Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Poached Eggs.

vCash
    Is this argument still going on?!? Every club needs to recruit, better players get recruited by 'better' teams, or the older boys hang up the boots after deciding three days to recover from a game just isn't for them anymore. These players need replacing and a lot of the time they have to be sourced from elsewhere. Every club is doing it, every club has been doing it for a long time and at the end of the day it is up to the player to make the decision on where they want to be playing. Loyalty isn't a common thing anymore...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    When have I ever called you that?

You may be a lot of things in your private life that I dont know about, but towards me you have always been polite, friendly and hospitable, as a club president and as a person.

I may raz you unmercifully about your club, but I would never denigrate you as a person.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goony View Post
    Is this argument still going on?!? Every club needs to recruit, better players get recruited by 'better' teams, or the older boys hang up the boots after deciding three days to recover from a game just isn't for them anymore. These players need replacing and a lot of the time they have to be sourced from elsewhere. Every club is doing it, every club has been doing it for a long time and at the end of the day it is up to the player to make the decision on where they want to be playing. Loyalty isn't a common thing anymore...
    So Goony what Romours can you share with us about Baysie

vCash
    dunno mate, we haven't started training yet... few old boys looking at possibly coming back, that's about it for now - guess we will find out tomorrow once training commences

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    By the way, I am a prize arrogant prick, rude and ignorant.
    At last a semblance of truth from you Hansie.

Goony's comments are accurate re recruiting and retention. All I'm asking for is that you stop ranting and raving about how pure Nedlands are; as Goony says, all the clubs are in the same boat.

I don't have names and addresses for any Nedlands player; all I know is that everytime we play them in 1st grade there are lots of new faces. Eg that big lump of a second rower with a pommy accent 2 years ago; can't recall him in your Colts.

Definition of "poach" from the Macquarie Dictionary = "to simmer in liquid in a shallow pan". No wonder your players are all a bit pale. Then again, maybe you have the same recruitment strategy as Soaks.

I previously asked you to define "home grown" and you conveniently avoided the subject and went off on one of your rants from atop your soapbox again. Home grown does not mean "being in the country for more than 3 months!"

The real test will be round 1 on 21 April when your team runs out. Are you guaranteeing now that (apart from a Force player or three) all Neddies players will be local boys who came through the Nedlands juniors? We've already proven that can't be possible but you remain in denial.

Senior Player
    vCash
    " So Goony what Romours can you share with us about Baysie "

Apparently your name is mud out there after your recent defection.

Thats fact, not a rumour though.

vCash
    Rumours, you are behaving like a vindictive prick.

Pull your head in.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Actually to a casual observer, and remember there are lots who look at this site and don't post. If you think of a rugby person new in town and looking to join a club..they would run a mile...

just sayin...

vCash
    I'm sure those with a spirit that would encourage them to look for a rugby club to join would have seen it all before, Gerry .....

But irrespective of that, this is getting beyond the pale.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    You started it!

vCash
    I raised a contentious subject for rational discussion, not a forum for acrimony, character assassination and personal abuse.

Senior Player
    vCash
    If Rabies can be caught over the internet, that would explain the frothing of the mouth at this end.

Think I caught it off you Fulvio.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    " So Goony what Romours can you share with us about Baysie "

Apparently your name is mud out there after your recent defection.

Thats fact, not a rumour though.
    RM you have no idea what you are talking about. so rather go crawl back into the hole you came from

Champion
    vCash
    RM - Sam Herrington played 4 years ago = 2008. You are so full of shit. He came of his own accord to play with his best mate - Billy Blair whom we did recruit in 2007.

I shall not allow Nedlands to be demonised and if by trying to answer your questions, explain what we have done leads you to now decide we are trying to be holier than thou - then you are full of it. Proves you do not want to hear the truth - stick to the rumours and enjoy you own world of misinformation.

Fulvio - I shall not be there in March for our trials at Pallies - have one or three for me.

Rookie
    vCash
    As an ex neddies player and coached by Hansie, I say Neddies is one of the best club I ever been with, everyone was so friendly, supportive and helpful, Including Hansie.

If RM thinks Neddies like to poach players it is fine, everyone entitles to their own opinion but it is a different matter to spread bad rumour about them.

Have you ever think that it's because of the neddies environment that players want to join Neddies ?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast