Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Channel 7 Perth is crap!

vCash
    come and sit in a circle children its conspiracy theory time.

My theory is, that as apart of the deal to secure the screening of AFL that channel 7 had to show other sports at stupid times of day to ensure the AFL is the dominant sport. Espeacially in places like Perth where other sports such as Rugby are emerging as genuine threats to the AFL.

Think about it people..................or am i just paranoid when it comes to dealing with a most unscrupulous organisation like the AFL?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 13-10-08 at 21:24.

vCash
    I watched a little of the Seven telecast, it's a pity because thier commentary is leagues above the tripe Fox serve up, I still rate Gordon Bray, I like his style and the game doesn't turn into a game long colour commentary. Simple commentating about the game and reporting the facts, not letting bias come into it and giving opinions, great stuff.

Isn't one of the greatest pieces of rugby commentary in the 91 World Cup where the Wallabies score the try to win it, instead of going nuts and losing thier shit over the Wallabies scoring they are mostly silent for the telecast, letting it soak in for a while and then reporting nice and evenly the try has been scored, great commentary...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    It really is amazing how two people can see exactly the same thing and come up with opposing views!
    I also like Gordon BLR, but that is about where our similarities on this one end.
    I found the commentary by C7 to be far more "excitable" along the lines of a Bruce McSpecial AFL match.
    I find that Horan and Crowley tend to contradict each other, almost for the sake of it and often belittle a chosen word the other used as a very poor segway for their own big note.
    I find that they can both by highly critical of Wallaby play, even when there is something quite good happening at the same time.
    It is almost as if they now expect the Wallabies to fail and commentate in a "told you so" type tone.
    I get the sense they are both carrying some historical baggage, with Horan I'd imagine it is linked to his past on the selection committee, hardly a time of Wallaby success.
    Added to that, you have the inevitable situation of all FTA broadcasts where they have an advert at every minor break in play (valuable analysis time as used by Kafe) and for the last fifteen minutes they are spruiking the next great and totally unrelated program coming on their network "soon".
    Personal taste is a funny old thing BLR, but for mine the Fox team are well in front.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Yeah, the 'extras' on the commentary team were a bit cringeworthy when they spoke but the commentary wasn't the three man show like on Fox, nice and simple and if they got one decent partner for Gordon Bray, a former rugby player who speaks about the technicalities of the game when needed.

For example, the Socceroos commentary team is exactly what you want, it has the trademark voice who does most of the commentary fare and balanced, reads in like a newsreader pretty much. Then you have ONE partner who is the former player, the expert who brings huge knowledge to the commentary but knows when to add it into the commentary.

I get dumber every time I watch a Fox telecast, the commentators get far too into the game and don't remember that they are there to report the game, not be the game.....the game will speak for itself...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    come and sit in a circle children its conspiracy theory time.

My theory is, that as apart of the deal to secure the screening of AFL that channel 7 had to show other sports at stupid times of day to ensure the AFL is the dominant sport. Espeacially in places like Perth where other sports such as Rugby are emerging as genuine threats to the AFL.

Think about it people..................or am i just paranoid when it comes to dealing with a most unscrupulous organisation like the AEL?
    and yet anothet conspiracy theory in the same vein....did anybody note the shape of the ground last night? Telstra dome is a multi purpose stadium ladies and gentlemen!

do you think we raised a petition for nothing?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    and yet anothet conspiracy theory in the same vein....did anybody note the shape of the ground last night? Telstra dome is a multi purpose stadium ladies and gentlemen!

do you think we raised a petition for nothing?
    I did see a curve at one point, but I wasn't sure if I was looking at the goal ends, since I think Telstra just swings in along the touch lines rather than all sides.

Happy, Ox, Harry- care to comment?

vCash
    one more thing, when channel 9 showed the AFL it also showed the Rugby League in this state at an ungodly hour of the day. Now Channel 9 doesnt have the AFL and they show the Rugby League on a 1 hour delay, usually at 2pm

or am I seeing too many coincidences here....................

vCash
    Channel 9 gave more coverage to Tiger Woods than the Wallabies just then

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    where do yo get a subscription to that magazine...........

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    To add insult to injury, C7 showed the last pass of each of the two Wallaby tries as part of their series of minor stories in sport as their coverage of the Test Match.
    Bless their cotton socks, at least Aunty had the decency to show all the tries and had it as a seperate story.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    I did see a curve at one point, but I wasn't sure if I was looking at the goal ends, since I think Telstra just swings in along the touch lines rather than all sides.

Happy, Ox, Harry- care to comment?
    Swee, you saw ALL curves, the ground had more curves than Pamela Anderson, you could see the AFL boundary line the whole way round...I checked, I want to mention it on air!

C'mon the

vCash
    I think it's a fair call- can't even move the stands for an INTERNATIONAL match now???

vCash
    Hell no! Costs too much. Upsets the ground. Disrupts the chi, don't you know. Will disturb the rare Perpendiculated Ground-Nesting Wombat (only present during non-AFL games, on sports grounds).

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Heres the problem...apparently.

Tough luck footy fans - Line and Length - WA Today Blogs

"Channel Seven are more frightened of fans of Better Homes and Gardens than they are of the average football supporter in Perth.

That’s right, those rabid and unreasonable devotees of Johanna Griggs and Dr Harry have Seven executives quaking in their Gucci loafers harder than the collective might of the Eagles and Dockers hordes.

This was made clear by the network’s decision not just to delay the broadcast of Friday’s West Coast versus Essendon clash from the Telstra Dome in Melbourne, but to delay it for so long the game had actually finished before it started showing in WA.

According to Seven program manager Ray Wardrop, the network lost 100,000 viewers when they previously shifted Griggs and co to Saturday in order to accommodate games involving Perth teams at 7.30pm in rounds six and seven. "

The rest at the link.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast