Page 65 of 151 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

Thread: What Ruffles you Feathers (Mk II)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That's pretty shitty BC

Rugby teams that wait until the final siren goes before playing expansive multi phase exciting Rugby to try and sneak a win after playing the previous 80 minutes kicking like maniacs and not valuing possesion.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'm sorry to hear that, BC

Currently a few of my feathers are being ruffled by the persistent spooky green:

W. T. F.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    0.8% being the difference between my academic record saying distinction instead of credit.

The fact that Michael Jackson's death is the biggest news story around the world. More people than just him died today. Sure he made great music and contributed a lot to the music industry but as a person he was hardly a role-model or someone who you would look up to. He changed his skin colour, he had that much plastic surgery and he dangled his kid over a balcony....not to mention all the other stupid and disturbing stuff he did. There are more important, respectable people who have died and no one made as much fuss over them!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    People with a full PM Inbox

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Agreed Laura, one of the original Angels died, they were kinda like the chearleaders of detective work....

RIP Farrah.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    0.8% being the difference between my academic record saying distinction instead of credit.

The fact that Michael Jackson's death is the biggest news story around the world. More people than just him died today. Sure he made great music and contributed a lot to the music industry but as a person he was hardly a role-model or someone who you would look up to. He changed his skin colour, he had that much plastic surgery and he dangled his kid over a balcony....not to mention all the other stupid and disturbing stuff he did. There are more important, respectable people who have died and no one made as much fuss over them!
    So I guess you were too young for Thriller, Billie Jean, Bad, Black or White......or any of the classics

Yeah he was a wierd bastard in the end, but he was Elvis in the 80s

C'mon the

vCash
    Technically yes, I wasn't around until the late 80s and most of those songs came out in the early 80s. I do know them though and I acknowledged that he made great music, particularly with the Jackson Five, but I think all of his good music ended when he changed his skin colour and started with all the plastic surgery.

And I don't think that there should be such a massive deal made about his death, its insane..they blocked off 4 streets near the hospital for all the people who went there, what about all the other people who needed the hospital or wanted to get in to visit their own family?

And one chick said his death is worse than Princess Diana. Comparing the two is not even fair she actually made a difference in the world and tried to make it a BETTER place he didnt..he was just wierd for the last 10+ years. There's an interview with him on TV now and he said he would let his children share their bed with a grown man, so long as he knew the man..wtf?!

Don't get me wrong, I respect that he is a bloke and has a family and friends and they're upset about their loss but what about all the other thousands of people who died today? What about that truckie in NSW who was contributing to the economy & transporting stuff around the countryside and was hit in the head by a stray bullet? He was someone's father, someone's grandfather, someone who contributed to the country..he didn't rake up millions worth in debt, build some oversized theme park ranch and do crazy, inappropriate stuff.

rant over..

Last edited by laura; 26-06-09 at 22:54.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Technically yes, I wasn't around until the late 80s and most of those songs came out in the early 80s. I do know them though and I acknowledged that he made great music, particularly with the Jackson Five, but I think all of his good music ended when he changed his skin colour and started with all the plastic surgery.

And I don't think that there should be such a massive deal made about his death, its insane..they blocked off 4 streets near the hospital for all the people who went there, what about all the other people who needed the hospital or wanted to get in to visit their own family?

And one chick said his death is worse than Princess Diana. Comparing the two is not even fair she actually made a difference in the world and tried to make it a BETTER place he didnt..he was just wierd for the last 10+ years. There's an interview with him on TV now and he said he would let his children share their bed with a grown man, so long as he knew the man..wtf?!

Don't get me wrong, I respect that he is a bloke and has a family and friends and they're upset about their loss but what about all the other thousands of people who died today? What about that truckie in NSW who was contributing to the economy & transporting stuff around the countryside and was hit in the head by a stray bullet? He was someone's father, someone's grandfather, someone who contributed to the country..he didn't rake up millions worth in debt, build some oversized theme park ranch and do crazy, inappropriate stuff.

rant over..
    I was around in the 70's and 80's when he was the king of pop...but I have to agree with most of what you said Laura. I remember listening to Thriller on my first Walkman...but I remember the poster in my bedroom several years earlier much more! I'm with Burgs on this one!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I suspect one of those used to grace your own bedroom wall Lazz
    Biggest selling poster of all time!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I suspect one of those used to grace your own bedroom wall Lazz

Yes she was on my wall. About the same time that TLH had this poster on his wall!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

He'll probably take that as a compliment

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    I remember listening to Thriller on my first Walkman...
    Whats a walkman??
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    practicing driving with my mum and going around the roundabout and some douchebag in a mega truck decides it'll be fine if he pulls out infront of me. jerk

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Whats a walkman??
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Oh I remember those, portable cassette player Jargs, truck on down to the museum and have a look at the display

---------- Post added at 15:28 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    practicing driving with my mum and going around the roundabout and some douchebag in a mega truck decides it'll be fine if he pulls out infront of me. jerk
    you should have rammed the bastard

vCash
    Foxtel SCREWING UP AND NOT SHOWING ME THE RUGBY! Augh!! It's still not coming back

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 65 of 151 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast