Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P. Normie

vCash
    A MAN charged with manslaughter after a fatal crash in Byford will face three further charges when he appears in the Perth Magistrates Court this month.

Police said this morning they had charged the 35-year-old Belmont man with unlawful acts with intent to harm, reckless driving and driving under the influence of drugs.

It will be alleged on Thursday December 9 2012, the man was involved in a crash on South Western Highway near Thomas Road just after 2pm, resulting in the death of 51-year-old Mark Noormets.

The 35-year-old will re-appear at Perth Magistrates Court on January 10 over the extra charges.

Major Crash investigators are still appealing for witnesses to come forward with any information, particularly if they saw a white courier truck travelling north on the South Western Highway near Thomas Road, Byford, on the day.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/west...-1226547630018

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Even the death penalty would be too good for the lowlife piece of s*it.

Even if the police do manage to get a conviction (and I don't have much faith that they will), he'll likely be out of jail in no time, will get his driving licence back on grounds of "hardship" or some such bs, and be let loose on civilised society again.

In the meantime, we all have to pay to keep him alive through our hard earned tax dollars.

For the sake of the gene pool, I hope he hasn't bred. If he has, I guess our tax dollars will be paying for his spawn too.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    As an aside, I hope the Major Crash Investigators use the correct date if they are appealing for witnesses - Mark was killed on 6 December, not 9 December as stated in the article.

vCash
    Hang in there Alison We are all feeling your pain.......

vCash
    Just read this terrible news. Makes you feel sick in the stomach.

Thoughts and prayers are flowing from the east coast for Normie and his family.

So, so unfair!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    Hang in there Alison We are all feeling your pain.......
    Thanks Jo xx

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic View Post
    Just read this terrible news. Makes you feel sick in the stomach.

Thoughts and prayers are flowing from the east coast for Normie and his family.

So, so unfair!
    Thank you for those kind words and thoughts Tic

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    Hopefully the charges that are being laid against him will see a reasonable level of justice prevail. I know that at the moment no amount of suffering for the perpetrator will ever seem like enough.

I know that grieving after such a tragedy is hard going, but things do eventually improve.
    Best wishes & keep going
    Cowboy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    Hopefully the charges that are being laid against him will see a reasonable level of justice prevail. I know that at the moment no amount of suffering for the perpetrator will ever seem like enough.

I know that grieving after such a tragedy is hard going, but things do eventually improve.
    Best wishes & keep going
    Cowboy
    I genuinely hope that he lives a long, long and healthy life. With the knowledge, and most importantly comprehension that he was the only reason someone he had probably never interacted with can never go home.
    And that persons family and friends are traumatised and changed forever; Regardless of what penalty he serves, there would be no greater punishment for him to be forever damaged, effected and haunted by this.
    Because that's what is going to happen to Normie's family.

I know it's changed my attitudes when I'm behind the wheel.

Senior Player Contributor Cowboy's Avatar
    vCash
    The point that I'm not making very well is that over time (and I'm talking years here) is that the desire for revenge/justice fades. Eventually I realised that nothing can bring the people you love back. The only thing that matters is that you miss them and wish that they were still here.

vCash
    basically.

as blase as it sounds. what's done is done everyone's just gotta do the best we can - and in no way am i trying to make light of this tragic accident

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy View Post
    The point that I'm not making very well is that over time (and I'm talking years here) is that the desire for revenge/justice fades. Eventually I realised that nothing can bring the people you love back. The only thing that matters is that you miss them and wish that they were still here.
    Thanks Cowboy :-) I think I am going through what they call the "anger" phase in coming to terms with the tragic loss of Normie. Initially, I had no anger towards his killer but now I damn well do, especially after learning that he was under the influence of drugs.

It is a cruel irony that, as a Customs officer, Normie spent his entire working life trying to protect us all from the scourge of drugs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    basically.

as blase as it sounds. what's done is done everyone's just gotta do the best we can - and in no way am i trying to make light of this tragic accident
    You're right Jono, nothing will undo the harm that has been done. We just have to learn from it and do whatever we can to honour Normie's memory and recognise how lucky we were to have had him in our lives at all.

I don't know about anyone else, but I have noticed over the past year in particular how agressive Perth drivers seem to be becoming. Only last week I was honked and gesticulated at by a driver behind me who was angry that I had deigned to allow someone in to our lane. At the time we were in queued traffic so there was no danger, and he would have lost mere seconds as a result of an extra car in front of him.

If we are to learn anything from Normie's loss, it is that we must be more considerate on the roads, and in society in general, unless we want to degenerate into the depraved kind of society we so abhor in other less-fortunate nations.

vCash
    Only just found out about this and feel pretty dumb as i dont usually venture into this part of the forums. Never met him but always respected what normie had to contribute just like all members of twf. RIP Champ.
    i think this year i might make an effort to put some faces to names here as most of twf seem like a good sort. Have only met Coach briefly and Chiraag.
    I hate driving in Perth. Had my own incident with a motorist who appeared to be on a crystal meth bender amongst many other incidents dealing with impatient and bad drivers. There's so many on the road that i cant help but feel its a reflection of what our society has become in that being self centered and selfish.

vCash
    Normie you’re still in our hearts & minds mate and forever will be.

I just thought I needed to share this with TWF..

A few weeks back I went down to the roadside memorial to tack my Force cap to a bollard at the site, however I found that it has been cleared. This is obviously his family’s wishes and their way in assisting with the healing process.

I live and work in the Peel region and had the honour of meeting Normie on a few jobs and what a top bloke – Our continued thoughts and condolences go out to his family in this New Year – R.I.P

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast