Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Western Force Snatch Loss from Jaws of Victory

vCash
    Injury woes
    NICK TAYLOR

THE Force has been rocked by injuries to winger Nick Commins and centre Junior Pelesasa.

Scans on Saturday revealed Cummins has a hairline fracture of his left leg and will be out of action for about a month after breaking the same leg last year.

Pelesasa is expected to be sidelined for up to two weeks with a torn right tricep.

Scott Staniforth has been cleared of ligament damage.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005403,00.html

Also, the main article on that page has the bit about Mitchell & his contract.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Channel 7 news:
    -Cummins has a broken leg
    -Pelesasa has a torn tricep
    -Sharpie said the loss was heartbreaking
    -Reporter said Mitchell missed 2 crucial tackles and it could affect contract negotiations.
    -Brumbies payed an emotional tribute to Shawn Mackay and went on to win the incredibly emotional match.
    I was pretty sure Cummins only had a hair line fracture...having said that he'll be gone for at least 6 weeks with that...

Edit: Beat me to it Laura

Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Cheers Pieter. Well according to those stats Drew missed ONE tackle. ONE!! Matt Giteau missed FIVE from 7, Ryan Cross and Junior missed THREE each from 8 and 10 respectively. And poor old Drew missed one of the NINE tackles he made. He also had 10 runs and made 131 metres, over double what anyone else made. Does the Turnover stat show the number for turnovers they caused or conceeded? Coz he got 2 of those too. On paper it sounds like a rather nice game Thanks for finding those Pieter, it makes my arguement sound a lot better Although, the video is hard to agrue against. That was a crap tackle Drew!

Why did that ONE tackle last night have to be the ONE that cost us the friggin GAME damnit!

But still, I think Drew should stay
    You make a fair point Robyn but you forget that one of the key roles for a fullback is the last line of defence. Even as a winger, defence should undoubtedly be one of the most important aspects of their game. Therefore, standards are higher. My problem with Drew's performance wasn't necessarily the amount of missed tackles, but it was the amount of time he wasn't even there to tackle. I mentioned earlier that I saw Giteau covering his arse at least 3 times, Nick a couple and even Pocock was hanging around the back end. If he wants to stay fullback he has to play fullback!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    And that for mine was the scariest thing about that result - I sit near a couple that have been there from day one, always stay to the death and applaud the players, thick and thin. But after that, they just got up to leave and she looked across and said "I can't do this anymore". I really hope it was just the disappointment of the moment speaking, otherwise the team may have just done damage to their support base that Subi itself couldn't manage.
    Yep...I also said something similar as I left before I could even hear Sharpie's speech. Having said that, I will continue to do this because I'm a sucker for punishment. Plus, no matter how bad i'm feeling right now, I guarantee you that they are feeling 10 times worse....so I figure they need all the moral support they can get.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehna View Post
    You make a fair point Robyn but you forget that one of the key roles for a fullback is the last line of defence. Even as a winger, defence should undoubtedly be one of the most important aspects of their game. Therefore, standards are higher. My problem with Drew's performance wasn't necessarily the amount of missed tackles, but it was the amount of time he wasn't even there to tackle. I mentioned earlier that I saw Giteau covering his arse at least 3 times, Nick a couple and even Pocock was hanging around the back end. If he wants to stay fullback he has to play fullback!
    Yes, it is a key part and I don't think he should be playing at 15. I'm just defending him, possiby out of habbit, but also because I don't think he was quite as dreadful as everyone seems to think. He wasn't good, but not so outrageously un-good that we want him to leave our team. Everyone was dropping back to cover for him, agreed, but a couple of the times he'd run the ball rather than kicked and got caught up in a ruck and the Canes got turnover and he was being sat on by props and couldn't run back to get there. Think it happened twice. I'll watch the replay and see if I'm imagining things or not

But I don't think Drew should be playing at 15, I wish wish wish Cameron was better.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

vCash
    Someone else watch the video and correct me if i'm wrong but all three tries from the Canes saw a missed tackle from Drew....

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to Giteau."

vCash
    you said it Jehna Drew stuffed it up 3 out of 3............

vCash
    on the money Jehna

I watched it twice to be sure and he missed the 3 tackeles that led to the 3 tries

and to be honest they were rather shocking missed tackles as well

Champion
    vCash
    Worlds best #15 if you support the opposition...

vCash
    maybe we should re-name Drew Mitchell "Princess Speedbump"
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    RugbyHeaven were quite generous. They have drew as 1 missed tackle.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    OK, mine died halfway through but I saw 2 of them he screwed up. Rugby Heaven lied to me!

I don't think he should be playing at 15. I think he is much better suited for the wing with his attacking flair and I wish Cameron would get better so that Drew would get off the wing. But I still don't count him as someone who needs to be replaced on our team. From 15 he desperatly needs to move but I don't see how having him would be bad. Three outrageously poor tackles don't make a bad player...

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...

vCash
    three outrageously poor tackles that lead to 3 tries make a bad player.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    yeah lets stick him on a wing where he can miss tackles
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by force addict View Post
    three outrageously poor tackles that lead to 3 tries make a bad player.
    Three outrageously poor tackles makes a bad game. Does a bad game make a bad player? I think it just makes a player who had an off night

Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    yeah lets stick him on a wing where he can miss tackles
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I'd rather that next time he has a bad defensive night he was on the wing that at 15. His defense is not regularly that bad but at least he's not backing everyone else's defense when he's on the wing

Champion
    vCash
    Isn't Rugby Heaven part of the Sydney Morning Herald ? Dont want to sound like there picking on there new recruit do they ....

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast