Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Save The Force - It's on.

vCash
    Local police should have a liaison officer. Be easiest to pop into the station. But RWA should be able to help with the logistics & an email blast to the members.

Get back on to alan jones. And other local radio.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We'll be there. Surely, if Alison & Co come up with a date and venue then HQ can e mail everyone on the membership list with a call to arms. Nick Taylor at The West. Clint Wheeldon at ABC.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    nib stadium might be a good place. https://www.nibstadium.com.au/contact/. F* knows why, but this Sunday Glory is playing there.
    It's their home ground as well.

vCash
    Only issue is timing due to Easter and school holidays if it needs to be done in a hurry.
    Anyone know the ladies who were the main organisers of the last one? They might be able to help with what worked before

vCash
    inconsiderate bastards Hope they screw whichever Eastern states team they are playing !

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eleypinkbit View Post
    Only issue is timing due to Easter and school holidays if it needs to be done in a hurry.
    Anyone know the ladies who were the main organisers of the last one? They might be able to help with what worked before
    I'd agree that with Easter this weekend may not be the best time for a gathering/protest/war council.

vCash
    McGilvray Oval. Elizabeth Quay? JBs? kings Park? Parliament House steps? Hansie's house? Hyde Park?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'd agree that with Easter this weekend may not be the best time for a gathering/protest/war council.
    The message said URGENTLY. Easter or not we either want to have an impact or not. Easter Monday?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'm starting to lose track of all these threads, doing my head in!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The message said URGENTLY. Easter or not we either want to have an impact or not. Easter Monday?
    I got the message. How urgent is it needed given the ARU has postponed the announcement of the team on chopping blocks for a few weeks.

Also what's better? A hastily arranged get together where 2,000 people turn up or a get together (the following weekend for example) with some lead in time and some time to spread the word that can potentially attract 10,000 people.

Easter Monday is only 6 days away. A lot of people will already have made plans and I'm not arguing for die hards like you or I but the more casual supporters who may turn up to such an event.

An event with a low turn out could do more harm then good is what I'm getting at.

Flip side of my thought process is striking while the outrage in the community and the media is high maybe the best way to approach it as well.

I'll leave the decision on the date in the hands of someone far more capable than me!

vCash

Save the Force

I was contacted by RugbyWA today to organise a Blue Rally! I gave it the time I could spare at work, but it obviously needs more than I can give! My Boss was not impressed! I had to bring work home hence the late post! I will give assistance where I can but to organise it needs someone with know how and much more time than what I have! I think it is a great idea! People Power got our boys here! People Power will ensure they stay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    McGilvray Oval. Elizabeth Quay? JBs? kings Park? Parliament House steps? Hansie's house? Hyde Park?
    The WACA - http://waca.com.au/other/contact.php

Commonwealth Hockey Stadium, Bentley - http://www.hockeywa.org.au/Hockey-WA/Contact-Us

Quote Originally Posted by pollo144 View Post
    I have bought a share and have emailed the ARU and the WA government about wanting the force to stay. I was just thinking though in the event that we do get the axe some solutions to keep the force alive - we could still use the money raised and buy a licence into the Japanese competition (if they have will have us). It would mean that at the very least we would keep the force alive and give the WA boys a chance to continue playing rugby for their home state. This would mean that they cant play for oz but if it was me - I wouldnt want to play for oz if they cut the force. Also given Japan is the same time zone broadcasting rights would work well and travel too as its not that far. Hell they may even be on board with us playimg in Perth and thus we would still get home games.Just a thought is all - what do you think?
    That's a sterling idea! You know, I'm sure somebody's mentioned that one before...

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Thanks Shadta! I have put it out on Facebook, but it needs organising to rally the "Troops" and people with the know how on how,who to contact, how to contact etc! If anyone can take up the baton I'd be grateful and offer assistance all I can! I work til 9pm tomorrow! My Boss was not impressed today with calls I was receiving etc!😢😢

vCash
    Why don't we all go to the Glory game at NIB wearing our blue. I'm not suggesting we hijack their game but I'm sure that soccer fans would join in singing "fuck you ARU'. We would get 90mins of TV coverage and I'm sure it would hit the headlines.
    It would be seen nationally and not just be a 30s slot on local news.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm in but the Easter long weekend is shit timing to try and get a large group of people together. We will need every local rugby player to show up, especially kids (the future). Surely the Force administration is best placed to organise it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast