Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Save the Force Rally - This Sunday 20th August

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Hansie was a great turn out and great to hear the news from mark McGowan. Any sign of any regret from the East Coast? Meeting with AF taken up?
    REGRET is one word not their vocabulary. The Premier has been awesome. The Minister for Sport - Mick Murray and MLA for Burns Beach Mark Folkard both said the bipartisanship on this issue is very solid. As of today no meeting with Andrew, my thoughts are, they have no idea how to respond.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Any sign of any regret from the East Coast? Meeting with AF taken up?
    You are assuming, on both fronts, that it was reported in a Sydney newspaper.....and that the FUBARU board actually read the papers anymore (sure they read the bits that tell them getting spanked by 50 points in 48 minutes was a good performance, but precious little else)

Last edited by GIGS20; 21-08-17 at 13:22.
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Please also be aware Senator Linda Reynolds was there and will be writing an opinion piece in the Australian. Alison has also heard from other very interested sources.

May I also say, the weekend's grand final matches, hosted by Mandurah on Saturday and Palmyra on Sunday were sensational. It is so regrettable the ARU pay no heed to the support for community rugby. The Wallabies could learn a wee bit about defence and teamwork from the Premiergrade GF.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You are assuming, on both fronts, that it was reported in a Sydney newspaper.....and that the FUBARU board actually read the papers anymore (sure they read the bits that tell them getting spanked by 50 points in 48 minutes was a good performance, but precious little else)
    They're probably too busy celebrating scoring 4 tries against the kiwis.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    REGRET is one word not their vocabulary. The Premier has been awesome. The Minister for Sport - Mick Murray and MLA for Burns Beach Mark Folkard both said the bipartisanship on this issue is very solid. As of today no meeting with Andrew, my thoughts are, they have no idea how to respond.
    Could they be hoping for a win for RugbyWA in the NSW courts so they can have an out and still try to save face on the East coast?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hansie was a great turn out and great to hear the news from mark McGowan. Any sign of any regret from the East Coast? Meeting with AF taken up?
    Anyone who remembers Kerry Packer and World Series Cricket would have to think twice about the richest man in Australia ($5Billion is a bloody big kitty) threatening a breakaway league. If nothing else it may eventually force the ERU to question their current approach, hopefully post this Wednesday.

Bring them to the table and if they won't come, follow through on the threat, after all, Fiji and Japan teams play entertaining rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    They're probably too busy celebrating scoring 4 tries against the kiwis.
    I've been looking for a place to post this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-2...opping/8825242 Thanks Jono

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Anyone who remembers Kerry Packer and World Series Cricket would have to think twice about the richest man in Australia ($5Billion is a bloody big kitty) threatening a breakaway league. If nothing else it may eventually force the ERU to question their current approach, hopefully post this Wednesday.

Bring them to the table and if they won't come, follow through on the threat, after all, Fiji and Japan teams play entertaining rugby
    Hate to break it to you Macca, but the ARU won't be making any moves at all on this until the outcome of the hearing is read. THey're too arrogant and bloody-minded to hear sense now. Any case, once the appeal has been heard, I would think that the ARU will not be able to cut the Force and therefore the breakaway league idea will need to sit in a drawer until 2020 (when the ARU will try to shitcan both us and the Rebels and set sail right on back to the nineties!

C'mon the

vCash
    Yep, agree they won't do much while it is in the courts, the real point I'm suggesting is that Twiggy's move may be as much about leverage as a genuine threat for a breakaway league.

vCash
    I've been looking for a place to post this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-2...opping/8825242 Thanks Jono
    Anytime,I saw that this morning as well.
    I didn't watch the game - don't plan to - but whichever commentator said that shouldn't ever be in front of a microphone again. However it probably sums up the perceptions of the attitudes of some of the wallabies and staff at the moment. As does my first post - because that sums up mine.

We can score as many tries against the kiwis as we want, but we should also be looking to score more points against them too. Or based on what I have read about the game on the weekend. Concede less than they do!

vCash
    I didn't watch the game - don't plan to - but whichever commentator said that shouldn't ever be in front of a microphone again. However it probably sums up the perceptions of the attitudes of some of the wallabies and staff at the moment. As does my first post - because that sums up mine.

We can score as many tries against the kiwis as we want, but we should also be looking to score more points against them too. Or based on what I have read about the game on the weekend. Concede less than they do!
    Maybe we should start with making more tackles than we miss (not looking anywhere particular Mr Kerevi)

C'mon the

vCash
    Maybe we should start with making more tackles than we miss (not looking anywhere particular Mr Kerevi)
    They're probably also celebrating that we didn't miss 30 in the second half as well, and it was a "much improved second 40"
    #TheyHaveNoClue

vCash
    Surely there was more than 1000 there!!!
    I wrote to WA today and asked if their reporter had actually attended the rally when I saw that..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    I wrote to WA today and asked if their reporter had actually attended the rally when I saw that..
    It's probably a lot closer than some of the other figures quoted!😜

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash

Jono I think you'll find that the windbag was a certain Mr Kearns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Jono I think you'll find that the windbag was a certain Mr Kearns.
    Oh, I see. Candidate to succeed Pulver as CEO at the EARU.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast