Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies Squad announcement Today

vCash
    All good Andrew your ascessment of tyhe game was all on track bar this one I make these mistakes to but have Fat fingers make some bad Typos

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That is such an awesome photo Val!! :-)))

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    ...........and Hooper turning up the chance to score points late in the 1st half (before the ABs were down to 14 men) was very poor leadership. .
    With respect andrewg - i have to disagree with this. With the All Blacks Wyatt Crockett getting the yellow card Hooper made the correct call for the scrum. This forced the All Blacks to drag Kaino to bring a Prop on. Any time we can get a All Blacks back rower off the field for 10 minutes we gotta take that chance. Yes we passed up a chance for points - but with 40 plus minutes still on the clock. You have to believe that further opportunities will come.

I think Nathan Charles had the chance to score a try late in the mate - he should have put his head down and gone for the line rather than pass the ball to the winger.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Port Macquarie

"Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It’s a very mean and nasty place and I don’t care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done! Now if you know what you’re worth then go out and get what you’re worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain’t you! You’re better than that!" - Rocky Balboa

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    And he did in fact take the shot once that had been achieved, from only marginally wider than the others and on the better side for a right footer. It should have been a doddle, but was beyond our kicker who slammed it into the post. If he missed that, no guarantee he'd've got it from anywhere else.

Personally I was calling for him to pack another scrum. They had a forward off the field, another penalty conceded since the card, they should have kept the pressure on and seen if they would crack or cough up another card.

vCash

HOW THE HELL WE DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME??!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post

HOW THE HELL WE DIDN'T WIN THIS GAME??!!
    Didn't take advantage of the 2 lots of sinbins or the bucketload of times the ref pulled the ABs up for various things (mostly first half iirc).

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    CANNOT believe I'm writing this, but I actually agree with Growden on this!

http://www.espnscrum.com/the-rugby-c...ry/237931.html

And with that, I'm off for a lie down - I think I must be unwell! ;-D

vCash
    I was at the match. Had good seats so of course if had to p$ss down.

The Kiwis are a good team and are great with possession. But when they are defending they are as dross as any other team, just cynical crap at the breakdown all night. Infuriating.

Jaco is criticised for his whistle abuse but in this game most were justified. Even with the nonsense the kiwis did on defense if the other team plays for a quarter of the match with a man down you would have to think if you were good enough you could find a way over the chalk. We didn't which was disappointing. Have no issues with Cooper's calls for goal or otherwise.

Have no idea why Mackenzie played Beale played at 10. He was ok, but not great. He should come of the bench as an impact player. Bernard has done enough to get the gig at 10.

Congrats to cheese, he got a points decision over Mealamu. Looks at home at Wallaby 2.

My 2 cents.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Foley to 10 and McCalman to 8 would probably be the only changes I would make. Beale to the bench as utility.

White was rubbish.

Palu, as usual against NZ, was luggage. Hooper did plenty of stuff up the middle and put McCaw on his rear end a few times. Cheese looked right at home a Gold jersey on.

McKenzie need to go to his bench earlier then he did.

The match was a draw but it felt like a loss and I expect the All Blacks to wrap it up this week at Eden Park.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Foley to 10 and McCalman to 8 would probably be the only changes I would make. Beale to the bench as utility.

White was rubbish.

Palu, as usual against NZ, was luggage. Hooper did plenty of stuff up the middle and put McCaw on his rear end a few times. Cheese looked right at home a Gold jersey on.

The match was a draw but it felt like a loss and I expect the All Blacks to wrap it up this week at Eden Park.
    I have to reiterate... White was rubbish. the easily read box kicks. terrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    I have to reiterate... White was rubbish. the easily read box kicks. terrible.
    and passing no better than Phipps, so why was he there

Phipps would have at least forced the pace a little and run at the line (and 12 months ago I was saying how shit he was....has Phipps improved or has the rest of Aussie ruby deteriorated that much?)

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    and passing no better than Phipps, so why was he there

Phipps would have at least forced the pace a little and run at the line (and 12 months ago I was saying how shit he was....has Phipps improved or has the rest of Aussie ruby deteriorated that much?)
    Yep i couldn't bring myself to say phipps was a better half back...

vCash
    cant say we had as much as 20mins advantage with the ABs at 14men because 7mins of the second sinbin were spent resetting scrums... so it was more like 13mins... that being said the ABs defended well on their line on several occasions and if that were the wallabies we'd be crowing from the rooftops too.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

White was rubbish.

I think Phipps and Foley should both start this week. I think Mccabe is also better suited to being an impact player off the bench like he did with the Brumbies. Maybe go back to the Kuridrani, AAC combo. I think we are dreaming if we think McCalman will start over Palu, it won't happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    Yep i couldn't bring myself to say phipps was a better half back...
    Better doesn't necessarily imply good.

At least that's how I live with it!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast