Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Canes - LIVE TYPE of Game

vCash
    Excellence defence effort!
    -Pocock, MOM for me, despite being yellow carded (what a crock that was), after his 10 minute break, straight back on and back into the thick of it.
    -Dane Haylett-Petty played really well, geez when he pins he ears back, he goes!
    -James O'Connor copped a hefty knock and stood up well to the Kiwi's.
    -Josh Tatupu excellent run, good set of running legs on him too!
    -Cameron Sheperd...what a try! Good job chum
    -Nathan Sharpe, anyone who dares say he is too old for rugby...cop that! Excellent work by him all night, one of only two to make a line break & got suds to the arm.
    -Matt Giteau, shave. Fair job with the kicking - 78m conversion kick ....oh and please sign

Just to name a few of the standouts IMHO

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by laura; 09-05-08 at 21:26. Reason: Gits 78m conversion kick info

vCash
    Thats a lot of standouts in a losing team Laura. Did no one make a mistake?

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    The team knows what went wrong, they dont need me to remind them of it. Yes there were mistakes, but I choose to find the postitives of the match.

+ after a crapily eventful day, I'll take any good I can get!

Last edited by laura; 09-05-08 at 20:50. Reason: bit more

vCash
    THe glass is half full. Thats a good philosophy, especially when supporting the Force this year. CARN NEXT YEAR!!!

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chook View Post
    Thats a lot of standouts in a losing team Laura. Did no one make a mistake?
    got to agree with chook on this one, yes our defence was good, but thats only because they were camped out in our 22 for most of the game, yes the young players we brought in did well enough, but not well enough to win...personally i thought we were pretty poor tonight, and look like going backwards on our finishing position on the S14 ladder from last year.....

laura what did you think of mcissacs performance tonight? was he one of the stand outs?

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    i thought we were pretty poor tonight, and look like going backwards on our finishing position on the S14 ladder from last year.....

laura what did you think of mcissacs performance tonight? was he one of the stand outs?[/QUOTE]

Cant agree here slomo. The Canes would of pantsed any Super 14 team tonight. Im not one to put a shine on a turd, but i thought we showed a bit of character. Tai had a shocker but hey form is made round to go around.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    McIsaac wasn't on my list, so take that as you will.
    I'm not going to say anything because I dont think they need reminding of it.
    As I said before, that was all IMHO and I have chosen to only mention the positives of the match.

vCash
    Thats an admirable stand Laura. I applaud you on it

Gigsa made me do it

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe someone can enlighten us folks who are fairly new to the game....ie i've only really been watching rugby since 2004.

Anyways my question is about Pocock's send off. Not necessarily the send off itself, but the fact it was called a penalty in the first place.

I thought since he was the tackler that he had rights to the ball as long as he got back to his feet. I know he briefly let go of the tackle, so maybe that was his problem.

Anyways...maybe someone can explain it better for me.

vCash
    I believe the word 'dubious' will be used to describe that penalty, not to mention the send off, quite a lot in the next few days Gustafsl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea View Post

Cant agree here slomo. The Canes would of pantsed any Super 14 team tonight. Im not one to put a shine on a turd, but i thought we showed a bit of character. Tai had a shocker but hey form is made round to go around.

TLH, sorry mate! you must of been watching a different game from me, character wins games, and we didn't go close tonight.....

Senior Player Contributor gustafsl's Avatar
    vCash
    Laura,

Way to keep it positive...I completely agree with you. The boys played hard and did what they could. They were just missing too many players to have any real go on offence. A loss is a loss, but if you look at the end stats...the Hurricanes were in our 22 for 30 minutes. And all they got were 2 tries. The 2nd of which (scored off our lineout) only took them like a minute. So really they only managed one try out of 29 minutes in our 22. Any team in Rugby would take that any day of the week.

vCash
    You been into the orange sherbet again Gus? There is positive and then there is slightly misled

Gigsa made me do it

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    We could of rolled over, and had a spot of Greek loving tonight, but we didnt. Im going to disagree with you on this one. Im happy as far a loss is concerned! I thought the team showed a bit..

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Senior Player
    vCash
    Great defence and the youngsters acquitted themselves well. Liked Tatupo's game and Haylett-Petty and O'Connor were not intimidated. The forwards defended with great intensity (Sharpie and Pocock excellent) but we tended to give it a go then kick what little possession we gained away. A difficult game in those conditions and the handling was excellent considering. Can't fault McIsaac if Timani doesn't jump on the call.... Kaplan proved he is pedantic and misses most of the play. We need more inventiveness in attack, but that's stating the obvious...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast