Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The InnFORCErs Trip To Brisbane 2008

vCash

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Doing us proud.....keep up the good work and what the hell is the bar count so far??
    i think the count is around 21 so far...

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thats correct Grumpy, 21 it is.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    Grumpy

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Tired and emotional.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    need food

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    well eat you told me yesterday how much cheaper it is over here

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Htfu Happster.

vCash
    I'm sure he feels better now he's had a sleep

vCash
    This is just a note to inform everyone that I am still alive and my liver hasn't done a kamikaze on me just yet... but it's getting there.

I haven't been anywhere near a computer so far so it's nice to finally jump online! 660 unread posts! Good gravy! Only have 30 mins to get through them all. I have a bit of time up my sleeve because TEF is yet to get out of bed so we're waiting on him before we mosey on into town for another super breakfast. (a big breakfast with a single leaf of spinach).

So far it has been a wonderful, crazy, scary, enlightening, confusing, fun load of various shenanigans and I'm trying my best to be constantly aware that I'm lucky to be allowed on tour because I am a girl so trying to be on my best, blokey behaviour.

On day one after flying all night on a connecting flight through Melbourne (I'm told they really like their sport) I finally arrived in sunny Bris Vegas at about 10 in the morning and got a taxi straight to the hotel. No messing about with trains like the boys did. I have 0 navigational skills so I would more than likely have gotten lost and somehow ended up in Africa or something. So a taxi it was.

Got to the hotel and dropped off my bags and went straight to The Valley to meet up with TLH and TEF for a drink. Having had no breakfast or lunch, and only an hours sleep, the 4 (or 5) pubs in 2 hours and 6 lemon lime bitters and vodkas I was quite merry and very proud to be keeping up with the boys. As soon as the clock struck 2 we toddled back up the hill to our hotel and I settled in for a bit of a nanna nap which only ended up being about 15 mins as my head was spinning a little bit.

That night I did my own thing with some girlfriends of mine who live over here and went to a lovely restaurant at South Bank and had some reef and beef.

Met up with the boys the next morning (Happy included now) and went to The Valley again to a little cafe with cheap food (all the food is so well priced here! Thanks to the pokies though.. hmm) and my attempt to order the muesli and yogurt was shot down in flames by TLH who insisted I join the rest of them in having a Super Breakfast. Which I did, and it lasted me until dinner time.

We then wandered into the city where I departed to do a spot of shopping just so I could get it all out of my system. Was severely frowned upon when I met up with the guys again holding many a shopping bag which I then had to carry around all day from pub to pub. Jargan wouldn't hold them for me even though we all know he's so good at it! For shame.

We went to the mall signing with Gits, Bam Bam, Quade and Barnes and they all signed Bert (even the queenslanders) as did Mrs Pocock who was evidently so proud of her little man. It was touching for us, embarrassing for David.

After that, more pub crawling and on the way I spotted Lachie Mackay and this only turned out to be the tip of the iceberg! Sheps then walks out of a music store so we got them to sign Bert and they pointed to the other side of the mall where most of the players were having coffee. So off we went and had a good chat to the boys and got them all to sign Bert (who is looking very handsome with all his new tattoos!).

We've been trying to get photos of Bert with as many different occupations as possible as well as with pretty girls and boys. So far we have police officers, a construction worker, some judges, some students and some lawyers, including the guy that represented Haneef. We didn't get him to sign it though. Thank goodness.

Then Jargs somehow managed to knock over a whole pint of beer which went all over me and straight into both my shopping bags. Quite an effort!! It served me right for going shopping on a rugby tour though. I was asking for it.

We then became acquainted with Happy's alter ego... Grumpy. But as he has my ticket for the game tonight I will leave that story untold.

Jargs, Mrs Jargs, Elf and myself left the boys in persuit of a top notch steak. We ended up at the Pig and Whistle and the food was amazing. Sadly due to the many lemon lime bitters and vodkas I had consumed that day, a spot of acid reflux put me off the second half of my steak. But an hour or so later I got my second wind and we had dessert.

Then the boys found us again and they too had some dinner (Happy needed it) and afterwards we found a taxi and headed for home. This driver was massive and TEF starts asking if this guys played rugby because he definitely looks like he'd be a Full back or a Winger. Then Happy challenged the guy to doing something scary and he faked running us off the road then swung it back so fast that we all got thrown around in the back. I was mortified! Happy loved it.

So made it home in one piece, only just. Think i'm on a count of about 13 or so vodka lemon lime bitters in 1 and a half days so I'm doing well.

Having an absolute blast and can only imagine how great today will be. GAME DAY!!!! This is why we're all here. to watch the force win!!

Missing you all and wish you were all here too to enjoy this. We'll just enjoy it more for everyone.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    oh and I'm pleased to report that Happy is happy again. That dinner and sleep has worked wonders.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    Looking forward to catching up with the rest of the INNForcers at the Beach House, as I only got into Brisvegas an hour ago.

vCash
    The offer to have it all dry cleaned still stands

looking forward to catching up with ya ox

vCash
    Nice report Jess!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Had a call from TLH and the Happster last night, they told me a totally different story to that one Jess!

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast