Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Hapless Force sink deeper into the quicksand they're built on

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I think JD (Joondalup Dave) you'd have a much more credible argument if you could provide some kind of idea of exactly what Mitchell has done. You are pretty defensive of the players.

It is a fact that Fitter wasn't up to Super 14. There had been numerous headlines of 'Get Fitter Fitter' and other poor jokes. It is also a very reasonable opinion that Fava wasn't right for a fledgling rugby club's culture. Chiselhead is quite right if a little blunt.

WJ I don't disagree with anything you are saying but can you make a suggestion of who the Force should've recruited instead of Mitchell?

And finally for anyone trying to compare Robbie Deans to John Mitchell- don't bother. Deans is the national coach. He is the be all and end all. You can't start a player revolt against him even if you wanted to. You just accept what he says or you don't become a Wallaby which is the peak. Super 14 coaches are in a much different position as most players have greater ambitions.
    in terms of deans i think he is a good comparitive as the 2 coached the all blacks together in 02-03. there were complaints within the all blacks then and now that deans is in his own there are no complaints.

In terms of what mitchell has done, we are simply going to have to trust the 30 members of the playing group and numerous staff who i believed up until i joined this blog that most of the perth public supported. so when up to 40 people say this is not the right bloke , and they are the ones who work there, the people of perth say, no the bloke must be right. your all just soft.

i just dont get it .

in terms of chisel head , your right, however i did drop my dummy , however i think the belittling of players is just not on. fitter went to london irish in, a much more forwards oreintated comp. although given nee is slower. and fava signed with the waratahs, he is also a player that has won 2 super 12 finals and played for australia.

in terms of 2nd for the force job , the final 2 were mitchell and andy friend who is now the head coach of the brumbies , cheika did not make the final 5 from my understanding and is now coaching succesfully in europe at leinster, he was neither derailed nor supported by the aru.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    The crux of the matter is the nature of the players complaint.Was it a direct approach to the club,or was it a result of a cleverly worded survey?
    & of course who leaked all of this
    hopefully the matter will be resolved shortly
    but I reckon we will never know the full story

vCash
    so are we any futher forward on the scott fava issue chiselhead?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    so are we any futher forward on the scott fava issue chiselhead?
    You've lost me
    He left because he didn't like Mitchell.
    He's now taking a young players place at the reTahs where he will play off the bench, drink a sh1tload of p1ss and wander restlessly from place to place with a high blood alcohol limit looking for small furry creatures to assault..............anything you'd like to add?

How about some running rugby from the attack coach?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Glad to see everyone playing nice

Rookie
    vCash
    guys for mine i think we are crossing the line here, this is not a private conversation but a public conversation against people who we do not actually know in person.

there is know question that these comments can often get back to the people that they are about. if you google scotts name, this page and this comment will be brought up directly.

i am sure that there is lots of fun being had but these players have wives and families and kids who will also see these comments. it is pretty irresponsible of us and is verging on slander.

scott does a lot of work for charity, and has done a huge amount for the rugby community in perth and sydney and canberra

chisel head i think you need to give it a rest buddy , we can make comments about each other but to call a player an alcoholic is crude , and innapropriate. i believe we have moderators here and i am EXTREMELY disapointed that these messages are not deleted immediatly.

Last edited by joondalup dave; 24-01-09 at 21:44.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Their biggest problem is the fact that QLD and NSW want to keep rugby all for themselves and they use their f%^$ing media to put out sh*te like this.

STFU John and accept that we exist.

At the end of the s14 2006 Connolly expressed that he was extremely impressed by the force saying that the formation of the team was the best thing in australian rugby.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I heard Fava liked Mitchell......

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    and I heard Connolly liked WA wine.....but that may be a rumour.

vCash
    Connolly is a Queenslander, the only wine he likes comes straight from a goon bag
    Posted via Mobile Device

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Connolly is a Queenslander, the only wine he likes comes straight from a goon bag
    Posted via Mobile Device

The goon was invented in South Australia...lets blame them Jargs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joondalup dave View Post
    there is know question
    I'm dissappointed with your lack of a grasp of the English language
    Posted via Mobile Device

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    At the end of the s14 2006 Connolly expressed that he was extremely impressed by the force saying that the formation of the team was the best thing in australian rugby.
    At the end of the S14 2006 Connolly was the Wallabies coach- he would have to be a complete and utter moron to say otherwise whether he believed it or not.

There is something I don't really get with you Dave. You are very protective of Fava and you seem to want to condemn Mitch. I wonder if whatever Mitch has done is worse than Fava's various indiscretions.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    im really interested to find out what comprises of a "vote of no confidence"

was it one of those culture surveys that was product by "leading teams"
    or was it merely a " we the playing group hereby pass a vote of no confidence in our coach" type petition.

somewhere i think the truth has been blurred, anyone have a better idea? anyone find that laptop that went missing
    I was interested in this exact point on Friday night. Robyn (BTW thnaks Robyn) made some awesome signs saying cool corners stuff, but she also made one saying "I suport JM", every player who signed stuff in our section signed it.....at least 15 or 20 names. Now if the player has seriously voted no confidence in the coach do you think he'd actually sign that....c'mon they're not League players, they can actually read you know!

C'mon the

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    i am EXTREMELY disapointed that these messages are not deleted immediatly.

Moderators are free to delete any message they wish if they see a reason for it. Whilst the language used may differ, there was nothing in Chiselhead's mesasge which hasn't been widely and repeatedly reported by press agencies with a much larger readership than TWF, and admitted to by Scott himself. There is no reason for it to be deleted.

I would have lilked that the Quokka story never made it public, but if news like that was discovered to be sat on - the Force would be accused of coverups and all manner of other evils. I would like that players can get out and celebrate without having to take a breathalizer the next morning, but rugby is a professional game now and the world is much more correct than back in the amateur days.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast