Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER YEAR, ANOTHER HEARTACHE.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    SBW - 3 questions:

1) Were you pissed when you wrote your post?
    Yes very much so, said I would be home at 5pm.
    2) Did you pass Grade 6 English? ; and
    if based on Aussie school no
    3) Are you as big a dickhead in real life as you look on TV?
    it would appear so, well to the misses i am as above said I would home at 5pm got home 1030ish. Gotta love rugby season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    SBW is about to reply. This should be good!
    Was it?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Not as good as last night's effort!

vCash
    Wests have given themselves a terrific new start and the last thing they need is pricks from Cott attaching themselves like barnacles to a decent club.
    I finally get RM now - I am sure his heart warming story was on 60 minutes many years ago - for those of you that missed it, here is a summary.

Picture a young 12 yr old boy, full of love for the game of rugby and determined to be a Seagull and join the ranks for the heathen greats at Cott.

He turns up for his first training session and is humiliated for wearing black boots and having no product in his hair whilst wearing a Western Reds jersey signed by Adrian Baritch. How the boys laughed.... How the coaches of those terrible, over protected private school kids laughed.... How his heart broke.

He ran away, turning his back on his dream, vowing revenge and after years in the wilderness wandering from suburb to suburb, a pack of friendly Monaro's took him in and he found a home, far from his dream in Rockingham where he was determined to build a great empire.

The rest his history... even after building the best and brightest castle at Lark Hill, the new home for all that is good in rugby, he failed to match the evil empire of the west, now living his life throwing invective at the "Golden Clubs" and watching his empire, dressed in Royal Purple, crumble around him after an opening round defeat to the warriors from the hills.

Such a sad story but is there a bright side you may ask.......

NO

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

Player
    vCash
    Rocky have big problems, no question of that.

Rookie
    vCash
    I dont understand why this post has started a beatup on Rocky and your comment ( Rocky is crumbling) is disaapointing when your own empire was in trouble and I believe you have a treasurer who was a former member and supporter of Rocky who has given you some direction and tidied up your books.Your juniors are crumbling ,your seniors only win when there full of force players and yourve had a good win and now you world beaters.How many of your Premier side come through your juniors, Rocky would have at least 10 and try to be as competitve as possible week in week out without having a massive budget do still import players and have a healthy junior setup that will one day provide players all across the Perth Comp so instaed of using your money from Bankwest Loan Program to fix up your delapidated castle on the hill why dont you use it to fix up your struggling junior comp and then one day your club could have some history and club ledgends to fall back on instaed of that plastic enviroment you provide in your premier grade.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political BS View Post
    Rocky have big problems, no question of that.
    Rocky's problems are not as big as the Force's!

You and your mates on the Board should stay focussed on the main game.

Rocky needs support not Board Members white anting them.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Dinky Di, you bastard, you have totalled ruined my Biography which was due to be launched next month!

vCash
    Hey look! A thread about WA club rugby that's digressed into bickering. Never seen this before...

lads on doing further damage to the local comp
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Insider View Post
    I dont understand why this post has started a beatup on Rocky and your comment ( Rocky is crumbling)
    Dear Insider - this was a bit of fun poked at RM - no disrespect to Rocky at all intended. Please find a chill pill and a sense of humor. I do understand that you are new to the site and have not been around enough to notice friendly banter when it is delivered.

No insults intended.

HOWEVER -

Interesting your comments re "Cott can only win when full of Force players" - do you really mean that? Okay, apparently there were two or three on the weekend, as there were in a number of other teams. Of course, Cott makes the top four most years winning more games than it looses and most of the time without Force Players... and here is another quandary.... do you want the Force players to play in WA or go back East as they used to do? Cake, yours, eat it?? Now I suppose you will come back with the "they should be evenly spread amongst the premier teams" and I agree. However, who decides who goes where.. YOU? Now what if your team, whoever they may be, gets allocated say, Kyle G, Alfie M and Pek. Looks great but .... they will never play as they are starters. So what now. Do those not in the playing 22 get randomly allocated to teams on a Thursday? Does your team get first pick? How can you fix this.. and I am honestly looking for an answer.

Ok next - player payments outside of contracts... a touchy issue covered in other threads. Are you then going to say that a "more financial club", even with Bank West Development money (that you club could have gone after) should not assist a player? All clubs do this to some degree, whether its boot money or a job or house etc etc... its has been going on since the dawn of the game... I used to get boot money in England back in the day (spent it immediately in the club bar but that's irrelevant). Again, Please cone up with a useful solution for discussion.

Re the Juniors... I am not sure that they can help it when most of their junior playing group are tied up in PSA rugby and as such ineligible to play club. they all reappear for U18s/U20s and people like you get all antsy. Please Please Please come up with a solution to the PSA mess and I think that the teams like Cott will be able to "develop" their own juniors, but in the meantime they are hampered by the fact that the Private Schools will not play ball with WAJRU. I cant see how this is the clubs fault.

So all in all -

A) this was a joking Dig
    B) come up with solutions not invective
    C) Laugh once in a blue moon - it helps.

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Dinky Di, you bastard, you have totalled ruined my Biography which was due to be launched next month!
    Bugger - Sorry... its a great story though and I think the rugby world should hear it

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm a tight bastard--can I download it to my Kindle?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Hey look! A thread about WA club rugby that's digressed into bickering. Never seen this before...

lads on doing further damage to the local comp
    Posted via Mobile Device
    All in jest Jono - no harm no foul

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Bugger - Sorry... its a great story though and I think the rugby world should hear it
    i enjoyed it, was a good read

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DinkyDi View Post
    Dear Insider - this was a bit of fun poked at RM - no disrespect to Rocky at all intended.
    It's RumorMunger disrespecting Rocky by pretending to be affiliated with that club when he is actually connected with one of the other premiership clubs.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast