So, the Euro cup has come and gone and Spain, the team I was backing beat the Germans 1-0 with the winning goal coming from an individual effort from the previously under-performing Fernando Torres. The Germans had a bit of trouble with thier captain Ballack at the last minute being deemed fit to play and David Villa for the Spanish, was unable to play through injury, and I believe he was the top scorer in the tournament before he was injured, or near abouts.

It was a very good Euro Cup, lots of upsets, lots of last minute goals, some very good comebacks and in the semi's were too 'romantic' teams, Guus Hiddinks Russia, who avenged thier 4-1 drubbing at the start of the tournament to put up a very good fight against Spain while Germany stuggled and scored a late winner against a valiant Turkish side. It's a pity Sentanta is in Australia now so they brought all the broadcast rights so fans were stuck watching only 8 live games over the entire tournament and watching the extended highlights later on in the day.

Anyway, here is the link to a report of the game and FoxSports.com has a fairly good highlights rundown of the game, and of course the replay is on 10:55pm tonight on SBS off the top of my head..

ESPNsoccernet - Report: Germany vs Spain - European Championship