Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Restruture

Rookie
    vCash
    Which club approached Rockingham?

Not clear who these people are.

It would seem that Rockingham should be supported by the rugby union and the broader community for the balance of the season. Approaches to their players seem a bit underhand.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Insider, CRAC made a commitment to support RRUFC premier grade continue to play Premiergrade rugby in the Premier comp. Transfers by players from one club to another have to be signed by RugbyWA. If Rocky don't agree, transfer doesn't get signed.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Whilst I unresevedly support Rockingham remaining in first grade, the Competition Rules cannot be changed, according to the RugbyWA Constitution, once they are set, until the following competition year.

The current Competition Rules provide that a player can transfer clubs at any time up to the end of the first round of fixtures, provided he honours any contractual commitments he has with the club.

How could RugbyWA or RRUFC deny any player a transfer if he has met his obligations? Simple answer, they can't.

What a diabolical mess.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 02-05-13 at 15:08. Reason: spelling errors

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio. We are in agreement.
    How can RugbyWA possibly stop a player from transferring if he/she wants to move.
    Clubs have been told time and time again by RugbyWA that they (and the club that a player wants to leave) are powerless to stop players moving, even if they have signed contracts - but that is another issue that has turned into an absolute farce this year.
    I see huge problems ahead if RugbyWA try that one on.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Transfers by players from one club to another have to be signed by RugbyWA. If Rocky don't agree, transfer doesn't get signed.
    It doesn't work that way. Unless there's an ARU form of Agreement lodged with Rugby WA for a particular player, there is nothing Rugby WA can or will do to prevent that player swapping clubs. Suggest you obtain a copy of the Competition Rules. Rocky has no power to stop any player jumping ship under the current arrangements.

There's the potential for this issue to go pear shaped.

Player
    vCash
    no body is after a transfer from rocky ,why would they going to beat neddies this week make finals and stick it up rugby wa

Player
    vCash
    Gee I love people getting on their soapbox and from a position of ignorance blasting away at the world.... Get the facts guys before sounding off…..
    Dear Wholetruth,
    Perhaps you ought to have a look at recent correspondence from RWA to all clubs about transfers and player contracts and listen to what RWA has been saying at meetings with clubs about this issue over the last year or two...... Speak to your club secretary about it. You need to better inform yourself about what a contract is and what the Comp Rules say about them…. Maybe the Comp Rules don't say anything and contracts are a matter between the parties to the contract and RWA can’t interfere because it is not a party to the contract…..
    RWA can control player registrations and transfers….. On my reading RM is closer to the mark with his comments about transfers, but RWA has the final say on all transfers. Rule 7.... "A player or coach who is registered for a Club for the purposes of the 2013 competition may only transfer to another club with the written permission of RugbyWA."
    Your problem may of course be that you had a contract with someone who flew in from NZ who was never registered in WA and nor was his contract lodged with RWA.....
    Dear Fulvio,
    When you say the Comp Rules cannot be changed then perhaps you ought to have a more careful look at the Comp Rules.
    Have a good look at Rule 15c. "The Board shall, in its absolute discretion, have the power to add to, vary, modify or replace the approved Competition Rules (or any of them) in such a manner and on such terms as it sees fit"
    So when you say "the Competition Rules cannot be changed, according to the RugbyWA Constitution, once they are set, until the following competition year" that does'nt seem to be quite right.

The Comp Rules are there for anyone to read. I am glad you guys put this stuff out there….

vCash
    Perhaps you can tell me where the Competition Rules are available on line . My set are those applicable a few years ago when RugbyWA allowed ineligible players to play in a grand final for Cottesloe, but maybe things have changed since then. Thats when I lost all my respect for people I thought had at least a skerrick of decency and self respect left in them.

If the current rules allow the board to do WTF they like, what's the point of having the rules at all?

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 02-05-13 at 23:01.

vCash
    We need a good clean out of the people running RugbyWA if what politcal BS says is the state of play at the moment is correct.

WA rugby appears to be in a very sick, if not terminal condition.

The lunatics are running the asylum.

Player
    vCash
    The RWA website....
    Back to the old Grand Final stuff.... Was that 2008 or 09.
    I always thought your comments from back then about that game were wrong and inflamatory, but I was'nt a registered member of TWF then.....
    Besides your argument about that Grand Final rather fell flat when Wanneroo thought it was fantastic that the player you complain about played in the Semi's two weeks earlier.
    At the risk of sending you over the edge.... Cottesloe oputplayed and out coached Paly in that Grand Final.. The player you complain about had a marginal impact.
    Felipe Manu of the Western Force and Paly was the best backrow forward in that game.

vCash
    Pull the other one. Cheating is cheating, no matter what cheap perfume you chose to hide the stench with.

vCash
    And by the way, it will take a great deal more than a sanctimonious light weight to put me, or indeed most of the posters on this site, over the edge.

Player
    vCash
    Thanks Fulvio,
    I am so pleased that we have resumed hostilities.
    With respect and regards.....
    On the subject of perfume......... I was disappointed to recently discover that Coco Channel was a Nazi collaborater in WWII so I won't choose Channel No 5 as my favourite perfume....
    On the subject of cheating... You are not a cheat. In your posts you don't mind dishing it out, but if anyone dishes to you, you are very fiesty and quick to let them know about the full extent of your indignation. Calling people cheats is inflamatory and possibly libelous.
    Well my red wine bottle is empty.... I am going to bed.

vCash
    Pathetic.

Put your name to your post, then talk to me about libel.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Besides your argument about that Grand Final rather fell flat when Wanneroo thought it was fantastic that the player you complain about played in the Semi's two weeks earlier.
    At the risk of sending you over the edge.... Cottesloe oputplayed and out coached Paly in that Grand Final.. The player you complain about had a marginal impact.
    Felipe Manu of the Western Force and Paly was the best backrow forward in that game.
    PBS - You're not a communist by any chance are you? You seem to love re-inventing history and appear to believe that if you say something enough people will believe it to be the truth. There's a new name for it - Hansie's Disease! Hope you recover soon.

You seem to assume that many of us don't have good memories.

That Wanneroo / Cott Semi was at Lark Hill and whilst a certain sugar daddy at Wanneroo was trying to say the right thing and that it was good for the competition that these Force guys were playing in the local comp, the reality was that Wanneroo had major injury issues and battled hard to be competitive in a game where Rugby WA stacked the odds against them by allowing Cott to parachute those players in. I'm not a Wanneroo supporter but I remember the game well and was very impressed how the Wanneroo players dug in and didn't give up on the day. Their club should be proud of how they aquitted themselves that day.

The second semi final was held at McGillivray - Cott vs Nedlands and Nedlands was clearly the better side on the day with the 2 Force players just tipping the balance, particularly the half back (Swimming Pool I seem to remember his name was). Nedlands were ripped off that day and I am 100% convinced would have won the game if Cott hadn't played those two.

The grand final was played between Paly and Cott and Manu was negated by the two Cott Force guys with Brown scoring a try and setting another up, once again tipping the balance. Both players had a major influence on the outcome of the entire finals series, lets not kid ourselves.No doubt the most illegitimate premiership in RWA's history. Their name should be struck from the trophy.

PS Henry Ford was a financial backer of the Nazi's - you don't drive a Ford by any chance?

Last edited by RumourMonger; 03-05-13 at 09:22.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast