Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Force vs waratahs 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Yes. The line is where the 22 starts. Therefore his foot on the line means he was INSIDE the 22. There was nothing wrong with that call at all.
    ABSOLUTE TOSH!!!

Suggest you look at the picture above and watch a replay for yourself rather than just BELIEVE a very poor call.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Suggest you watch it again (31:41). At least 1/3 of KB's foot was over the line.
    It was obvious in the replay on the big screen and even the FoxSports commentators go quiet on the replay.
    It wouldn't matter if it was 100000000th of a mm by which he was touching the line.
    Same as the touch lines. Making contact with them = in. Whether it's the try line. The 22. Or the touch lines

vCash
    ABSOLUTE TOSH!!!

Suggest you look at the picture above and watch a replay for yourself rather than just BELIEVE a very poor call.
    Less stats, more laws bud.
    if the ball is grounded on a single blade of painted grass of the tryline, it's a try. same deal anywhere else on the field.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    An inch here or there, a dodgy TMO decision, a bias ref, illegal clean out.....

Bottom line is we are not performing. We might win a game or two this season, but, we're still crap.

You can say what you want about our poor playing roster against Wallaby stacked teams, but the Rebels seem to be doing ok. We have a really good looking team on paper when we have a full or near full strength line up. But it's just not working.

There is some real damage being done to the game in this state at the moment.

Something needs to change....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scozzie View Post
    .. cycnical blocking of kick-chasing players (particularly DHP), ....!!
    Did you hear Kearnsey bitching about us blocking their kick chasers. But if there was ever any doubt of his bias, listen to his pre kick off comments about the Force forwards: "I was impressed with Mafi's work rate the last time WE played here in WA"

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    I'm done, time to end 12 years of suffering.
    My mate and I are thinking exactly the same, as he said I'll spend the $460 on a case of good wine and crack a bottle in front of the TV for each home game, if it's crap I can watch something else and enjoy my wine.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    A couple of points.

The line is inside the 22, the kick was ok.

The entire last 15 minutes, the tahs had one shirt in the ruck....the tackler. NOT ONE MAN on the force decided that at this moment a pick and drive might be a good idea. I haven't coached beyond under 11s, but I could see it from 50m away, surely a professional rugby player should be able to see that and apply the pressure in the right areas. You pick and drive through their nonexistent pillars twice and they'll be forced to put men there, do it often enough and they'll keep men there. That's when you chuck it wide, when the lines compressed and you've blasted through a couple of weak shoulders in the middle of the field.

It isnt rocket surgery is it?

I think they're too drilled, and that's a symptom of a lack of skills, maybe in the players, maybe in the coach, but either way THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE. We won't win a home game this year if they don't.
    Last week the top team in the Competition the Chiefs had a bye, a number of their players went back and played full games of Club Rugby, Tawerea Kerr-Barlow for Hautapu, Tony Pulu for Bombay in the Counties comp., whilst Lolani Nani wasn't wanted by the Blues so he played a full game for his Club, Manukau and scored two tries. My Club was only allowed to play Rory Walton for 40minutes the previous Saturday and you'd have to be blind Freddy to see that he and others in the Force set up are so underdone when it comes to match fitness, because Foley and Nestor want to keep these players wrapped in cottenwool, it' s obviously working real well, Force bottom, Chiefs top sums this policy up. Foley doesn't give a toss about Community Rugby, what he doesn't see is without Community Rugby there will be no Force. It' s time to go Mr Foley you've done enough damage and done nothing to give Rugby a profile in this State. The oil I heard this week-end is that the Powers that be at Rugby WA are talking to ex England Coach Stuart Lancaster, whether that's good or bad remains to be seen.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ABSOLUTE TOSH!!!

I can see very clearly what the picture shows.

Imagine if you will a player with part of his boot on the touch line and most of it inside the field of play. Is he in touch? Is it exactly the same concept.

Had you been at the game with Sports Ears you would have heard Ref, AR and TMO (Hoff, Coops & Marsho) discussing it on the run and concluding it was fine. They even showed a replay at the next stoppage.

Move on. It was not wrong. Even if it was (which it wasn't), it did not change the outcome. We got smashed.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looks like Grant may be out with an eye injury for the next match, said we need anything else to wrong for us.

My thoughts on the game looking at it in the cold light of day.

There was a lot like in the first half, the chips did not fall our way, but the loosies, Grant, DHP played well and we're looking good.

Again the second half showed that frustration crept in as we could not make the line breaks, playing hard in the first half took its toll, When a Grant went off we lost what structure we had and the lack of an experienced head in the backline was there for all to see. The lack of depth compared to the Waratahs who paced themselves and played percentage rugby until we capitulated and they rolled us.

That said we all know we do not have a team of world beaters, but just very hard grafters who despite the critics say they are faced with give it their all week in and week out.

I will be there next week, next year and as long as we have a team in Perth.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I can see very clearly what the picture shows.

Imagine if you will a player with part of his boot on the touch line and most of it inside the field of play. Is he in touch? Is it exactly the same concept.

Had you been at the game with Sports Ears you would have heard Ref, AR and TMO (Hoff, Coops & Marsho) discussing it on the run and concluding it was fine. They even showed a replay at the next stoppage.

Move on. It was not wrong. Even if it was (which it wasn't), it did not change the outcome. We got smashed.
    Ecky It is sad for you to side with a call that was wrong. The rules state that the line is inside the 22 but where the toes of the boot is it is clearly over the line... I was listening to the calls on my sports ears and I am sorry but for professional referees to say when the 2nd to last try was call that the forward pass was no worse than last weeks one.. This shows the group that ref games need to be made more accountable.. Also did you hear the east touchie call knock on by white at the line out and it was ignored then they score a try... I am glad Ecky I don't attend games you ref as I think if you follow the same rules as the guys last night many followers migt consider not attending games reffed by you.. I do understand the WF proformance is not up to the best of standards at present but the result last night was a set up prior to the game...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Ecky It is sad for you to side with a call that was wrong. The rules state that the line is inside the 22 but where the toes of the boot is it is clearly over the line... I was listening to the calls on my sports ears and I am sorry but for professional referees to say when the 2nd to last try was call that the forward pass was no worse than last weeks one.. This shows the group that ref games need to be made more accountable.. Also did you hear the east touchie call knock on by white at the line out and it was ignored then they score a try... I am glad Ecky I don't attend games you ref as I think if you follow the same rules as the guys last night many followers migt consider not attending games reffed by you.. I do understand the WF proformance is not up to the best of standards at present but the result last night was a set up prior to the game...
    So you agree that the law was applied correctly - but you still think it was wrong?
    And you're GENUINLEY accusing them of rigging the game? - especially after the way we performed. You've got to be fucking joking
    Congratulations - you're absolutely and completely a massive idiot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    So you agree that the law was applied correctly - but you still think it was wrong?
    And you're GENUINLEY accusing them of rigging the game? - especially after the way we performed. You've got to be fucking joking
    Congratulations - you're absolutely and completely a massive idiot
    The laws state the line is part of the 22 and the toe of the boot was outside that means the player was deem outside the playing field.... The call was wrong like I stated... Jono pleae read the rules prior to calling me an idiot it is no diffent to a player having a all touch a blade of grass and its a try... but the rest of his ball is still in the field of play.. Toes over the line deemed out of 22...

vCash
    Oh buddy - I don't need just that specific incident to think you're an idiot.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    It wouldn't matter if it was 100000000th of a mm by which he was touching the line.
    Same as the touch lines. Making contact with them = in. Whether it's the try line. The 22. Or the touch lines
    The ball is in touch when a player is carrying it and the ball carrier (or the ball) touches the touchline or the ground beyond the touchline

law 19-has it changed?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    The ball is in touch when a player is carrying it and the ball carrier (or the ball) touches the touchline or the ground beyond the touchline

law 19-has it changed?
    Sorry, I meant the ball would be in touch if the player made contact with the line, not still in the field of play. should have re-read that one before I posted.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast