Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying cocaine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Thats why they fined him 30 big ones to get there money back
    Not really, they gave him that thirty k in the first place, along with (what's rumored to be) another 670000 per annum.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    As was pointed out of Rugby HQ, the $30K fine is equivalent to someone on the average wage being fined $2,400. Big deal!!
    I thought that plea bargaining was only on US TV.
    It's just another slap in the face to all the players who try hard to do the right thing.
    Even making him VC was a slap in the face to those who have committed their time to the game and the Reds club.
    The photo posted by Uncle Boog on 21 Feb says it all...we're just dealing with yet another "Brand" - this time Brand Hunt.
    And always so full of remorse and humility - but only when caught out.
    We're not talking about a young kid - we're talking about a 28yo man who has sold his Brand now to 3 football codes.
    And he's yet to show that he can play rugby with the same consistency of the lower payed, great players who have gone before him.
    In my view there is no way that he should/can be considered for the RWC.
    That's my rant for Thursday.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 05-03-15 at 22:29.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    The Rebels groundsman has already been asked by the Reds to mark the field lines in a different colour for their Rd8 match in Melbourne
    That's why he kept wandering out to the wing the other week

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Sorry if I offend some people.... Hunt should have been stood down for 2 yrs from playing Pro sport. He brought it the coc and did not on sell it so where is it?? .
    His thighs are tremendously big, I'd look there first.

vCash
    A couple of responses for AndrewG

Rugby HQ actually reported the fine to be proportionally $240, not $2400, I don't think that will calm you any more.

They were also unanimous in suggesting that he's no chance for the World Cup squad, we all know that the Wallabies are selected by the media, so I'm pretty sure that one will stick. It will be interesting to see what happens if he turns into some type of superstar and shows himself to be the solution to a long-term Wallaby issue (say a good 12 who combines brutal defense with genuine linebreaking ability)

I'm not saying Hunt is a 12 in any form, that's just the most obvious deficiency in the Wallaby backline for me to pick on. He's not much of a chance for the Wallabies at fullback regardless of his recreational chemicals, Folau has taken out a mortgage on that spot.

C'mon the

vCash
    I don't think he would have been let back on the field if he had been playing for another team...mentioning no names...
    First offence..first time he's been caught.. good job he wasn't arrested in Indonesia...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    On HQ they also stated that a "breech of code determined the fine" I would like to know what code that was and what else is contained in that "code".

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    What about WADA? Or will the story be that they were in possession but did not use? Supposed to be automatic 2 years so why weren't they immediately ordered to go a drug test on their hair like Cousins?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Hunt drug bust won't be forgotten: Sailor

James MacSmith
    March 6, 2015, 5:12 am

Karmichael Hunt will never live down his guilty verdict of cocaine possession, according to Wendell Sailor, who copped a two-year ban for testing positive to the drug in 2006 when playing rugby union.

He says it is something he still has to deal with on a regular basis, as will Hunt.

"With the ASADA stuff at the start of every year it gets brought up every year, so I still live it," Sailor told Triple M.

"That's my mistake, I've got two kids who play football (and they live with it too).

"And I know Karmichael has got two young kids ... it's tough."

"But ... if I'm Karmichael I'm happy with that because I'm playing football again in six weeks."

Sailor signed with St George Illawarra in the NRL when his ban expired, enjoying two seasons with the joint venture before retiring.

The former dual international said Hunt should be thankful he wasn't thrown out of rugby.

The ARU and QRU threw Hunt a lifeline after he pleaded guilty to four counts of possessing cocaine and was fined $2,500 in in Southport Magistrates Court on Thursday.

The rugby authorities fined Hunt $30,000 and banned him from playing for six weeks.

"He should be thankful to the lawyer and to the judge but also (to the ARU)," Sailor said.

"Up to now Karmichael's record has been pretty clean.

"Everywhere he has been, whether it is AFL or rugby in France, he has been a really good ambassador."

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...gotten-sailor/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I maybe wrong but people say he was a model citizen and this was a 1st time for the use of drugs ..But we must remember he was playing under the AFL before entering into a contract with QRU.. As we all know the AFL drug testing system is so weak and open to abuse this could have been going on for sometime. The NRL and ARU have more drug findings than the AFL made public .. The 3 strike system allows AFL players to dabble in drugs without penalties.

THe ARU and QRU are a bunch of pussies grow some balls.. Get strong get the message out there... Drugs are not allowed in our code.

ARU & QRU get some balls and admit you made a huge mistake in bringing KH to rugby union and dump him.. He is not a roll model he and the ARU are sending messages to younger players that the more money rugby pays you the easier it is to get off..
    Wendall Sailor comments in the media today mention KH is a lucky man to be allowed to play sport again in 6 weeks he had to wait 2 yrs and then fight to get a contract with the dragons...

vCash
    The whole thing stinks. And I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was represented by the ARU's legal counsel. After all, they did spend every last cent they had on recruiting him so lots of face & credibility to be saved in getting him off!

And before anyone says "but he didn't get off", he did in my eyes even if not in the eyes of the law!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Red Carded
    vCash
    There goes the problem with high profile players as in Perth cocaine is a high end and expensive drug which only leaves the Chardonnay clubs with the resources and contacts to recruit such players
    Out here in the burbs all we can offer is a free glass BBQ and some Ratsac cut with washing powder being produced in the canteen breaking bad style

vCash
    I wonder how this will affect his visa applications to go to NZ and SA

vCash
    It won't. He. Didn't. Record. A. Conviction.

He doesn't have to declare he has a criminal conviction

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It won't. He. Didn't. Record. A. Conviction.

He doesn't have to declare he has a criminal conviction
    In a lot of cases that doesn't matter.

Just to explain myself further.
    He does have to prove he is of 'good character' for most visas to be approved.
    This was big news across the world and a lot of rugby nations took note.
    If the person set to approve his visa decides he is not of good character they can reject his visa regardless of if a conviction was recorded against him or not.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast