Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: MATT GITEAU COMMITTED TO THE EMIRATES WESTERN FORCE

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't tell me Force1 is taking his ball and going home?
    We were having such fun, admittedly at his expense, but ripping his/her posts to shreds was more fun than shooting fish in a barrel.

He must be a Sydney child at heart, can't get it all his own way and storms of in a hissy fit.

And in case your still reading ... the Firepower thing has been going on for at least 6 years now. Its not news anymore.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Damn, how come I miss all of the fun! Hey Force1, any chance you can contribute anything positive to the site? Since you have all of this insider knowledge surely some of it is constructive. Maybe not

Incidentally, my take on the Firepower thing is ET is the Australian distributor and not the owner of Firepower Australia. Also, the reason that we have not seen the fuel additive on the market is that the technology for the injection of it is currently being developed. The additive does work and has been proven to work. My original scepticism has been laid to rest since talking with somebody in the know. (Official high up sauce. )

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So THAT'S what HP Sauce is an abbreviation of, "High uP"!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Seems the SMH has invaded the Canberra Times today.... 3 articles (including front page) about Giteau... though it is all by one journo who has a scary obsession with Giteau.

"But while Giteau joined the Force in denying he wanted to end his three-year contract early, sources told The Canberra Times there was still a realistic chance Giteau could make an early return to Canberra."

and

Chief executive Andrew Fagan said he had not had any conversations with Giteau or his management and said the ACT would not attempt to recruit Giteau until he came off contract after the 2009 season.

"At the end of the day he has an agreement with the Force," Fagan said. "If those circumstances were to change, either he or his manager would make it known to us.

"We wouldn't be making contact with him on the back of press reports that suggest he's unhappy. We're not in the business of trying to white-ant other provinces with regard to players on long-term deals."

From The Canberra Times

Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

vCash
    i was going to echo you EnForcer, all the fun happens when i'm at work and now force1 has gone back into hiding. I'm sure we'll hear from him/her again.....................(i didnt say that was neccesarily a good thing)

vCash
    Putting all connections to the Western Force aside, i'd like to point out some key things in the article which i think may have been overlooked..

"John Finnin, 51,was arrested earlier this year and released without charge after a raid by detectives from the sexual crime squad."

"Firepower issued a terse, short statement last night: 'He is entitled to the presumption of innocence.’'’

"Questioned by defence lawyer Brendan Wilkinson, Constable Eldridge said so far he had found no incriminating email evidence."

Thus as far as i can tell, there is no evidence to suggest that Mr Finnin has actually done anything wrong. So even if you can somehow link this to the Western Force Force1, I fail to see how it is a problem...but then again, given your competent knowledge of the law, i'm sure you must know that already

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Actually, expanding on my earlier post, the narrative flow in that article is abysmal. I can't help but feel that the priority was to get "Firepower" and "child sex" in the same headline, but then Messrs Butcher and Ryle had to write an article that justified it. I can only assume that published journalists can do better than write such train-of-consciousness dribble, so I suspect they did so because to write it properly would have sounded far too supportive of Finnin and they didn't want that either.

Last edited by AndyS; 23-08-07 at 18:13.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    You will be astonished later. Be patient.

And yes of course, Jen. Even Saddam Hussien was entitled to an initial presumption of innocence.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey Force1 you're back.
    Are you going to answer my pm??

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Force1
    is tim johnston still the boss of firepower? or is this your latest breaking news?

vCash

And yes of course, Jen. Even Saddam Hussien was entitled to an initial presumption of innocence.
    Yeah he was. What's your point? Oh no wait...you don't have one...because you've failed to understand how we overcome a presumption. It's called evidence...you should try familiarising yourself with the concept. As i pointed out before, they don't have any evidence against John Finnin

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    PM me Force1, I'll give you the inside goss about how the Force planted WMD's in Iraq.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Over and out - for good!
    I already am astonished Force1, you went back on your word, you said you wouldn't be back
    Surely such an action is contrary to the high standards you set?
    Did you realise there were still approximately 1300 TWF Members you hadn't insulted or attempted to belittle with your mind blowing intellect and impeccable contact network knowledge?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    the reason that we have not seen the fuel additive on the market is that the technology for the injection of it is currently being developed. The additive does work and has been proven to work. My original scepticism has been laid to rest since talking with somebody in the know. (Official high up sauce. )
    Far be it from me to dispute your high ranking source. Where do I send money, I must have this addetive as I'm sure my diesel will love it.

It does seem incredibly strange that they've been spending millions over a few years on raising brand awareness before their product is ready for market. I wonder where all the money comes from... presumably their still spending a truckload on R&D, it apparently works yet they still don't have a product for sale? How long have they been sponsoring these sport teams for?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moses
    Far be it from me to dispute your high ranking source. Where do I send money, I must have this addetive as I'm sure my diesel will love it.

It does seem incredibly strange that they've been spending millions over a few years on raising brand awareness before their product is ready for market. I wonder where all the money comes from... presumably their still spending a truckload on R&D, it apparently works yet they still don't have a product for sale? How long have they been sponsoring these sport teams for?
    I must admit it does seem a bit arse about face but that is the way it has been done. When it does go on the market there ain't gonna be any problem in having any brand awareness. I can only assume that this is the strategy they have decided to use and it has worked as far as as getting investment is concerned.

Just happy to be here

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast