Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheika says no to Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm not so sure. Bit tough to expect Foley to immediately undo a decade's damage to team ethos. I'd prefer others anyway. But I thought the same about Cheika. Careful what you wish for?
    If they appointed Foley, while there was a Scott Johnson available (assuming he's still interested) I would consider it another half-measure from RugbyWA. Foley may very well be good coach, but he hasn't gotten the results anywhere, and that's all you can really go by, isn't it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Nipper; 17-07-12 at 22:49.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It's a shame the Force (or RWA) can't put out a statement such as: "The SMH, etc, articles are not correct - negotiations are ongoing and awaiting ARU sanction." I know a non-story doesn't catch the public's imagination like a nice juicy crisis story, but the Eastern states papers have had repeated days of Force bashing with not a peep out of the Force PR. At the very least, the West could print the statement and the wiser heads out East might take note.
    Considering all the social media channels available to RugbyWA, they can go around the media establishments and speak directly to the Force members and fans. When you don't communicate, people's imaginations run wild. Proactive communication goes a long way to reducing the hysteria that we're seeing now. It doesn't have to be a step-by-step outline of what is happening. But something along the lines of "what you're reading from the blowhards on the east coast is not accurate - you'll be the first to know when there is a development" would calm down the members and instill at least a modicum of confidence that it's not a complete $hitshow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    If they appointed Foley, while there was a Scott Johnson available (assuming he's still interested) I would consider it another half-measure from RugbyWA. Foley may very well be good coach, but he hasn't gotten the results anywhere, and that's all you can really go by, isn't it?
    Like the post says I preferred other candidates in front of Foley and Chieka. The post was just a response to someone saying they would consider dropping their membership if Foley were appointed. I wouldn't. Sure he's unproven, but so are the rest, Including Cheika IMO. It's a highly unlikely scenario anyway.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ...a response to someone saying they would consider dropping their membership if Foley were appointed. I wouldn't. Sure he's unproven...
    that someone would be me shasta.

I disagree he is "unproven", he has just taken the Tahs to their worst ever season, including least wins and most consecutive losses, despite having a team with 8 starting wobblies (although I grant that figure should probably be 3 or 4 at most). He has every scribe and pundit screaming for his head, is a proponent of the "win ugly" brigade, and has an even worse braindead aimless kicking gameplan than our very own unlamented RG.

He is the exact opposite to what we are all crying out for, and what the Force needs. If he is the best RWAHQ can come up with after the "exhaustive" 15 week selection process, even when he has never been one mentioned in any article until now (and is still contracted to Tahs for next year) then god help us all.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    potentially, but it doesn't seem to be the first time reports have been leaked from RugbyWA..

Not trying to touch on a soft area, but on the flip side you have the QRU contract negotiations with Richard Graham which were a secret until it was signed.
    Hows the View from up there mate? Wouldnt want to fall of your horse.

Wasnt it the REDS who forced RG to announce the move or they would and wasnt it the REDS who pushed the buttone on Genia some would say they have abit of Form on contracts and Leaking things no?

Glass Houses My friend

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post

Glass Houses My friend
    That saying only applies if you have the "stones"

P.S - has Harris signed with Reds yet

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    rolling?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    that someone would be me shasta.

I disagree he is "unproven",
    l.
    We'll agree to disagree then.
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    Hows the View from up there mate? Wouldnt want to fall of your horse.

Wasnt it the REDS who forced RG to announce the move or they would and wasnt it the REDS who pushed the buttone on Genia some would say they have abit of Form on contracts and Leaking things no?

Glass Houses My friend
    wasn't having a dig, just drawing comparisons between the recruitment process of head coaches to Super Rugby provinces......

Last edited by TOCC; 18-07-12 at 13:08.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    That saying only applies if you have the "stones"

P.S - has Harris signed with Reds yet
    about time we take that chip off your shoulder buddy

vCash
    wasn't having a dig, just drawing comparisons between the recruitment process of head coaches to Super Rugby provinces......
    I think Gaffa's point was:

Reds recruit RG. Everything is going along fine with everything kept quiet, as it should be, until someone leaks it to the press. The fall-out is that the Force are left without a head coach for half a season.

Force recruit Genia. Everything is going along fine with everything kept quiet, as it should be, until Horan blabs his big mouth and the Queensland rugby fans are up in arms. The fall-out is that Genia decides to stay with the Reds and the Force miss out on a star player for next season.

Force recruit XXXX as head coach. Complete media speculation from Eastern states papers, first spruiking and then rubbishing any potential candidate. When it appears as if the Force have made their decision, the name of Cheika (and we're not even sure that's the correct name) is leaked to the Eastern states papers, who then run a further story that Cheika has declined due to the leaks. The fall-out is that the Force are still without a head coach.

Nice comparison!

Last edited by Sheikh; 18-07-12 at 13:22. Reason: clarity

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    It's a chunk not a chip TOCC, you'd need some help

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    ..just drawing comparisons between the recruitment process of head coaches to Super Rugby provinces......
    So lets be clear TOCC with some comparisons:
    While he is in pre-season of his second year of coaching the Force, with a whole year plus option to go on his contract, Richard Graham is tapped up by the Reds to become their coach the following year. Announcement is made mid season forcing resultant sacking of Graham (completely correct decision), completely destabilizing the Force and trashing their season.

Force conduct exhaustive 15 week selection and interview process, have not announced candidates or the winner, yet eastern states journos bandy all kinds of names then announce one in particular before immediately declaring he has refused the offer (that has not actually been announced).

Great comparison.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Force recruit Genia. Everything is going along fine with everything kept quiet, as it should be, until Horan blabs his big mouth and the Queensland rugby fans are up in arms. The fall-out is that Genia decides to stay with the Reds and the Force miss out on a star player for next season.
    Think your forgetting that their were actually news reports in the days prior to Horan's infamous tweet suggesting Genia was close to signing with the Force...

Force recruit XXXX as head coach. Complete media speculation from Eastern states papers, first spruiking and then rubbishing any potential candidate. When it appears as if the Force have made their decision, the name of Cheika (and we're not even sure that's the correct name) is leaked to the Eastern states papers, who then run a further story that Cheika has declined due to the leaks. The fall-out is that the Force are still without a head coach.
    Is it speculation? Seems relatively close to the mark given what response GAFFA was given by the RugbyWA employee...

So it comes back around to the issue that their is someone in the organisation leaking information and destabilising the club..

vCash
    So it comes back around to the issue that their is someone in the organisation leaking information and destabilising the club..
    How do you know it's someone within RugbyWA? Have you a source for that?

It may be a disgruntled RWA employee who is leaking the information. But given all of the leaks occurred during the period when the ARU has been involved in the contract ratification, and not before, do you think it more likely that the leaks came from within RWA or ARU?

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast