Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheika says no to Force

vCash
    IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Think your forgetting that their were actually news reports in the days prior to Horan's infamous tweet suggesting Genia was close to signing with the Force...

Is it speculation? Seems relatively close to the mark given what response GAFFA was given by the RugbyWA employee...

So it comes back around to the issue that their is someone in the organisation leaking information and destabilising the club..
    There was never any talk about genia coming to the force. The word was he was about to head over seas. Then out of the blue on a saturday arvo foxsports announce they have huge news which they will anounce during the force game.

Switch the tv on and there is tim horan spilling the beans and moments later the reds release a press statement confirming it. This all after the night before genia teling the reds he was off.

coincidence? I highly doubt it. Very smart from the reds as the force werent in any position to do anything as they where busy with the game.

And to them spring it all on poey during the post match interview was very poor.

Once again the reds are no saints maybe there are the ones being investigated re the salary cap would explain how they can keep everyone. No doubt they will get theres prob in the form of a bloke named richard after link is made wallabies coach.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion
    vCash
    Don't make me laugh TOCC, last time there was a leak about a contract it came from Tim Horan and the Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    IT WAS MEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    did you apologise to all those people in the elevator?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    did you apologise to all those people in the elevator?
    No that would have been insincere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    There was never any talk about genia coming to the force. The word was he was about to head over seas. Then out of the blue on a saturday arvo foxsports announce they have huge news which they will anounce during the force game.

Switch the tv on and there is tim horan spilling the beans and moments later the reds release a press statement confirming it. This all after the night before genia teling the reds he was off.

coincidence? I highly doubt it. Very smart from the reds as the force werent in any position to do anything as they where busy with the game.
    This article was released in The Australian on the 28th April.. So it was typed on the 27th..
    Tim Horan didnt 'tweet' until the night on the 28th..

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...-1226341210445

Rookie
    vCash
    I have never read any praise on this forum for Vern Reid.LIf I have it straight, he's the boss at the Force.Who is it that gives the boss his job-is he(or they) to blame for the constant misfortunes and procrastinations associated with the franchise?If Vern is the problem is there something that can be done to rectify the problem?I reckon if Len Buckeridge was running the show within 5 years we'd own a brand new stadium,have interests in most of the other franchises and the ARU would owe the Force enough money that they'd do as they were told.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    This article was released in The Australian on the 28th April.. So it was typed on the 27th..

I think Harris might have done some "creative accounting" on that release date.

If that was out on the Friday night TWF would have been all over it.

vCash

You first say that for days before the announcement it was tipped that Genia was coming to the force then produce an article dated the same day as it all went down.

As TG said if that articles time was correct we here would have been all over it the night before and if we didn’t pick it up all the Reds Fans over on G&G sure would have and had a field day but the article wasn’t posted until 5:11pm on sat arvo the same time as everything was going down on fox.

The truth is and you know it Tim Horan and Fox sports broke the news live during the pre game of the Forces match followed by the Reds media Release.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    There were rumours of genia coming to the force before horan said Anything about it
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    There were rumours of genia coming to the force before horan said Anything about it
    Posted via Mobile Device
    so there where rumours going round but everyone was blind sided by the announcement??

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    Posted via Mobile Device
    How's the XXXX, jono?
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GAFFA View Post
    You first say that for days before the announcement it was tipped that Genia was coming to the force then produce an article dated the same day as it all went down.

As TG said if that articles time was correct we here would have been all over it the night before and if we didn’t pick it up all the Reds Fans over on G&G sure would have and had a field day but the article wasn’t posted until 5:11pm on sat arvo the same time as everything was going down on fox.

The truth is and you know it Tim Horan and Fox sports broke the news live during the pre game of the Forces match followed by the Reds media Release.
    The whole thing was a deliberately orchestrated ambush by the QRU, admirably aided and abetted by Horan. No-one will ever convince me otherwise on that, no matter what 'evidence' they produce.

However, as the whole thing showed Genia to be such a meek and malleable person, I am glad he's not going to be wearing the blue and black jersey next season or any season, no matter how fantastic a player he is.

And if Queenslanders think that's sour grapes on my part, so be it. They can think whatever they like.

Last edited by Alison; 19-07-12 at 08:38. Reason: typos

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    How's the XXXX, jono?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    That's all you've got? I'm dissapointed for you.

Seriously though, I still don't see the big fuss about us not getting genia. Regardless of how good he is. I'd rather give pocock 400k a season if that's what it takes to keep him here. He is more valuable to the force than genia was going to be IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    rather give pocock 400k a season if that's what it takes to keep him here. He is more valuable to the force than genia was going to be IMO
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Thats debatable

We have a more then capable replacement in Hodgo

Don't get me wrong Pocock is a quality player, you don't get the Captaincy of the Wallabies without being one but if does go it won't be the end of the world

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast