Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Proposed new multi-purpose stadium

vCash
    I know i said it im a pm the other day but once again, nice work Shasta. Hopefully you will get a response

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    when i go to speak to rick hart i'll have all this ready to say,
    as well as photos and anything else i can find from other movable grounds.
    the one that ex showed us in petition chat leaps to mind.
    i'm gonna talk to him focusing on the fact that the players will be the ones to suffer the most from a substandard surface. as the injury rates will increase.
    this wont only hinder freo and the eagles. but the other 14 teams in the AFL, and potentially the new all australian team.

as well as the super 14 competition, which in turn could affect the wallabies, allblacks and the springboks.
    soccer - socceroos
    the reds
    hockey
    do i need to go on?
    when i get a second to scratch myself inbetween assignments i'll plan out what i want to say to him and post a rough outline on here and weeneedcorners.

i'm also thinking that it might be better to try and arrange a proper formal meeting with him at a time convenient to him.

but cheers shasta, you put it in a slightly diffent point of view than i was looking at it. i'll take it on board.
    and if i get an interview with him, do you mind if i give him a copy of your letter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    do you mind if i give him a copy of your letter?
    No, mate. Go for it. Paper the walls with it if you like.

vCash
    I think the official approach would be good as well jono

vCash
    yeah, r u in for that man? or will u be at work?
    but if i cant get a meeting with him i'm gonna start going to trainings until he takes notice, because it will benifit AFL in the long run if we had our own stadium. hes gotta see that

vCash
    We can work something out and i finish at 3 anyway so it shouldn't be too hard.

vCash
    Well i know this isn't Rugby news, but it could have ramifications for a Rectangular stadium. The A-League soccer will be possibly be expanding from 8 to 12 teams in 16 months. So instead of the current 21 game season, the 12 team league would play 33 games a season, so the Perth Glory who would be a co-tennant in a possible rectangular stadium would be playing 16/17 home games a season, up from 10/11.

Apparently FFA has met with a number of buisness and soccer identities and the plans are well advanced, Townsville and the Gold Coast narrowly missed out on being admitted for the comming 08/09 season.

The season may not be extended dramaticly with a plan for midweek fixtures

vCash
    still helps us.
    and i can take it into account, more proof that it would be financially viable.

vCash
    Exactly my point, i know i did some rough estimations on the use of a rectangular facility, so instead add 16/17 in as the possible (at this time) soccer figure. I am going to try and ring MES to find out what other events are held there, both for the last 12 months and the next 12.

I wonder if the Langolant or however you pronounce his name took into his calculations that all 3 rectangular codes were looking to expand??

Although i probably already know the answer

vCash
    I thought about putting this in the "what ruffles your feathers thread" but no. The article regarding the Multi-Purpose stadium, pictures showing how construction will proceed and one of the best lines in history

"the news came at a Department of Sport and Recreation briefing for WAFL presidents at which the Government sought to reassure football of it's financial commitment to the code"

The article is on page 6 of todays West Australian

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I thought about putting this in the "what ruffles your feathers thread" but no. The article regarding the Multi-Purpose stadium, pictures showing how construction will proceed and one of the best lines in history

"the news came at a Department of Sport and Recreation briefing for WAFL presidents at which the Government sought to reassure football of it's financial commitment to the code"

The article is on page 6 of todays West Australian
    I think that does belong on the other thread... my feathers are officially ruffled.
    Poor widdle football wasn't feeling the wuve huh? HTFU

Last edited by Swee_82; 01-05-08 at 10:41.

vCash
    "WA Government sucks the WAFC............" ummmmmm no, behave jargs. "How new stadium will take shape" was the article name

vCash
    How new stadium will take shape
    MARK DUFFIELD
    1 May 2008
    (c) 2008, West Australian Newspapers Limited

Football officials have been told that WA’s $1.1 billion multi-purpose stadium will be built in two stages, with the old 42,000-capacity Subiaco Oval due to be demolished in 2013.

The news came at a Department of Sport and Recreation briefing for WAFL presidents at which the Government sought to reassure football of its financial commitment to the code.

The West Australian understands the first Government funding for the stadium will be in next week’s State Budget — a multi-million-dollar commitment to kick off detailed designs and planning.

The annual budget for the work is not expected to run into hundreds of millions until the 2011-12 financial year when building starts.

The WAFL presidents were shown graphics outlining the two major phases of the 4˝-year construction. It is expected about 40,000 of the stadium’s proposed 60,000 seats will be in place, with a roof, on Subiaco Oval’s north-eastern corner stretching across Kitchener Park to Coghlan Road before demolition of the old stadium starts at the eastern end after the 2013 AFL season.

About 5000 temporary seats may be added to the lower tier at the western end of the new ground to take capacity to 45,000 for the first AFL matches of 2014.

The project is earmarked for completion in 2016, with 22,000 lower-tier seats able to be “swung out” to form a rectangular arena suitable for rugby and soccer, with a further 7500 corporate seats on the stadium’s second tier.

After terse negotiations between the stadium task force and the WA Football Commission, the Government wanted to assure WAFL officials, considered last in line for money from the sport, that funding would be protected.

Last edited by laura; 01-05-08 at 10:50.

vCash
    Can you put the part were not happy with in bold please Laura

vCash
    Better?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast