Thread: FAIRBROTHER A FORCE IN FRONT ROW

vCash

FAIRBROTHER A FORCE IN FRONT ROW

Thursday, 13 May 2010 5:41am

RugbyWA

Emirates Western Force prop Tim Fairbrother

An impressive season with the Emirates Western Force has thrust prop Tim Fairbrother into Wallabies calculations in his first year playing with an Australian province.
    Following 58 Super Rugby matches with the Hurricanes in windy Wellington, Fairbrother sought new horizons and additional game time to show his wares and the move west has benefited both club and player.

Despite being born in New Zealand, Fairbrother is eligible for Wallabies selection via his Australian grandparents, and National Coach Robbie Deans admitted he had been closely monitoring his output during 2010.

While the prop has enjoyed a great season personally, Fairbrother said achieving team success at the Force was the key motivation for him to continue to lift his output.

“I’ve really enjoyed it with the boys but obviously it has been a tough season in terms of results,” Fairbrother said from Durban.

“It was a tough start to the year but once we found our feet it was much more enjoyable for everyone. Overall though I’ve enjoyed being at the Force, it has been a good change for me.

“The early part of the season tested our depth but there have been young guys come through which will be good for the group.

“I’m pretty happy with my form. There is plenty to look forward to next season and you can see the potential this group has in the way we’ve knocked over some of the teams at the top of the ladder.”

The experience tighthead will again be leading the way in the front row when the Force comes up against the Sharks in Durban on Friday and expects yet another tough night on the job.

“We’ve got a big game this Friday and we all want to finish off with a positive result,” said Fairbrother.

“In terms of the front row we’re happy with how we’re going and will be looking to step it up against the Sharks and of course going forward into next year. There is a good scrum culture at the club which is great.

“Every week in Super 14 you come up against quality props and this week won’t be any different.

“We’ll be looking to go out there and attack the Sharks from the outset and not let them get a bite into us early.”

While his team mates have tried a variety of activities to fill in the time between training sessions and gym workouts while in South Africa, Fairbrother has taken a more relaxed approach to touring.

“When we’re not training I try and get out and about and enjoy the down time with the boys. We’re a close group and everyone gets on well so there is no shortage of things to do but I haven’t been too adventurous. I just basically sit down talk rubbish and enjoy a coffee,” he laughed.

Friday’s match against the Sharks will be the third and final match of the Emirates Western Force’s tour in South Africa, and their last of the 2010 season.

More...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 13-05-10 at 06:35.