Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Drew Mitchell signs with the Waratahs in 2010

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    An Insider Force Administrator/s are still leaking information to the Western press ... even on the day their CEO publicly resigns... Odd behavior... Friday now looks to be the day as negotiations are not fully finalised...

Having lost Matt Giteau, and subsequently the chief executive whose job it was to try and keep him, the Force are set to lose star winger Drew Mitchell to the NSW Waratahs.

With Giteau on his way to Canberra, CEO Greg Harris announced his intention to return to Sydney after just over 12 months in the job.

His replacement is former Perth Wildcats boss Vern Reid.

The pair's first job was to speak to Mitchell this afternoon - a meeting that appears to have resulted in the 25-year-old telling the club he was following good friend Giteau out of the door.

The official announcement is expected on Friday.

As late as yesterday, Force officials were still hopeful Mitchell would be staying, saying he was torn between the lucrative offer on the table from the Force and other interests in the east.

Mitchell would not confirm the reports this afternoon.

It caps an eventful day for the Force, who announced Harris' departure this morning after a turbulent 12 months since he replaced Peter O'Meara.

www.watoday.com.au
    No leaks here - check the language used (bolded for you convenience). Clarke is just playing catch up on the other press and trying to make it sound like he actually knows something others don't. We all already know he is leaving, nothing new here. All the 'facts' are from the press conference at RugbyWA yesterday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But how did he know they met with Drew Mitchell yesterday?

The journo wasn't at the meeting so he was told by someone else another many Mitchell who still has on formal comment at this time... Clarke can catch up without making up bogus meeting... loose lips...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

The journo wasn't at the meeting so he was told by someone else another many Mitchell who still has on formal comment at this time... Clarke can catch up without making up bogus meeting... loose lips...
    At the press conference, Harris said he met with him. As mentioned - all teh 'facts' are from teh press conference.

vCash
    Thanks...

vCash

Your eagerness to dig up shit about Western Force/Rugby WA is as obvious as ever. Most people here thought you did nothing more than elaborate on the speculations of hack journalists, all the while hinting that you had some inside knowledge.

Read Greg Harris' comments about the growth of his relationship with John Mitchell and compare that with what you tried to insinuate during the early part of this year. I have a feeling that example indicates that the organisation may be maturing and growing in strength and experience through it's "teething" problems. Try being positive for once and speculate on that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    This is getting bigger than Ben Hur, I am hoping that Drew stays as mentioned in other posts of mine.

We can only assume that while he is probably going, like any employer with a good employee that has been offered a job elsewhere, the Force management are doing their best to try and retain him, and good on them.

Unlike other employer/ employee negociations these are being played out in the open with people having some information and trying to summise the rest.

The fact that he has not yet confirmed means that Rugby WA are at least not giving up without a fight so good on them

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    He pretty much admitted on 96fm this morning that he was going. They caught him out by asking him the reason he was going if it wasn't money. Drew answered and then caught himself after a sentence or two and said that nothing had been announced officially!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    the entire world knows where Drew Mitchell is playing next year and some have done so for some time. Just man up and make an "official" announcement Drew so this can be put to bed finally

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Perhaps he want's to tell his mum before he tells the media
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Drew was on 882 6pr 10 am news and said he wanted to concentrate on tomorrow's game and will make an announcement on Friday night, I assume this will be aftyer the game which in all lilkelyhood means he is going to NSW. If he was signing for us it would be a morale boost to do it now.

I am sad to see him go, but wish him the best of luck against a very good set of outside backs he will contentesting for a starting berth, especially if Beale starts getting squeezed into the full back role more often.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    I am sad to see him go, but wish him the best of luck against a very good set of outside backs he will contentesting for a starting berth, especially if Beale starts getting squeezed into the full back role more often.
    I just don't get it. Beale, Tuqiri and Turner are all having reasonably good seasons (I haven't watched too closely, but that's how it seems). Beale is settling into the fullback jersey quite well and the two wingers are doing pretty well. I think he'll spend two seasons on the bench if he goes there. And this is how he plans to get into the RWC squad? It just doesn't make sense! Unless Beale is going to remain on the bench and Drew just walks into #15. Why would the Tahs pay a huge amount of money for a guy to sit on their bench? The whole thing is just weird.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Although I am not overly upset with Drew moving away from the force to the tah's, I can't really bite the whole link with Git's apart from maybe the firepower deal...

Anyhow it might prove a good opportunity for Sare to get a starting position on the wing, I thought he played pretty good each time he comes on he has an impact, with Shep as fullback and Nick should be a pretty good backline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    I just don't get it. Beale, Tuqiri and Turner are all having reasonably good seasons (I haven't watched too closely, but that's how it seems). Beale is settling into the fullback jersey quite well and the two wingers are doing pretty well. I think he'll spend two seasons on the bench if he goes there. And this is how he plans to get into the RWC squad? It just doesn't make sense! Unless Beale is going to remain on the bench and Drew just walks into #15. Why would the Tahs pay a huge amount of money for a guy to sit on their bench? The whole thing is just weird.
    Because eventually Beale will go back to 10, leaving 15 vacant for Drew, hence why the Force are targeting Halangahu for our vacant 10 jersey.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Because eventually Beale will go back to 10, leaving 15 vacant for Drew, hence why the Force are targeting Halangahu for our vacant 10 jersey.
    Why would the Tahs move Beale back to 10 though? I don't think he's up to much there. It would be in their best interests to keep Halangahu at 10, I think, but then Beale's on the bench when he could be at 15 where I think he could actually be quite strong. And why would they sign Drew at 15 after seeing his recent form there? It's hardly the form of a player you'd want starting at 15 week in week out. It all just doesn't make sense.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I'm surprised the Tahs wanted him after the other night. NSW rugby has hit rock bottom.

After his form over the last 2 weeks, should we bench him?
    It might be like in real estate or the stockmarket.... buy when the commodity is cheap, sell when price goes up... Bit simplified, I know but...

Tahs might be getting him when stocks are down and DMs portfolio isn't as hot as it could be. Imagine the bargaining power Drew would have if he was in sizzling form?

This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for the Tahs to snag a top line player at a greatly reduced cost.

As for benching; why not? He might come back with a vengeance after cooling his heels on the bench.... Ultimately I guess it's how the committee views his form and his place in the game plan.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast