideas going forward.

Essentially to answer boof's question. Sponsors and fans do not like losing teams. 11 years and only once close to making the finals. In addition many fans preferred to watch from home. We operate in the most competitive sports market in the world. We like winners, just look at how the Glory's fortunes changed this past season.

Senior Player
    vCash
    The Article in the Weekend Australia covers some of the issues we have to work with and canvasses some ideas going forward.

Essentially to answer boof's question. Sponsors and fans do not like losing teams. 11 years and only once close to making the finals. In addition many fans preferred to watch from home. We operate in the most competitive sports market in the world. We like winners, just look at how the Glory's fortunes changed this past season.
    Very political answer Hansie! But you still didn't answer the question i asked as to why the board hasn't done more of the hard calls previously to stem the losing mojo we have. Essentially the way i feel is that we the members haven't seen too much urgency from the board to stem the losses we've had and now the last resort is happening and Mums(ARU) having to step in because the boys can't guide their way out of the shit.

vCash
    Some numbers from past RugbyWA Annual Reports

Thought it might be useful to have some numbers to paint the picture of what's been happening at RugbyWA.

As others have highlighted there are no accounts yet available or made public for 2015.

Name:  RugbyWA Revenue.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  100.9 KB

REVENUE
    1. Sponsorship DOWN 24% from high in 2012
    2. Membership DOWN 28% from high in 2011.
    3. Corporate Hospitality DOWN 17% from high in 2012.
    4. Super Rugby UP 14% from 2011.
    5. Grants of $0.5 Million in 2013 & 2014.
    6. Total Revenue DOWN 9% from high in 2011.

Name:  2016-05-30_19-23-21.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  121.9 KB

EXPENDITURE

1. Professional Players expenditure confirms that $4.5 Million Salary Cap + $0.5 Million Sponsorship has been outlayed to players. Additional costs associated with injury coverage.

2. Significant reduction in player support expenditure:
    a. Strength and Conditioning DOWN 36% since 2012.
    b. Rugby Operations DOWN 23% since 2012.
    c. Team Medical DOWN 20% since 2012.
    d. Team Physiotherapy DOWN 48% since 2012.

3. Total Expenditure DOWN 5% since high of 2012.

vCash
    Those are pretty confronting figures. Particularly the fall in membership - not far off a third. Hope the ARU are prepared to put their money where Bill Pulver's mouth is in turning things around to at least 2011 levels...

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Those are pretty confronting figures
    Yep. Sure sounds like the coaches and playing group have been fighting with one arm tied behind the prverbial back.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    a. Strength and Conditioning DOWN 36% since 2012.
    b. Rugby Operations DOWN 23% since 2012.
    c. Team Medical DOWN 20% since 2012.
    d. Team Physiotherapy DOWN 48% since 2012...
    team fade outs at 60 minutes
    dislocations, pectoral rips etc
    slow return from injury
    re-injury

explains a lot

have the executives taken a 30% paycut?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Yep. Sure sounds like the coaches and playing group have been fighting with one arm tied behind the prverbial back.
    Rubbish!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast